House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - excuses for veiled marketing emails

I've been getting a steady stream of emails from various companies regarding the coronavirus, it seems that every company that I've ever bought a gadget or pack of screws from , now needs to email just to remind us of all the things they are doing to protect people from the virus, and how they are working hard to supply XYZ again if required (We can now deliver! new hours etc.)  or a random organisation emailing to say that the CEO is working from home to protect the employees/volunteers etc, but Tarquin is still ok studying rare caterpillars deep in the Indian rainforest.

Do you need to buy another breadmaker etc. due to the Coronavirus?

Today's little beauty of an email was titled  'Important Battery Care Tips During Self Isolation'

Anyone anything similar?

Bitcoin coming out of my ears

Staying at home because of COVID-19... Spend your time making thousands on bitcoins.

However it does mean a lot of the usual 'spam' 'fake' emails don't make any sense in the context of lockdown... 

Are you the guy that I saw while Im taking my morning walk? I think you are very attractive.

Write me back if you are him so we can plan a discreet time and place to hook up.

Otherwise I'd obviously clicked on the link in that email and downloaded her trojan. ?

1 hour ago, regprentice said:

However it does mean a lot of the usual 'spam' 'fake' emails don't make any sense in the context of lockdown... 

Are you the guy that I saw while Im taking my morning walk? I think you are very attractive.

Write me back if you are him so we can plan a discreet time and place to hook up.

Otherwise I'd obviously clicked on the link in that email and downloaded her trojan. ?

:lol:   yes because I have my email address stamped on my forehead

'Write me back'  lovely bit of English there.

On 23/03/2020 at 16:35, Andy T said:

I've been getting a steady stream of emails from various companies regarding the coronavirus, it seems that every company that I've ever bought a gadget or pack of screws from , now needs to email just to remind us of all the things they are doing to protect people from the virus, and how they are working hard to supply XYZ again if required (We can now deliver! new hours etc.)  or a random organisation emailing to say that the CEO is working from home to protect the employees/volunteers etc, but Tarquin is still ok studying rare caterpillars deep in the Indian rainforest.

Do you need to buy another breadmaker etc. due to the Coronavirus?

Today's little beauty of an email was titled  'Important Battery Care Tips During Self Isolation'

Anyone anything similar?

I've had people trying to sell me Hyperconverged compute infrastructure because of Coronavirus. All these new homeworkers clearly need a virtual desktop. 

Getting sick of the repeat emails from banks, same old shit,  what they are doing for us, what they are doing for staff etc.

Similar with work - for 10 years they didn't have employees contact details such as mobile numbers & personal email addresses - now they have asked for the information , they are sending texts & emails to us at home out of working hours about Coronavirus (non urgent messages) instead of communicating while we are at work.

2 hours ago, Andy T said:

Getting sick of the repeat emails from banks, same old shit,  what they are doing for us, what they are doing for staff etc.

Similar with work - for 10 years they didn't have employees contact details such as mobile numbers & personal email addresses - now they have asked for the information , they are sending texts & emails to us at home out of working hours about Coronavirus (non urgent messages) instead of communicating while we are at work.

That's why I've never given out those details to work. They've got my address (need to have that I suppose) and that's it. My boss has my phone number but I trust him to not stick it on any pointless circulars list, and that's a landline, so no texts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/03/2020 at 19:50, Bruce Banner said:

Barclays sent us both a spam SMS saying that our overdraft facilities are interest free between 27 March and 30 April.... how helpful :rolleyes:.

Everyone wants to help us..... how kind :rolleyes:.

I had a lovely text message from the Government saying stay at home.

3 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I had a lovely text message from the Government saying stay at home.

I got one of those and spent over an hour trying to work out how to block them in future...  I failed miserably :(.

I hate spam SMS more than any other kind of spam.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I got one of those and spent over an hour trying to work out how to block them in future...  I failed miserably :(.

I hate spam SMS more than any other kind of spam.

+1