Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

IKEA Swedish for shite


Patfig

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, scottbeard said:

Why is that shite?  The whole country will be on lockdown by next week anyway, so it hardly matters.

Its not shite I just thought IKEA was a literal translation for shite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patfig said:

Its not shite I just thought IKEA was a literal translation for shite.

The acronym that makes up the name stands for Ingvar Kamprad (the founder's name), Elmtaryd (the farm where the founder grew up), and Agunnaryd (the founder's hometown).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, regprentice said:

The acronym that makes up the name stands for Ingvar Kamprad (the founder's name), Elmtaryd (the farm where the founder grew up), and Agunnaryd (the founder's hometown).

Aha you learn something new every day so they say!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patfig said:

Aha you learn something new every day so they say!

When the Simpsons came out my primary 6 teacher was going mental as, apparently, the word 'dude' is Egyptian for camel shite and she was mortally offended anytime any one said dude. Something else for your brainbox

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 419 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.