House Price Crash Forum

Are the Banks scamming the government?

HOLA441

With the governments promising to pump money world wide, am I the only one who thinks the banks might using the pandemic as an excuse to panic the central banks and governments of the world to give even more free money as handouts to the banks, can't help thinking the banks are forcing the stock markets down to bluff the governments into issuing Commercial Papers,  provide REPO's, increase QE, introduce stock purchasing, conduct bailouts and fund corporate credit to name a few policies?

HOLA442
HOLA443

I've just commented on another thread that there seems to be a lot of convenient timing in all of this.  I know I'm a conspiracy theory nutter but it's really quickly started off things like

Discussing citizens income

Relaxing worker's maximum hours 

Banning mass gathering and encouraging social dislocation

Massive financial pumping

HOLA444
HOLA445
1 minute ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I've just commented on another thread that there seems to be a lot of convenient timing in all of this.  I know I'm a conspiracy theory nutter but it's really quickly started off things like

Discussing citizens income

Relaxing worker's maximum hours 

Banning mass gathering and encouraging social dislocation

Massive financial pumping

LOL i worked out a long time ago working for a living was a mugs game unless you are in the top % of earners. 

i honestly believe most jobs exist to occupy human time and keep society in a rigged regimental fashion.  

someone drilling a hole and the other bloke to fill it back in. with the banks making the filler to do it. 

HOLA446
28 minutes ago, longgone said:

LOL i worked out a long time ago working for a living was a mugs game unless you are in the top % of earners. 

i honestly believe most jobs exist to occupy human time and keep society in a rigged regimental fashion.  

someone drilling a hole and the other bloke to fill it back in. with the banks making the filler to do it. 

At a basic level that can't possibly be true though can it - everything that you buy, eat, read or use is created by a human doing a job?

Some of them are directly or indirectly to "occupy human time" (for example, actors perform to occupy your time watching them) but to suggest that more than 50% of jobs are really just "non-jobs" I can't believe.

HOLA447
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

At a basic level that can't possibly be true though can it - everything that you buy, eat, read or use is created by a human doing a job?

Some of them are directly or indirectly to "occupy human time" (for example, actors perform to occupy your time watching them) but to suggest that more than 50% of jobs are really just "non-jobs" I can't believe.

There will always be a need for some human work doctors food production viral research etc. the fact is many jobs only exists because of failures brought upon by others doing their jobs badly or a some kind of software driven failure or service failure or mechanical failure brought on by poor manufacture. 

one could argue the army is a worthless job as they only exist because other armies do ?  Managers are a worthless job in some cases as if employees could do their job correctly all of time why would they need to be managed.  years ago we had this girl sat next to us allocating system calls on a help desk to individual engineers to sort out when we looked at the whole call queue ourselves anyway and allocated them, she was only there doing the same thing for no reason at all and did it badly as they did not understand who deals with what type of work. 

Don`t get me started on agencies doing the job of HR or those morons wandering the streets trying to get you change service providers. 

EA`s another Bu**Sh*t job, middle men who get in the way and boost your mortgage by 10 years because they can with FOMO and loose credit. 

what about the gap insurance market ? insurance for insurance because the first round of insurance is not worth the paper written on ? more BS jobs. 

HOLA448
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

Since the government ISNT giving money to banks I don’t understand what scam you think has happened?

If anything the government is taking banks business by offering £330bn of loans direct to businesses??

That's partly true - grants and rate rebates don't have to be repaid

However I've heard ministers say a few times over the last few days that the first thing a business should do if they can't pay their wages bills is to speak to their bank. I heard a MD on the radio today say a £25k grant wouldn't cover 1 months wages. 

Plenty of money waiting in the wings for the banks... Today's FT 

The new Bank of England governor, Andrew Bailey, said on Wednesday that the UK central bank was willing to pump unlimited quantities of money into the economy via its new commercial paper facility to help fight the effects of the coronavirus — and would go further if requested to by the government.

HOLA449
HOLA4410