House Price Crash Forum

Mass changes to UK immigration requirements

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TB was playing a different game, he wanted to be President of Europe that is why he acted like a such a good European, the UK establishment expected him to have a good chance, the Conservatives came on side and offering masses of free money to the EE countries and converting to Catholicism and inviting them all to the UK was a price worth paying in the short term.

The educated Europeans saw TB for what he was.  

Thats about it, though i am not sure about seeing through him, it was the gulf war that ruined his popularity on the continent. Macron is his successor, he obviously sees opportunities for himself in Brexit.

Edited by debtlessmanc

Thats about it, though i am not sure about seeing through him, it was the gulf war that ruined his popularity on the continent. Macron is his successor, he obviously sees opportunities for himself in Brexit.

I was speaking to a spook who guesstimate that the UK has spent in excess of £2T since WW2 in trying to put the empire back together again.

...and now the UK is broke 

I was speaking to a spook who guesstimate that the UK has spent in excess of £2T since WW2 in trying to put the empire back together again.

...and now the UK is broke 

Any idea how much france meddles in its former colonies? Controls their economies? I don’t understand his point of view, the uk retains reasonably good relations with its former colonies. It may spend money on overseas development and diplomacy trying to curry favour, but it has not invaded much recently. Perhaps he means our high defend spending? Probably was wise during the cold war era. sucking up to the americans? Variable, Blair loved it for some reason, Wilson told LBJ to get lost when he tried to involve us in Vietnam.

Edited by debtlessmanc

Any idea how much france meddles in its former colonies? Controls their economies? I don’t understand his point of view, the uk retains reasonably good relations with its former colonies. It may spend money on overseas development and diplomacy trying to curry favour, but it has not invaded much recently. Perhaps he means our high defend spending? Probably was wise during the cold war era. 

Meddles is a strange word, France does not interfere in all her ex-colonies only the ones she can in, Lets be honest the UK and France no longer have the capability to steal on an industrial scale they are actually borrowing money to play the white man, brexit was also a cry of pain for the white working class who see their council houses and goodies given to others for the reasons mentioned, ie playing the white man.

Meddles is a strange word, France does not interfere in all her ex-colonies only the ones she can in, Lets be honest the UK and France no longer have the capability to steal on an industrial scale they are actually borrowing money to play the white man, brexit was also a cry of pain for the white working class who see their council houses and goodies given to others for the reasons mentioned, ie playing the white man.

Denmark has never stolen anyones resources, it is wealthier than us and a nicer place to live. Likewise NZ which is not rich but an awfully nice place to live. The main correlation in the modern era between were you would choose to live and where you would not is corruption levels. These are cultural, you only need to go back a few hundred years to find a UK with corruption at every level (sir christopher wren gambled away a most of the money he was given to build st Pauls with). This is  1000 page essay but your view is racial-centric. I would like to find a more inclusive narrative personally.

Denmark has never stolen anyones resources, it is wealthier than us and a nicer place to live. Likewise NZ which is not rich but an awfully nice place to live. The main correlation in the modern era between were you would choose to live and where you would not is corruption levels. These are cultural, you only need to go back a few hundred years to find a UK with corruption at every level (sir christopher wren gambled away a most of the money he was given to build st Pauls with). This is  1000 page essay but your view is racial-centric. I would like to find a more inclusive narrative personally.

In your opinion

Why does the UK and France meddle in mostly ex-colonies?

How much do you Guesstimate the UK has spent on trying to get back her colonies?

In your opinion

How much do you Guesstimate the UK has spent on trying to get back her colonies?

In the last centuries The uk walked away from colonies that wanted it to stay eg Malta. It refused to absorb states such as Hawaii into the empire as it had no interest in running them. It fought a war in Malaysia to stop Chinese communists taking control making it clear it had no interest in staying in control of Malaysia other than not leaving the CPP in charge , this was and is popular in Malaysia, student from there tell me often, they have left english placenames. The last 100 or so years the uk has accepted decline and handing back control of imperialist possessions with relatively good relations afterwards. Read that generations writings, George Orwell (old etonian), john le Carre, graham greene etc. They all appreciated the ridulousness of empire and redefining the uks place in the world.

if you want to explain “white wealth” or something similar you have to explain the wealth of eg Denmark who have clearly never exploited a non white nation.

Edited by debtlessmanc

In the last centuries The uk walked away from colonies that wanted it to stay eg Malta. It refused to absorb states such as Hawaii into the empire as it had no interest in running them. It fought a war in Malaysia to stop Chinese communists taking control making it clear it had no interest in staying in control of Malaysia other than not leaving the CPP in charge , this was and is popular in Malaysia, student from there tell me often, they have left english placenames. The last 100 or so years the uk has accepted decline and handing back control of imperialist possessions with relatively good relations afterwards. Read that generations writings, George Orwell (old etonian), john le Carre, graham greene etc. They all appreciated the ridulousness of empire and redefining the uks place in the world.

if you want to explain “white wealth” or something similar you have to explain the wealth of eg Denmark who have clearly never exploited a non white nation.

You still did not give a straight answer, let me ask you again

In your opinion

You still did not give a straight answer, let me ask you again

In your opinion

The uk has spent nothing trying to regain its empire- zilch. The only argument could be the Suez debacle and that was mostly France’s idea. The empire ended up costing the uk more money than it made. Ironically the population rather like the idea of going back to being nobodies, that, to some people, is the attraction of Brexit. The one remaining boon is the english language, that earns the uk billions, but hey ho it is what it is.

thats why i do not understand the statement you report, i can only think he means it has spent 2tn trying to be bigger than it is. That i might agree with, eu skepticism  is born out of a desire for the uk to be a smaller cog in the EU than it is. I find the uks attraction to others intimidating, a bit like being stalked. 

Edited by debtlessmanc

The uk has spent nothing trying to regain its empire- zilch. The only argument could be the Suez debacle and that was mostly France’s idea. The empire ended up costing the uk more money than it made. The population rather like the idea of going back to being nobodies, that, to some people, is the attraction of Brexit. The one remaining boon is the english language, that earns the uk billions, but het ho it is what it is.

Lets take Somalians as an example, we have imported approx 250,000 Somalians to steal the resources of that country, we give them asylum we pay for them to learn English free housing, free mosques, free NHS, benefits we give them council houses that are meant for the working class so over the past 25 years we must have spent what do you think £100B 

What is in it for the UK to spend £100B in this area.

Lets take Somalians as an example, we have imported approx 250,000 Somalians to steal the resources of that country, we give them asylum we pay for them to learn English free housing, free mosques, free NHS, benefits we give them council houses that are meant for the working class so over the past 25 years we must have spent what do you think £100B 

What is in it for the UK to spend £100B in this area.

That is a different question! We exploit other countries corruption! After all what is the point of eg mugabe stealing all his countries cash if he and his cronies cannot spend the money at harrods? This is indeed theft from developing countries. The are elements in these countries seem to rejoice In it.  Actually the developed countries are getting better with eg unexplained wealth orders. Better still just refuse dictators visas.

immigration can be a form of theft. It afflcts the uk too with the uk training many eg doctors who then move to the us or oz.

Edited by debtlessmanc

That is a different question! We exploit other countries corruption! After all what is the point of eg mugabe stealing all his countries cash if he and his cronies cannot spend the money at harrods? This is indeed theft from developing countries. Theft elements there seem to rejoice In. Actually the developed countries are getting better with unexplained wealth orders. Better still just refuse dictators visas.

immigration can be a form of theft. It afflcts the uk too with the uk training many eg doctors who then move to the us or oz.

A very wishy washy answer you refuse to put a number, you are afraid of the number when the great unwashed realises how much has been spent for no returns the 5fit will hit the fan.

We will get no return from Somalia, the US and China will not allow it, they want it for themselves.

A very wishy washy answer you refuse to put a number, you are afraid of the number when the great unwashed realises how much has been spent for no returns the 5fit will hit the fan.

We will get no return from Somalia, the US and China will not allow it, they want it for themselves.

well if you view everything as transactional i suppose. All those countries have some pretty serious societal problems. Thier citizens view moving to the UK as a positive thing, even many many US citizens. look on Quora or youtube to find US citizens who talk at length about how much they love living in europe.

What other test is there?

Edited by debtlessmanc

well if you view everything as transactional i suppose. All those countries have some pretty serious societal problems. Thier citizens view moving to the UK as a positive thing, even many many US citizens. look on Quora or youtube to find US citizens who talk at length about how much they love living in europe.

What other test is there?

All things are transactional.

1*fjeEluO2Te0U4HzK-keIYw.jpeg

All things are transactional.

1*fjeEluO2Te0U4HzK-keIYw.jpeg

I think we differ there. Even at the most base level, transactional relationships are subject to deception/cons. I also would say that marxism is difficult to see as transactional, or religions unless you see the promise of the life eternal as having monetary value?

Edited by debtlessmanc

I agree that the current govt does not give a toss about these things. It just has its eyes on different issues. My son is in a mixed race relationship, a french girl of cambodian heritage. They have never had a problem here (they tell me) and she wants to move here this year when she finishes her degree in Paris. So perhaps this is relevant to her. She speakS english with an almost perfect mid atlantic accent and still views the uk as her natural home in europe. It is a great complement no?

There is nothing wrong with the fair exchange of people and moderate immigration.  Mass immigration done for the cynical reason of undermining wages and conditions is the issue.  Boris's 'Australian' points system will be gamed just like it is in Australia. If employers squeal   “shortage ” Just like in Australia they will be able to import workers.  In Aus there are thousands of unemployed IT workers but at the same time companies are importing thousands from India on one dodgy contract or another.  My wife took some time off sick then they wouldn't have her back on account of offshoring her part of the IT department, next thing there were Indian workers occupying the office who were on some sort of rotating contract, ostensibly working and being paid in India but resident and working in Melbourne.    Brexiteers are going to be sorely disappointed, they being used as nothing more than 'useful idiots' to 'get brexit done'  for the big boyz to exploit.