House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gtr London FTB

New Tax

Difficult to manage , who would agree house value. What about pensioners living in owned outright houses but on low incomes. At least Council tax is banded. If tax needs to be raised it should be capital gains based on all residences ;) I'm sure that would be a popular vote winner :rolleyes: . The current level of HPi of course is doing that already to a lot of folks with respect to Inheritance tax.

I'm not exactly suprised, it will start with BTL'ers, they're sitting ducks.

Our machiavellian instincts are second only to King Crafty himself, Crash Gordon.

I wonder what happends when you have a government that has grown arrogant and complacent after nearly a decade in office and they decide to tinker about with local taxation? This is wonderful news, I'm going to send a letter to HM Treasury commending this 'brave' and 'courageous' new tax.

Edited by BuyingBear

Why have we been conditioned into believing that more tax is the solution to every problem? Tax weakens our economy and the money is mainly used by idle public servants to enjoy a life of luxury.