House Price Crash Forum

How long before UK debt to GDP above 100% ?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
1 minute ago, scottbeard said:

Next couple of weeks

what else can they do though? In the long run it’s probably better than letting everything collapse into dust 

Well it is not really in their hands, but obviously the debt to gdp should have been much lower, before a crisis - theoretically we have just been through the longest economic expansion ever!!

Also I can understand why they need to keep strategically important companies going, but as most restaurants ultimately go bust anyway, I don't think absolutely everyone and everything needs to be bailed out - especially in the light that getting into out of control spending could bring the whole country down.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
5 hours ago, reddog said:

Well it is not really in their hands, but obviously the debt to gdp should have been much lower, before a crisis - theoretically we have just been through the longest economic expansion ever!!

Also I can understand why they need to keep strategically important companies going, but as most restaurants ultimately go bust anyway, I don't think absolutely everyone and everything needs to be bailed out - especially in the light that getting into out of control spending could bring the whole country down.

The problem seems to me that nearly everyone DOES seem to need a bail out. 

Wait a minute. How many employers have been subsidised by tax credits, got cheap labour from the EU and elsewhere and then spent excessively on divis, directors fees and share buybacks.

Having to fund the minimum wage and workplace pension payments must be just a pinprick in comparison. 

HOLA449
6 hours ago, reddog said:

Absolutely!

But from the corner they have painted themselves into today's measures sounded (at first pass anyway) reasonable.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413