House Price Crash Forum

Scared of losing my Forever Home

I'm desperate to buy my wife her Forever Home (she won't let me procreate without one), and I've had an offer accepted of only 5% above asking. But now I fear that I may be overpaying, what with the crippling global pandemic, the end of the largest speculative credit bubble in history and the impending collapse of the entire post-Bretton Woods monetary structure.

So I was thinking of begging the EA - taking into account my superiors "up the chain" - for a reduction to just 2% above asking.

AIBU?

Edited by 50sQuiff
1 hour ago, 50sQuiff said:

I'm desperate to buy my wife her Forever Home (she won't let me procreate with one), and I've had an offer accepted of only 5% above asking. But now I fear that I may be overpaying, what with the crippling global pandemic, the end of the largest speculative credit bubble in history and the impending collapse of the entire post-Bretton Woods monetary structure.

So I was thinking of begging the EA - taking into account my superiors "up the chain" - for a reduction to just 2% above asking.

AIBU?

Get a new wife - there will be plenty of procreation opportunities coming up

If I hadn't seen your second post wouldn't of known you were joking very good !

when our currency is decimated and everyone has pummeled their remaining stash of cash into the ftse and dow it will go to the moon then studio flats will be 3 million quid  i would offer 50% more to secure the deal. 

Get it Done love BJ 

Just now, longgone said:

when our currency is decimated and everyone has pummeled their remaining stash of cash into the ftse and dow it will go to the moon then studio flats will be 3 million quid  i would offer 50% more to secure the deal. 

Get it Done love BJ 

?

That sad thing is, if you hold sterling exclusively, now may well be the best time to buy. Yikes.

2 hours ago, 50sQuiff said:

I'm desperate to buy my wife her Forever Home (she won't let me procreate without one), and I've had an offer accepted of only 5% above asking. But now I fear that I may be overpaying, what with the crippling global pandemic, the end of the largest speculative credit bubble in history and the impending collapse of the entire post-Bretton Woods monetary structure.

AIBU?

With the economy collapsing you might never get a chance to buy at this price so please, buy it, before the miss out

15 minutes ago, longgone said:

Get it Done love BJ 

30K salary with a 0% interest only mortgage, you can pay much more than that, infinity £'s to be precise.

Trouble only comes when the rates go up.

2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

30K salary with a 0% interest only mortgage, you can pay much more than that, infinity £'s to be precise.

Trouble only comes when the rates go up.

think i will sit this out.  

https://auctions.savills.co.uk/Auctions/Venue?aid=1126    

???

We are closely following official advice regarding coronavirus (Covid-19). Given the evolving situation, we have decided that our auction on Thursday 26 March will be held via remote bidding only.

The timings for the auction will remain as scheduled, with the sale taking place from 10am on Thursday 26 March. The auction will run in its normal fashion (shill bidding) with an auctioneer conducting the bidding with buyers able to bid via telephone, online or by submitting a proxy bid. As is the case with all Savills auctions, there will be a live video stream available on our website as well as live results.

While we have always offered these methods of remote bidding, to make registration as easy as possible we have made a number of important changes:

Registration for remote bidding can be done via email

Bidders will not be required to provide cheques upfront and instead successful purchasers will be legally bound to transfer the deposit by 5pm on Monday 30 March 2020

Bidders can register to bid up to 3pm on the day before the auction

As a result we are requiring additional information upfront and have strengthened the conditions regarding the contract in the bidders agreement

If bidders are registered for one property but are unsuccessful we will give the flexibility to bid on other properties as they would do in the auction room

Therefore, if you would like to bid at this auction we will need the following:

A completed remote bidding pack which can be downloaded here

The required ID documentation as detailed in the bidding pack for the bidder, buyer and deposit payer as appropriate

Rent the home and tell the missus you have bought it. Procreate a few times then let her in on the secret. ps....and hope she doesn’t have a secret of her own when the kids look like the postman. 

We could then write a sitcom about it. 

Joking apart get it bought....no one ever loses money when buying a home ?