Tory market manipulation: Extended Help to Buy

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I'm not sure Rishi is the same as Javid, Hammond or Osborne. But I may be wrong. They were all card carrying, property speculating, middle England liberal elite. Thus far I'm not sure whether Rishi is or not.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
28 minutes ago, PropertyMania said:

Perhaps speaking to soon, but I believe the housing bung days are over. Government is leveraging to the hilt to protect business and workers rom covid effects. There is just no money left. I also expect housing to be a primary target for future taxes to pay for all this

Indeed

Housing is suddenly a tiny part of a much bigger more dangerous picture.

HOLA4411
50 minutes ago, PropertyMania said:

Government is leveraging to the hilt to protect business and workers rom covid effects.

https://wolfstreet.com/2020/04/14/something-has-gone-wrong-uk-government-banks-screw-up-coronavirus-loans-small-firms-on-near-collapse-mixed-results-in-other-countries/  - if the UK Gov + UK Banking dont sort this out, housing will be the least of their concerns!

HOLA4412
5 hours ago, dougless said:

It is disgusting but it is the Tory way.

It's EVERY Government's way following the failure of the system in the Great Financial Crash ... have you forgotten that money printing began under Labour?

Mortgage borrowing pumps massive amounts of credit into the economy - the largest private sector factor - so it must be maintained at all costs.

Only a matter of time before all new mortgage lending is underwritten explicitly by the Treasury, interest rates on the mortgage will be fixed at close to zero for the entire period of the loan and tax relief is available on the capital debt.

HOLA4413
28 minutes ago, blackhole said:

Banks lost the ability to know their patch and eyeball the businesses that needed funds.  The Mr Mainwaring caricature was based on a reality of people who knew who was good for a loan. 

Replacing them with some spotty 20 year old and the 'computer says no' led to a push for sales and commission and we know where that led.

Replace local banking with community credit funds to regain the knowledge.

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, PropertyMania said:

Perhaps speaking to soon, but I believe the housing bung days are over. Government is leveraging to the hilt to protect business and workers rom covid effects. There is just no money left. I also expect housing to be a primary target for future taxes to pay for all this

Yes....easy low hanging fruit.?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
9 hours ago, Sour Mash said:

... have you forgotten that money printing began under Labour?

I hadn't forgotten but Labour are amateurs compared to the Tory party when it comes to manipulating the market and I hate what Tories have done to this country.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Burbujista said:

One sign of hope. No other media outlet has any new article about it. The only serious source is The Times. A lot of financial experts are criticising the posible measure in public. There is a bit of hope that it just won’t happen.

There's now too much public evidence that shows HTB is mostly beneficial to builders not potential home owners.  That's before even scratching the surface of "poor quality" HTB homes, wihch have been covered by the media.

HOLA4419
12 hours ago, msi said:

Banks lost the ability to know their patch and eyeball the businesses that needed funds.  The Mr Mainwaring caricature was based on a reality of people who knew who was good for a loan. 

Replacing them with some spotty 20 year old and the 'computer says no' led to a push for sales and commission and we know where that led.

Replace local banking with community credit funds to regain the knowledge.

+1000.  You cant have capitalism if you're unable to access capital.  

HOLA4420

They should never have started out down this road in the first place but I don't think they had a lot of choice right now.

Their new recruits around the North West who might want to use HTB would have said "five minutes in and they've "s**t on us already" (unless they're intelligent enough to realise what the scheme actually does to them).

This looks to me more like a holding operation whereby things don't get any worse, I doubt they think the market will rear up on its hind legs and go racing. This is not 2013 again.

There's plenty of time for them still to come up with something or finally to come to their senses.

I'm against ALL intervention in housing markets other than in respect of health and employment problems via the benefits system.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
23 minutes ago, Smiley George said:

In the current climate would be a politically toxic move.

Having said that I wouldn't put it past the Tories to still think this was a great way of kickstarting the housing market post-pandemic. It would be monumentally stupid.

Why do you think I put the news here? It’s our perfect time to expose these corrupt politicians.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

From my Tory MP just a few minutes ago:

“Thanks for your email. I don’t think Help to Buy is a perfect programme, but I also don’t think it was introduced for any other reason than to help people get on the housing ladder. At the moment I understand this idea is just in discussion so we will have to see the detail – but I understand the argument that it may aid the first stages of the recovery. My main concern regarding housing is that I want to see a lot more affordable housing built and not to have developers whittle down the proportion they build on the grounds that developments are not commercially viable otherwise.“

HOLA4425
27 minutes ago, Burbujista said:

From my Tory MP just a few minutes ago:

“Thanks for your email. I don’t think Help to Buy is a perfect programme, but I also don’t think it was introduced for any other reason than to help people get on the housing ladder. At the moment I understand this idea is just in discussion so we will have to see the detail – but I understand the argument that it may aid the first stages of the recovery. My main concern regarding housing is that I want to see a lot more affordable housing built and not to have developers whittle down the proportion they build on the grounds that developments are not commercially viable otherwise.“

How to create many, many more unaffordable homes, by creating a few affordable homes....these people are incredibly stupid.

Who is the MP if you don't mind me asking?