House Price Crash Forum
Saving For a Space Ship

Is There A 'we Told You So' Banner On Hpc.co.uk?

I popped in on a landlord friend with several properties in the Merseyside area the other day. I know him quite well.

I normally start up the conversation on property and give him a few nuggets from the hpc forum, but to my suprise he brought up the subject and asked in all seriousness 'is there a we told you so banner on hpc.co.uk?'

He's been trying to sell all his portfolio since end of last year, he's been delayed as tenants have had to move out or do a slight refurb etc. The Ea told him he was the only seller who had asked for a lower price than the estimate, so it would show he's no fool & other sellers in that area are still in denial of having to drop prices IMO.

He has plenty of equity and initially he was sceptical a year ago about a crash happening, but the rise in energy costs convinced him into selling up double quick as this would hit mortgage payers hard.

What a change in a year.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

Not everyone knows yet... give it time and the we are here sign will be one massive i told you so message :) When the crash garthers pace, more people will find this site IMO will accelerate the crash....

Not everyone knows yet... give it time and the we are here sign will be one massive i told you so message :) When the crash garthers pace, more people will find this site IMO will accelerate the crash....

And then there is Halifax. "Told you so" only works if the person is listening. When Halifax accept the message ITS TIME TO BUY!

I've been making a scrap book (I know...) entitled "The House Price Crash I Told You So Compedium Party Pack".

I have many fun articles and printouts ready to show to people who've mocked me over the last 2 years. I'm going to have a dinner party.

I've been making a scrap book (I know...) entitled "The House Price Crash I Told You So Compedium Party Pack".

I have many fun articles and printouts ready to show to people who've mocked me over the last 2 years. I'm going to have a dinner party.

Are you going to tell them what its in honour of, or are you just going to invite them over, serve a really lush dinner, and when they have settled down for the after dinner drink, pull out the scrap book like an excited octogenarian returning from a cruise and force them to look in detail at every single one and stand over them threateningly till they make banal positive murmuring noises? ... or better still, get them made into slides and have a slide show!!!

Elizabeth - I plan on having the relatives around when the headlines preach the word then provide a multi-media / all singing dancing event with A-ha doing the music, finishing off with a firework display making out the words "I told you so you tw@ts" in cheap Chinese rockets.

Then I'm going to slip into a jacuzzi filled with strawberry jelly.

I have wondered whether or not to tell anyone about it but reckon the best revenge is served cold i.e. buy a nice house that I can afford. It's a crazy dream I know.

Elizabeth - I plan on having the relatives around when the headlines preach the word then provide a multi-media / all singing dancing event with A-ha doing the music, finishing off with a firework display making out the words "I told you so you tw@ts" in cheap Chinese rockets.

I have wondered whether or not to tell anyone about it but reckon the best revenge is served cold i.e. buy a nice house that I can afford. It's a crazy dream I know.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Brilliant.

Well looking at the uk national and london statistics and the most recent predictions on the housepricecrash home page they are all up :)

Some of the older predictions should be deleted or updated..just left there to give bears a little comfort.

quality idea..

Mapped out the HPC to a mate on sunday.. little graphs showing all the booms and corrections since the war..

Explained the difference between early inflation led corrections and the more recent 1989-95 ish correction where inflation was capped and prices came down.

Explained why this time inflation is to be capped.

Oil prices meaning that wage push inflation devaluing the pound would be fatal to buying in oil.. That all inlfationary forces apart from houseprices are external and could not be fixed by wage inflation internally..

and the penny dropped..

This guy is an intelligent legal professional who cannot aford what he sees as a realistic home for someone in his position.. (converted studio attic flat in a bad area, legal degree and many years standing and in devon)

But to see someone grasp the forces pushing the market..

That was en-lightening..

Guest Bart of Darkness

As Rogers & Hammerstein wrote,

You've got to have a dream,

If you don't have a dream,

How are you going to have a dream come true?

Revenge is best served cold (just make sure that the strawberry jelly is at least lukewarm though).