House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrashBear

Half Ton Man

His wife was a strange one. I got the impression she tried to keep him fat so that nobody else could steal him from her.

What I don't understand about these "super-obese" people (as the programme described them), apart from where they get the money, is that their partners are obviously very much party to their obesity. These 50 stone plus people are bed-ridden, hence their partners are bringing them their food!

Their partners should simply stop feeding them. What are they going to do? Get out of bed and get the food themselves? They had to knock down walls to get some of these people off to hospital!

His wife was a strange one. I got the impression she tried to keep him fat so that nobody else could steal him from her.

What I don't understand about these "super-obese" people (as the programme described them), apart from where they get the money, is that their partners are obviously very much party to their obesity. These 50 stone plus people are bed-ridden, hence their partners are bringing them their food!

Their partners should simply stop feeding them. What are they going to do? Get out of bed and get the food themselves? They had to knock down walls to get some of these people off to hospital!

I was talking about this with my 11 year old son. We had watched something about a 759 lbs man. He went to a nursing home for the super obese...Ther scale didn't go that high, and they had to buy a new scale. IMHO it's addiction and codependency. I also wonder where they get their money... Their food bill must be as large as thier waistlnes. That said, we eat a diet of lean meats, whole grains, fruits & vegatables (not in that order). We could eat crap for much less. The reason weight (to a point) is a class issue in the U.S.

I've seen a few of these programmes now and was talking to my missus about it and we both came to the same conclusion....it isnt THAT expensive to ingest 15,000 calories a day.

In the UK a bottle of supermarket 'own brand' cola can be purchased for as little as 30p per 2 litres.....if one can of cola contains seven spooonfuls of sugar, what does 2 litres contain?

As the programme stated, he was malnourished at HALF A TON!!!!

I think this problem has more to do with high calorie drinks than high calorie food....its easier to ingest 15,000 calories of fluids than it is food.

One of the themes running through all of these programmes is the persons massive intake of 'soft' drinks not alcohol or food.....they seem to drink copious amounts of coke or pepsi etc.. up to 12 bottles a day (2 litre bottle x 12 = 24 litres of watery sugar a day!) you dont need to eat an awful on top of that to become super obese.

I just cant understand why you wouldnt stop when you physically cant move!

bizzare.....but proper car crash telly.