Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

IR35 has been Delayed by a year


Recommended Posts

All the contractors were going to leave my place on mass the end of the month as they were going to be opted in bet their glad its been delayed as I bet they would struggle to get another gig for a while in the current climate. They all work from home as it is and its us permi's have to do all the crap jobs on less money

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit late for this. Many contractors have already quit or taken inside contracts. 

I'd imagine this is just a extension of the plan not to be 'heavy handed' in the first year and when the rules are now applied in 2021 hmrc will be on it immediately.... I'm sure by then we will need the money. 

So where do I stand if i apply for a role today advertised as inside, but I decide its outside, will I get away with that. Its not inside/outside that's important, it's the responsibility to determine lying with the engager or the client. 

Being discussed in more detail here https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/ir35-reform/137295-ir35-pulled-out-finance-bill-until-april-2021-a.html

Edited by regprentice
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sambino said:

All the contractors were going to leave my place on mass the end of the month as they were going to be opted in bet their glad its been delayed as I bet they would struggle to get another gig for a while in the current climate. They all work from home as it is and its us permi's have to do all the crap jobs on less money

Maybe you should try throwing off the soft comforting duvet of being an employee and give contracting a crack?

Link to post
Share on other sites

At first this pissed me off, but it could be a smart move.  If any contractor carrys on, they expose themselves when IR35 kicks in.  I can see after a year the Government being desperate for cash so this is a nice earner

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, msi said:

At first this pissed me off, but it could be a smart move.  If any contractor carrys on, they expose themselves when IR35 kicks in.  I can see after a year the Government being desperate for cash so this is a nice earner

Hmmm. Ignorance no longer being a defence.  Interesting thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sambino said:

All the contractors were going to leave my place on mass the end of the month as they were going to be opted in bet their glad its been delayed as I bet they would struggle to get another gig for a while in the current climate. They all work from home as it is and its us permi's have to do all the crap jobs on less money

I think you will find that most contractors will be out on their ear, that is the point of employing them on contract terms.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saves me getting non-employees into SAP HR as there's a Workday implementation later this year, which won't contain non-employees which would cause faffage getting them into SAP HR/payroll box. I know this is a really interesting post from me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Saves me getting non-employees into SAP HR as there's a Workday implementation later this year, which won't contain non-employees which would cause faffage getting them into SAP HR/payroll box. I know this is a really interesting post from me. 

Engineering firm?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LetsBuild said:

Engineering firm?

Consumer goods......if you want to talk about the folly of moving to Workday but keeping payroll on SAP in 30+ countries let me know......

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2020 at 20:58, sambino said:

All the contractors were going to leave my place on mass the end of the month as they were going to be opted in bet their glad its been delayed as I bet they would struggle to get another gig for a while in the current climate.

Sounds as if they were going to throw their toys out of the pram because they didn't want to pay their tax like the rest of us. I've seen the same thing happen in my place too - contractors (who are 100% pure "disguised employees" by the way, sitting with us permanently for 2, 3, 4, 5 years doing the exact same job for far more money) gnashing their teeth at the horrific idea of paying tax. Good riddance. Yet now, they get even more of a chance? :(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mrtickle said:

Sounds as if they were going to throw their toys out of the pram because they didn't want to pay their tax like the rest of us. I've seen the same thing happen in my place too - contractors (who are 100% pure "disguised employees" by the way, sitting with us permanently for 2, 3, 4, 5 years doing the exact same job for far more money) gnashing their teeth at the horrific idea of paying tax. Good riddance. Yet now, they get even more of a chance? :(

 

Brilliant. Where do I get the huge amounts of tax back from then that I've paid for over the last ten years !?

I didn't realise I didn't have to pay tax. Thanks for the insight. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 417 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.