• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, DrMartinSanchez said:

Buckle up, everyone...

man-catches-strangers-phone-on-roller-co

Spot on.
Absolutely baffles me that the way they want to stop people panicking....is to panic. 

0.25% is a joke and I am not really clear what they expect to happen now.

This bubble is being allowed to grow and grow. Pushing against the tide. Totally unprecedented...very dangerous. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley George said:

Enough is enough. I’m off to buy an over priced shitbox, taking on a crippling amount of debt for the entire family for the rest of their lives.

We cant win here.

The govt want to tax you an extra 2.5% on your whole salary to pay for boomers end of life care so they don't have to sell their mansions. Happier?

25 minutes ago, Si1 said:

The govt want to tax you an extra 2.5% on your whole salary to pay for boomers end of life care so they don't have to sell their mansions. Happier?

He will pay Boomers twice, through increased mortgage payments on a overpriced house plus additional 2.5% tax. I am sure he is over the moon about this.

Predictable.

So what happens now? Maybe mortgage rates will not go down by the same, as supposedly this rate may end up being taken away when things get back to normal (but you know it won't). 

Funding for small businesses in some cases may be throwing good money after bad. 

28 minutes ago, Si1 said:

FTSE seems to be bouncing in first minutes

As I type this it has already fizzled out. Worth using 1/3rd of your ammo for? What happens when the market finds out Boris has caught Coronavirus from Nadine?

Edited by LetsBuild
11 minutes ago, LetsBuild said:

As I type this it has already fizzled out. Worth using 1/3rd of your ammo for? What happens when the market finds out Boris has caught Coronavirus from Nadine?

2/3rds of the ammo - 1/3rd left surely..

It will make delivering the budget a lot harder though.

27 minutes ago, LetsBuild said:

I think it will be mostly positive news, because Cumming will probably have it as well, and they both will be isolated.

To be fair, cutting interest rates at a time of crisis and potential financial difficulty is both normal and sensible.

The problem is the cut should be from 5% to 4.5% not tiny to tinier - but they painted themselves into a corner in 2009 and are still in it

2 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

To be fair, cutting interest rates at a time of crisis and potential financial difficulty is both normal and sensible.

The problem is the cut should be from 5% to 4.5% not tiny to tinier - but they painted themselves into a corner in 2009 and are still in it

+1

6 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Exactly

1 hour ago, Smiley George said:

Enough is enough. I’m off to buy an over priced shitbox, taking on a crippling amount of debt for the entire family for the rest of their lives.

We cant win here.

Might as well go the whole hog and pop in to your local dealership and pick up the obligatory grey Audi S-Line on PCP to keep on the driveway of your overpriced shitbox.

I'm convinced the eventual outcome is huge scale debt forbearance to bail out these feckless t***s

Edited by nome