House Price Crash Forum

Has Anyone Else Got Coronavirus-like Symptoms?

Background: I'm a 57yo male with no underlying conditions.

On March 6th I flew back from the USA via Amsterdam.

Friday 13th I noticed I was coughing. The cough is dry and fairly mild.

Saturday I also developed a sore throat. Again it was fairly mild and no worse that the sort of colds you get around this time. I decided to self isolate.

Other symptoms include runny nose (not a coronavirus symptom apparently, I feel colder than usual and have been sleeping more than usual.

To be honest, I'm kinda hoping this is Covid-19, as it's bearable so far. I have no way of being sure though.

Has anyone else got any symptoms?

About three weeks ago I had very similar symptoms (the cough was especially persistent) and at the time just considered it a usual winter cold episode. Other than testing whether it is specifically C19 or not you might not ever know I guess but news reports suggest its more severe symptoms but then they will be selective about such things.

Went to work Saturday morning feeling fine, expecting to do a trauma list. Didn't happen,  home by 1pm. By 4pm a hing legs and feeling a little under the weather, took paracetamol and had a restless night. Woke up Sunday morning with sore throat and a cough....that I'd only just got rid of after 8 weeks in Spain,  bugga. Been sweating a bit at night and taking paracetamol to ease that and the leg pains. Tuesday pm and still not right but quite bearable,  I'm not going out really but thinking of masking and gloving up for a trip to Tesco's late tonight, as in midnight ish. Not sneezing much at all but I did have surgery on the old conk last year and have been sneezing cos of that (since the surgery). Not really coughing much either, lung capacity seems unaffected,  I can still run up the stairs etc no problem. So I don't know what it is but the missus had much the same symptoms while in Spain, so 4-5 weeks. Wish I  could get tested so I could be back at work.....I think they're going to need me, until they cancel routine surgery,  then they won't need bank staff for a while....until the full time staff start going down. Then I have a difficult decision to make.....which would be much easier if I knew whether I was a help or a danger. It's VERY frustrating. 

All the best to those of you I know :), and those I don't.

Glad it's not too bad at the moment and hope it stays that way.

Testing is indeed the key. When a test is easily arranged, all those with acquired immunity will be able to resume a normal life. I might even be tempted to join you.

Cheers Bruce. Incidentally, the announcement I've been expecting just came, all routine surgery cancelled from 15th April....I suspect they'll be winding down pretty quickly from this Friday,  I have a colonoscopy booked  next Tuesday, I wonder if it will go ahead now.....

Not dead yet.

It's been 7 days since I first developed symptoms, so if it is Covid-19 I either recover or deteriorate now.

My wife has started to come down with it now.

I'm beginning to doubt it was anything more than a cold!

1 hour ago, Mark Uttley said:

Not dead yet.

It's been 7 days since I first developed symptoms, so if it is Covid-19 I either recover or deteriorate now.

My wife has started to come down with it now.

I'm beginning to doubt it was anything more than a cold!

Oh well, better luck next time :lol:.