House Price Crash Forum

Huge contradiction on Halifax House Price Report

I believe that this is so incredible that it requires its own threat. There is clearly intention to give misleading information about the level of confidence in the market.

Spot the contradiction:

March House Price Report:

“We continue to have confidence in the fundamental strength of the housing market and remain ready and willing to lend on new mortgages, as well as product transfers and further advances, wherever and whenever there is demand.”

Reality:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/mar/26/halifax-withdraws-majority-of-mortgages-coronavirus

https://www.mortgagestrategy.co.uk/news/halifax-withdraws-all-mortgages-over-60-ltv/

In times of crisis or stress you tend to see people in their true colours, it exposes their underlying psyche, what makes them tick and also what makes them scared.

Halifax house price report is being exposed as everything we always knew it was, a thinly veiled sales and marketing tool, dressed up as serious statistical market analysis. Halifax, at its heart, is no different from all other banks and financial institutions across the world, they have one mission - to make vast sums of money from ordinary people like you and me.

Watch what they do, not what they say.

Isn't it just that they don't currently have the infrastructure to be able to perform property valuations remotely on a large scale, so have removed high LTV mortgages where this would present a greater risk?

Their overall funding and liquidity remains unaffected (for now!), but they don't want anyone to take advantage of the lack of physical valuations and take out a big mortgage on a derelict house?

20 hours ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

From the same stable of facts that produced Boris, Trump and Harry Potter.

halifax get their data from the office of notional statistics don't they?

I have noticed all my facebook ads are now from new builds and share dealing or mortgages.  Reading the comments under all the ads for new build is an eyeopener in itself ?

prices going to crash rip off prices poor quality buildings i`m surprised the builders still advertise when comments are possible 

9 hours ago, longgone said:

I have noticed all my facebook ads are now from new builds and share dealing or mortgages.  Reading the comments under all the ads for new build is an eyeopener in itself ?

prices going to crash rip off prices poor quality buildings i`m surprised the builders still advertise when comments are possible 

Advertisers are allowed to silently delete advert comments on facebook and twitter, you will notice none of the negative comments are more than a day or two old - so you can assume there are exponentially more comments that have already been removed.

1 hour ago, Habeas Domus said:

Advertisers are allowed to silently delete advert comments on facebook and twitter, you will notice none of the negative comments are more than a day or two old - so you can assume there are exponentially more comments that have already been removed.

They are allowing some pretty dire comments then