House Price Crash Forum

Anyone want to grass up property Auction houses?

Just received an email from the gov website advising which businesses can stay open. 

I noticed Auction Houses must be closed, but there doesn't appear to be any exception for online auctions.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close-guidance

Does this mean eBay has to close too lol or does it not count because it is based in Luxembourg?

It looks to me that that applies to closing their premises.

They can carry on online, in the same way that retailers not covered by an exemption can still sell online.

I have to issue with auction houses.

Bids off the wall are annoying but I have always found them to be the most pragmatic of property professionals.

What good does it do to have their business re-list overpriced crap again and again when the payday is when it sells.

When the crash comes the auction is one of the first places you will see it manifest with nice and family homes entered.