House Price Crash Forum

Rogue estate agent 'left me in limbo'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51659011

Su told BBC Radio 4's Money Box programme that she was visited by a so-called quick sale estate agent who pressured her into signing a contract. However, the full details of the contract were only revealed a couple of days later during a phone call from its office.

"They were quite hard about [me] signing up. Subsequently I found out I was signed up to them for a year," she says.

"They provided no service whatsoever, they provided no viewings, nobody came to see it [the house] and when I phoned them it was just recorded messages.

"It's also left me quite worried about who I should take on and whether or not I can trust people.

"It's left me in limbo because I haven't been able to sell my house. As far as the financial implications, until I can sell my house, it's impossible for me to plan for my financial future."

. . .

Julia Armstrong also contacted Money Box about her experience with a rogue estate agent, who lowered the sale price of her house without her permission.

"A year later we have put our house on the market again and every viewing has said it's overpriced now because it was listed at £50,000 less last year," she says.

"It was a shock to us and our new agents advised us to drop the price this year immediately by £30,000 [to try to get people to even consider it]."

She added she was very unhappy that the new valuation "has been affected by the short period more than a year ago when it [our house] was undervalued by one of these agents".

??????

It. Hasnt. Sold.

Its. Overpriced.

Its not them, its you.

I mena, what do they want, UKGOV to regulate that buyers pay whatever gormless price they come up with?

They migth have a point if the quick sale EA had sold the within ~2 months.

But if a quick sale EA has not shifted the house within 12 months - and I d guess most will be listing the property on RM, then the place is over value FFS.

5 hours ago, spyguy said:

Im walking by houses with two For Sales on them now.

Totally pointless. Both listings are shown in RM, same price.

It could be a part exchange deal with a property developer.  They use multiple agents.

5 hours ago, spyguy said:

Rogue estate agent 'left me in limbo'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51659011

Su told BBC Radio 4's Money Box programme that she was visited by a so-called quick sale estate agent who pressured her into signing a contract. However, the full details of the contract were only revealed a couple of days later during a phone call from its office.

"They were quite hard about [me] signing up. Subsequently I found out I was signed up to them for a year," she says.

"They provided no service whatsoever, they provided no viewings, nobody came to see it [the house] and when I phoned them it was just recorded messages.

"It's also left me quite worried about who I should take on and whether or not I can trust people.

"It's left me in limbo because I haven't been able to sell my house. As far as the financial implications, until I can sell my house, it's impossible for me to plan for my financial future."

. . .

Julia Armstrong also contacted Money Box about her experience with a rogue estate agent, who lowered the sale price of her house without her permission.

"A year later we have put our house on the market again and every viewing has said it's overpriced now because it was listed at £50,000 less last year," she says.

"It was a shock to us and our new agents advised us to drop the price this year immediately by £30,000 [to try to get people to even consider it]."

She added she was very unhappy that the new valuation "has been affected by the short period more than a year ago when it [our house] was undervalued by one of these agents".

??????

It. Hasnt. Sold.

Its. Overpriced.

Its not them, its you.

I mena, what do they want, UKGOV to regulate that buyers pay whatever gormless price they come up with?

They migth have a point if the quick sale EA had sold the within ~2 months.

But if a quick sale EA has not shifted the house within 12 months - and I d guess most will be listing the property on RM, then the place is over value FFS.

Agents overvaluing by a 100k on already over inflated proces just to get the listing.

Crazy madness.