House Price Crash Forum

Dow Jones applys the stop locks on MASSIVE DROPS

HOLA441
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Will it bounce back soon, or do you guys think best to hold on for more drops? All depends on the trajectory of the virus, or are there more angles we should consider, oil, interest rates, the limit of CB`s to act with any real effect? I have been pretty disciplined so far in not buying into this too early. Normal monthly contributions will continue to go in whatever happens of course.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Just wondering how negative interest rates need to go to make it worth my while paying the early redemption and remortgaging. 

Stock market is a falling knife, but the FTSE's top performing days tend to follow in rapid succession from their worst. 

This time it is NOT different. The reason for the falls is a lack of clarity about the future, that is all. Same as all the crashes before. 

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
On 09/03/2020 at 15:08, crazypabs said:

I cant believe the massive drops on the FTSE & DJ this morning, with a stop lock of 15mins being applied to the DJ index, and other stocks having a day suspension in trading!!!

this is a S'Storm!

Where is the Plunge Protection Team (remember that one?) when you need them??

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
20 minutes ago, LetsBuild said:

I've kinda been preparing for this for 10 years and even i'm getting a bit concerned at this point!

thats a good sign to buy in.

in 2008 i has this thought:

1. i buy in and make a killing on the recovery
2. I buy in and it does not recover and the economy collapses (in which case we are all fecked anyway)

so basically just buy, if you dont buy the economy could collapse anyway and take whatever value you had anyway.
maybe dont spunk it all straight away but buy progressively more as it falls. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
4 hours ago, 2rocketman said:

The potential is there to make fortunes at the moment! 

I have a spread betting account and there is the chance at the moment to short the heck out of everything.

However, it only takes a few words from a central bankmeister or politician to swing the market wildly in the other direction and little guys like us lose their shirt in a matter of minutes...

As for going long - who knows how and when this will end? Pumping money in may suit the speculators well and temporarily fix stock prices, but it doesn't fix supply chains...

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, LetsBuild said:

I've kinda been preparing for this for 10 years and even i'm getting a bit concerned at this point!

Yes, the speed of things starting to unravel and panic at high levels is concerning, as is the number of people in government (and celebrities, Tom Hanks etc.) who are testing positive, underneath it all though there is a nagging feeling of orchestration that I can`t shake, anyone else feeling that?

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4417
12 minutes ago, zilly said:

I have a spread betting account and there is the chance at the moment to short the heck out of everything.

However, it only takes a few words from a central bankmeister or politician to swing the market wildly in the other direction and little guys like us lose their shirt in a matter of minutes...

As for going long - who knows how and when this will end? Pumping money in may suit the speculators well and temporarily fix stock prices, but it doesn't fix supply chains...

So far everything they are saying is crashing it harder though? Not really convinced they are as smart as we (and they) think....

HOLA4418
27 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

Yes, the speed of things starting to unravel and panic at high levels is concerning, as is the number of people in government (and celebrities, Tom Hanks etc.) who are testing positive, underneath it all though there is a nagging feeling of orchestration that I can`t shake, anyone else feeling that?

Every media story of a death says the patient had underlying health issues like they are pre scripted.

Covid19 is the perfect cover story to hide the failures of the economy, just blame it on an invisible force.  Milk tray man could be real.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
7 minutes ago, longgone said:

Every media story of a death says the patient had underlying health issues like they are pre scripted.

Covid19 is the perfect cover story to hide the failures of the economy, just blame it on an invisible force.  Milk tray man could be real.

What would be the desired result of doing this though, total re-set, make people take their losses on things like property for example, get proper lending going again? Although it feels too orchestrated I still can`t see the point of trashing the global economy at this stage or any stage (not that I am not enjoying the show BTW)

HOLA4421
21 minutes ago, dances with sheeple said:

What would be the desired result of doing this though, total re-set, make people take their losses on things like property for example, get proper lending going again? Although it feels too orchestrated I still can`t see the point of trashing the global economy at this stage or any stage (not that I am not enjoying the show BTW)

It is hard to tell with the mega gains accumulated over the past 10 years, at some point there will need to be some kind of reset take the recent change in law to make bail ins and emergency funding hidden from public view. a virus scapegoat seems the perfect storm to hide all of this crap in. Maybe the flow of money out is the marker of this scam maybe it has been orchestrated to drop lower a lot lot lower, you can bet your life if this is man made the big money left on the first sniff of a wobble after all most humans think in herd mentality. 

Its a very dangerous game to play though No rules no half time.  winners would of got out first and holed up somewhere remote till it dies down. 

Then again i maybe talking BS ?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425