House Price Crash Forum

I lost the faith unlike a lot of you still here...   always thought it was going to be a dirty bomb that caused the `only buy when the blood is on the floor` moment,  got that wrong , but what is the value of a trllion pound note when nobody will handle  cash money and the card machine doesn`t work?

1 minute ago, douggggy said:

I lost the faith unlike a lot of you still here...   always thought it was going to be a dirty bomb that caused the `only buy when the blood is on the floor` moment,  got that wrong , but what is the value of a trllion pound note when nobody will handle  cash money and the card machine doesn`t work?

Don't worry, I will bung you a few Satoshi's to buy food.

actually.............   filled my boots in my local very empty Waitrose yesterday with loads and loads of reduced to clear stuff  which can all be frozen .... happy days just like 4.55 on a Christmas eve ...  like the person who managed to get a few sand bags for their fall-out shelter just before Kim Il Sun/Jun whatever says lets kick them now while we have a chance,   I will eat well for a more days a least..

48 minutes ago, douggggy said:

actually.............   filled my boots in my local very empty Waitrose yesterday with loads and loads of reduced to clear stuff  which can all be frozen .... happy days just like 4.55 on a Christmas eve ...  like the person who managed to get a few sand bags for their fall-out shelter just before Kim Il Sun/Jun whatever says lets kick them now while we have a chance,   I will eat well for a more days a least..

Providing there isn't a power cut???

20 minutes ago, interestrateripoff said:

I'd say it's important to have a broad range of eating solutions. We have a stocked freezer,  fridge, food cupboard and TFH prepper style "bunker" (Tins of freeze dried stuff in an unused room).

Increased morale, by eating normal food, is still important. The safety of freeze dried long life goodies can't be ignored either.

Edited by Huggy

The pandemic has now turned into a scam that they have to play out.

There is loads of questions to be answered, but if this virus was a problem, the essential workers would not be allowed in and out of work, they would be housed in makeshift accommodation next to the hospitals.

No worse than a flu as I understand it and we are no where near the numbers for a bad year so far.

3 minutes ago, HowMuch! said:

The pandemic has now turned into a scam that they have to play out.

There is loads of questions to be answered, but if this virus was a problem, the essential workers would not be allowed in and out of work, they would be housed in makeshift accommodation next to the hospitals.

No worse than a flu as I understand it and we are no where near the numbers for a bad year so far.

You understand nothing.

I’ve just spent the last 4 days fighting off what some people are referring to as the “mild symptoms”.

10 times worse than any flu I’ve ever had and I can easily see how even just that could be enough to kill off OAP’s, never mind the full blown lung ****** that is doing the worst damage.

It is dirty, but a bomb it ain't.

8 minutes ago, PalmerEldritch said:

I’ve just spent the last 4 days fighting off what some people are referring to as the “mild symptoms”.

How are you now? Did you get tested? Please be careful as apparently it can suddenly get worse and kill you. Does anyone else know you are sick and keep in regular contact?

48 minutes ago, interestrateripoff said:

A filled chest freezer should stay cold for a while, provided the temperature outside doesn't go too high and it isn't opened.

2 hours ago, douggggy said:

what is the value of a trllion pound note when nobody will handle  cash money and the card machine doesn`t work?

btw I like your avatar

6 minutes ago, Locke said:

It is dirty, but a bomb it ain't.

How are you now? Did you get tested? Please be careful as apparently it can suddenly get worse and kill you. Does anyone else know you are sick and keep in regular contact?

I’m ok. Completely wiped out but ok. No sign of breathing difficulties since the first day where I had a tight chest and pains. Four days of fever and a hacking cough is not fun though. A work colleague had a confirmed case so I can only assume that’s where it came from.

5 hours ago, PalmerEldritch said:

You understand nothing.

10 times worse than any flu I’ve ever had and I can easily see how even just that could be enough to kill off OAP’s, never mind the full blown lung ****** that is doing the worst damage.

I do understand, I had the Aussie flu strain over 2 years back, horrific is not the word, when I was finally hospitalised with breathing difficulties, other complications meant it was months till I got back to a good level of fitness. Hearing plenty of cases where individuals are seeing a few days of fever then back to normal, the testing does seem to have a very thin criteria as in a flu virus present.

Why are we not seeing the figures compared to other bad seasonal flu years, which in recent years has been recorded with 28,000+ deaths in a year.

Given the higher level of testing the numbers are bound to be bigger, but why do they not report the facts, plus they are always reporting totals on a daily basis as if to give the new shock figures.

Be nice to see some balanced reporting from experts who are sceptical.

24 minutes ago, HowMuch! said:

I do understand, I had the Aussie flu strain over 2 years back, horrific is not the word, when I was finally hospitalised with breathing difficulties, other complications meant it was months till I got back to a good level of fitness. Hearing plenty of cases where individuals are seeing a few days of fever then back to normal, the testing does seem to have a very thin criteria as in a flu virus present.

Why are we not seeing the figures compared to other bad seasonal flu years, which in recent years has been recorded with 28,000+ deaths in a year.

Given the higher level of testing the numbers are bound to be bigger, but why do they not report the facts, plus they are always reporting totals on a daily basis as if to give the new shock figures.

My feeling is that the media would be more comfortable with higher figures for the UK, the panic mode that they are trying to be on doesn`t work well with low numbers, not saying it won`t get worse, just saying. Another thing is that unless the casualty rate really spikes it is going to get harder and harder to keep people in their homes without some kind of push back happening aimed at the police. The London riots, which seemed to come from absolutely nowhere show how much tension is lurking there ready to be unleashed with the right provocation.

Edited by dances with sheeple
1 hour ago, HowMuch! said:

Death rate for regular flu 0.1%
Death rate for Covid current estimates seem to be 2-3%
This is a new virus with zero immunity across the entire planet and if it is allowed to spread freely there will be millions of deaths.

I imagine there aren’t many sceptical experts from any respectable sources.

12 hours ago, PalmerEldritch said:

Death rate for regular flu 0.1%
Death rate for Covid current estimates seem to be 2-3%
This is a new virus with zero immunity across the entire planet and if it is allowed to spread freely there will be millions of deaths.

I imagine there aren’t many sceptical experts from any respectable sources.

0.1% of estimated cases, or hospitalised.?

The 2-3% is people who die with signs on the virus tested, not the cause of death. 

Note the media are now trying to combine deaths in Italy and France And Spain combined to give a bigger figure. 

Why do they not use Germany's figures as a balance? 

14 hours ago, HowMuch! said:

Interesting reading, but I'm not an expert so don't know who to believe but there are expert skeptics out there:

Also am interested in how Sweden, of all places, are dealing with this as they have only implemented a partial lockdown.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/28/10-more-experts-criticising-the-coronavirus-panic/