House Price Crash Forum

Mass changes to UK immigration requirements

I think this tragic, disgusting incident is entirely *ON* topic.

I dont see how a lunatic Albanian migrant stabbing a young girl could be even more on topic.

That's icing on the cake, but our courts, police, and holding facilities are falling short anyway when a known timebomb, where ever she was from, was allowed to rove around the streets and kill at will (and UK law enforcement is shorting out even further when the other month a Romanian man chased down and killed a bike thief). 

In five years or fifty years we'll be a nation holding weekly or monthly vigilante executions.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's icing on the cake, but our courts, police, and holding facilities are falling short anyway when a known timebomb, where ever she was from, was allowed to rove around the streets and kill at will (and UK law enforcement is shorting out even further when the other month a Romanian man chased down and killed a bike thief). 

In five years or fifty years we'll be a nation holding weekly or monthly vigilante executions.

You dont need holding cells for a country within Euro;e with schedule flights from the UK.

You contact the embassy and put them on the first flight back.

How do you square an Albanian asylum seeker with, err, a website detailing cheap holidays in Albania?

https://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/1-98-2-0/holidays-in-albania

Even one from what was our national flag carrier FFS:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/destinations/europe/albania

Sending her back would separate her from the family she moved to England with. Now she'll be permanently institutionalised.

We also don't know the circumstances of when she was diagnosed and the mistakes of mental health providers (the "care in the community" and the public being at the mercy of severely mentally ill refusing to take their medication).

Sending her back would separate her from the family she moved to England with. Now she'll be permanently institutionalised.

We also don't know the circumstances of when she was diagnosed and the mistakes of mental health providers (the "care in the community" and the public being at the mercy of severely mentally ill refusing to take their medication).

The entire family should not be here FFS.

Albanians first sailed over to the UK around the last Yugoslavian conflict around twenty years ago as refugees, around the late 90s/early 00s, a more naive era now much different to today.

Trying to screen and control war refugees will always be a high, messy challenge (we have Turkish citizens and Syrian refugees badly mistreating each other, despite being of relatively interchangeable genetic/cultural stock).

Edited by Big Orange

So we come back to how out of touch the politicos were, remember Brown and his dismissal of the woman who asked why there where so many EE migrants- "Bigoted woman".

Democracy is what it is, the least worst form of govt. Hitler got elected because many sensible germans held their nose and voted for him rather than soviet style communism, turned out both were equally bad. Many British people were revolted by Farage and his brand of xenophobia and little englander. However the alternative to that kind of things is not open boarders and assimilation into some globalist's wet dream. The UK managed to avoid the idealogical nightmares of the 20th century. It may yet avoid those of the 21st.

I would contend that Hitler didn't win in a straight democratic race.

That is because we have no checks.  I know people from South America who have got it and go back every couple of years - but has anyone ever been prosecuted for claiming asylum falsely?  It is a zero risk game.

If you don't get it you might not be deported for years.

Did you report them?

Worthy of its own thread.

The 2011 census showed a large number of towns n cities moving rapidly to Brits being a minority, London/SE esp.

It's going to be political dynamite.

Well done Labour for rubbing the UKs faces in it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249797/Labour-threw-open-doors-mass-migration-secret-plot-make-multicultural-UK.html

Bound to be a vote winner....

That Andrew Neather secret plot stuff is right wing media wanking.

That Andrew Neather secret plot stuff is right wing media wanking.

No its not.

Ive been told the same quote from someone working within the Labour party.

He wasnt happy, knowing  how it ould end.

Very true, from Wikipedia

"To ensure a Nazi majority in the vote, Nazi organisations also "monitored" the vote process. In Prussia, 50,000 members of the SS, SA and Der Stahlhelm were ordered to monitor the votes as so-called deputy sheriffs or auxiliary police (Hilfspolizei) in another decree by acting Interior Minister Hermann Göring.[2]"

The only election the Nazi party won outright was after Hitler had been appointed Chancellor and had a willing participant as President. Indeed, it was not free and fair. Hitler himself had LOST the presidential election. 

Albanians first sailed over to the UK around the last Yugoslavian conflict around twenty years ago as refugees, around the late 90s/early 00s, a more naive era now much different to today.

Trying to screen and control war refugees will always be a high, messy challenge (we have Turkish citizens and Syrian refugees badly mistreating each other, despite being of relatively interchangeable genetic/cultural stock).

Syrians are largely Arab, Turks are not. Not that this excuses any behaviour as we are all humans. 

The Albanian schizophrenia who killed a little girl in Bolton claimed asylum in the UK. Even though she was refused, how is it possible that someone from an EU candidate country and somewhere Ursula von der Leyen recently said 'belongs' in the EU, could even be considered for asylum at all given the EU believes Albania is safe enough to allow freedom of movement in the future?

It's a tragedy for the victim and family, but I don't see how national origin is particularly relevant. The UK needs is better access to mental health services to prevent such things happening again. Care in the community isn't appropriate for all, for example, and is only cheap provided you ignore deaths. Thankfully such murders are rare. Psychopaths (Shipman, et al) are more of a risk in terms of total deaths, although Shipman tips the statistics. 

No its not.

Ive been told the same quote from someone working within the Labour party.

He wasnt happy, knowing  how it ould end.

I would suggest that a quote needs context and that the DM story you posted didn't have any and furthermore what they suggest is blatant twisted nonsense but I agree, a selective quote does exist.

Running the NHS payroll and pension takes a lot work and effort.

And will the workers get a pay rise to compensate for this? 

Maybe that needs scrapping?

Why? 

A billing system is not hard.

Ah, no experience of the US system, I see. 

It would pay for itself and much more.

In Germany the average GP spends one day per week on billing administration. 

Id people who turn up. Check if they are entitled to free treatment or have the correct cover.

And if they don't have ID, let them bleed to death? They may have had ID before being run over. Tattoo people with bar codes in multiple places? 

If not advise them of the payment options.

Because someone with concussion, or unconscious is in a position to agree? 

Try rocking up at a German hospital without insurance and see what happens. 

Done that. They treat you. 

It's a tragedy for the victim and family, but I don't see how national origin is particularly relevant.

My point was that the tragedy highlighted that Albanians are claiming asylum in the UK. 

Do you not think it's absurd that someone can claim asylum from a country that is an EU candidate? Albania can't both be too dangerous for her to return yet safe enough to consider granting freedom of movement to the whole country. 

Edited by sammersmith

That is because we have no checks.  I know people from South America who have got it and go back every couple of years - but has anyone ever been prosecuted for claiming asylum falsely?  It is a zero risk game.

If you don't get it you might not be deported for years.

How would you prosecute someone for making a claim they are legally entitled to make? You can be prosecuted for giving false information but that isn't what I think you're referring to.

This from the government website:

"To be eligible you must have left your country and be unable to go back because you fear persecution."

My point was that the tragedy highlighted that Albanians are claiming asylum in the UK. 

Do you not think it's absurd that someone can claim asylum from a country that is an EU candidate? It can't both be too dangerous for her to return yet safe enough to consider granting freedom of movement to the whole country. 

Claiming asylum comes under the 1951 Refugee Convention that we signed up to after the Nazi atrocities of WW2. 

Considering granting something isn't the same as granting it RE: Albania and the EU. Albania applied to the EU over a decade ago and it's still being negotiated as there have been objections from member states.

"Albania is given certain pre-conditions for starting the accession negotiations, such as passing reforms in the justice system, a new electoral law, opening trials for corrupt judges and the respect of human rights for its Greek minority."

Considering granting something isn't the same as granting it

I know (and l did say she was refused) however in 'considering' her asylum claim she's managed to remain in the UK since 2014. That's coming up for 7 years. My point is that the claim shouldn't even have been considered. She's from Europe and somewhere that is being very seriously considered for membership of the EU so Albania can't be that dodgy, right? 

Albania applied to the EU over a decade ago and it's still being negotiated as there have been objections from member states.

Again true, however Von der Leyen (and Junker before her) were pushing for this to happen recently, and Albania along with (North) Macedonia seem to be the next countries to join. IIRC the latter changed its name for entirely this reason to appease Greece so that they wouldn't veto membership. 

the respect of human rights for its Greek minority."

How did Romania get into the EU then given mainstream Romanian treatment of the Roma? This is off-topic but i'm genuinely curious.  

Edited by sammersmith

Do you not think it's absurd that someone can claim asylum from a country that is an EU candidate? Albania can't both be too dangerous for her to return yet safe enough to consider granting freedom of movement to the whole country. 

Or operating cheap holidays to the same country - see above.