House Price Crash Forum

Scared of losing my Forever Home

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
9 hours ago, 50sQuiff said:

I'm desperate to buy my wife her Forever Home (she won't let me procreate without one), and I've had an offer accepted of only 5% above asking. But now I fear that I may be overpaying, what with the crippling global pandemic, the end of the largest speculative credit bubble in history and the impending collapse of the entire post-Bretton Woods monetary structure.

So I was thinking of begging the EA - taking into account my superiors "up the chain" - for a reduction to just 2% above asking.

AIBU?

I think you should go up to 10% over asking. Lots of people will not be taking holidays now and instead will be buying houses the EA's are saying. You don't want to miss the boat.

If you don't like it, you can "just rent it out, innit".

Edited by bubbleturbo

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
15 hours ago, longgone said:

think i will sit this out.  

https://auctions.savills.co.uk/Auctions/Venue?aid=1126    

???

We are closely following official advice regarding coronavirus (Covid-19). Given the evolving situation, we have decided that our auction on Thursday 26 March will be held via remote bidding only.

Anyone else absolutely hate auctions?  As soon as another buyer comes along, that cheap house gets bidded up to a stupid level. I just walk at the thought of them, some even have non refundable fees that go to the agent. ("Modern mehtod of auction") Load of rubbish

HOLA4411
18 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

Neither will the world as we have come to know it since WW2.

I think we cannot be far from a new Bretton Woods event.

If you think that and wish to carry on renting good luck

last year 180,000 people died in the uk from flu - the word did not stop 

17 hours ago, Pop321 said:

Joking apart get it bought....no one ever loses money when buying a home ?

no one loses money if they rent 

HOLA4412
59 minutes ago, richmondtw said:

last year 180,000 people died in the uk from flu - the word did not stop 

No it didnt stop. However the World thinks it understands the Flu.

This virus is more lethal than Flu but other than that it is mostly an unknown and the uncertainty and fear that it is generating is bringing down the house of cards.

HOLA4413

I do not know anyone who is scared People who I know who are working from home  because they are told to but think its is a huge over reaction.  

None of my guys are at home even though they can work at home at any time they wish  hey have no uncertainty other than it will pass even the origin in china has ceased to have new cases.

Same in my local pub which is as busy as ever and where I will be at 5 pm today.  People I meet at work still shake hands friends still kiss and hug. 

HOLA4414
5 minutes ago, richmondtw said:

I do not know anyone who is scared People who I know who are working from home  because they are told to but think its is a huge over reaction.  

None of my guys are at home even though they can work at home at any time they wish  hey have no uncertainty other than it will pass even the origin in china has ceased to have new cases.

Same in my local pub which is as busy as ever and where I will be at 5 pm today.  People I meet at work still shake hands friends still kiss and hug. 

And this is why those of us that are making sacrifices are probably wasting our time.  Although it is useful to ask people what they are doing as a kind of "idiot test" to see how many of your friends/colleagues are actually idiots and you never knew it before.

HOLA4415
9 minutes ago, richmondtw said:

Congratulations. You're contributing to what is likely to become a rolling Lombardy-esque catastrophe. Bravo for your defiance!

19 hours ago, Dorkins said:

You're a bit late to the party, the Bretton Woods monetary system ended in 1971 when Nixon closed the gold window.

The US merely defaulted on its obligations, but the structure remains intact. This is the crux of the problem, as global imbalances are allowed to grow and metastasise unchecked.

Edited by 50sQuiff

HOLA4416
11 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

And this is why those of us that are making sacrifices are probably wasting our time.  Although it is useful to ask people what they are doing as a kind of "idiot test" to see how many of your friends/colleagues are actually idiots and you never knew it before.

Hey you can call people a name on a pc screen - big man - impressive

9 minutes ago, 50sQuiff said:

Congratulations. You're contributing to what is likely to become a rolling Lombardy-esque catastrophe. Bravo for your defiance!

No we are just not snowflakes who live our lives on twitter or fb and we do not need to have some so called drama in our lives - it does not dominate our conversion we have other interests in life

over and out ! Am as bored with this as I am with brexit

HOLA4417
1 minute ago, richmondtw said:

Hey you can call people a name on a pc screen - big man - impressive

No we are just not snowflakes who live our lives on twitter or fb and we do not need to have some so called drama in our lives - it does not dominate our conversion we have other interests in life

over and out ! Am as bored with this as I am with brexit

I am a laydee.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
9 hours ago, bear.getting.old said:

Anyone else absolutely hate auctions?  As soon as another buyer comes along, that cheap house gets bidded up to a stupid level. I just walk at the thought of them, some even have non refundable fees that go to the agent. ("Modern mehtod of auction") Load of rubbish

yep i went to a winkworth one once mid 2000`s and the process was a joke fake bids and they ended up more than you could probably just offer a agent. bit like auction vs buy it now on eBay.  heart over head.  you need to think in a binary way to win in sales. 

HOLA4420
30 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I am a laydee

hence the hysteria

20 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

Joining to flouncing in 11 days, that's got to be some kind of record.

Another one who can be rude on a PC screen - big man 

Personally I have better things to do than see how long anyone has been on any discussion platform

HOLA4421
On 19/03/2020 at 09:03, 50sQuiff said:

I'm desperate to buy my wife her Forever Home (she won't let me procreate without one), and I've had an offer accepted of only 5% above asking. But now I fear that I may be overpaying, what with the crippling global pandemic, the end of the largest speculative credit bubble in history and the impending collapse of the entire post-Bretton Woods monetary structure.

So I was thinking of begging the EA - taking into account my superiors "up the chain" - for a reduction to just 2% above asking.

AIBU?

Some people do not know how to select their partner. That is your biggest problem, anything else is secondary.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
16 hours ago, richmondtw said:

I know at least 2 friends who are scared of getting it. I also know another who is scared his parents will catch it and is very upset about people carrying on in pubs etc

HOLA4425