House Price Crash Forum
DiggerUK

Cabinet reshuffle, effect on economy

9 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

The more people use the term "remoaner" the more determined remainers are to overturn Brexit.

It's human nature, if you insult someone they will do the opposite to what you want.

And I am not being facetious.

:)

So feeling insulted is more important than upholding a democratic vote then? Nice.

Just now, Si1 said:

So feeling insulted is more important than upholding a democratic vote then? Nice.

Obviously, both are factors.

As to upholding a democratic vote, I'll not get involved in that again, save to say that I do not believe that democracy has been served on the Brexit issue.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Obviously, both are factors.

As to upholding a democratic vote, I'll not get involved in that again, save to say that I do not believe that democracy has been served on the Brexit issue.

Unfinished business Bruce.;)

4 hours ago, Si1 said:

Up to you dude but it didn't seem to do America's economy after the new deal, or Germany or Japan's post war economies too much harm. I appreciate you saying you can see through javid's paper thin motivation. He's not a one nation Tory. He's just a narrow self interest Tory.

Totally unlike his successor ......😂

5 minutes ago, winkie said:

Unfinished business Bruce.;)

Indeed.

I won't bother explaining the same thing over and over again in response to the same old questions, rather I shall get behind (and donate to) rejoin when that campaign gains some momentum. 

4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Indeed.

I won't bother explaining the same thing over and over again in response to the same old questions, rather I shall get behind (and donate to) rejoin when that campaign gains some momentum. 

Got to go through the exit door first before can have a chance to re-enter......democracy innit......;)

Sunak studied at the exclusive private school Winchester College before going on to Oxford University to read Philosophy, Politics and Economics, a tried and trusted route for aspiring Westminster politicians. Before entering politics he worked for investment bank Goldman Sachs...

Marvellous.

Philosophy, Politics and Economics.

Why content yourself with one useless degree when you can study three, part-time?

1 hour ago, GregBowman said:

Totally unlike his successor ......😂

The grounds I have for limited optimism are the new guy's birth date - 1980 - and the fact his constituency is on the north.

19 minutes ago, Si1 said:

The grounds I have for limited optimism are the new guy's birth date - 1980 - and the fact his constituency is on the north.

Good point and to be fair because he is beyond filthy lucre chasing could make unpopular decisions with the builders and bankers 

Here's my 2¢.

• I'm quietly optimistic. 
  • Javid was a standard run of the mill, unthinking neo-liberal who just thinks about keeping house prices high and doesn't really consider the future beyond 4 years.
  • Rishi Sunak is a non-entity and has clearly been put in as a puppet while Dominic Cumming really pulls the strings.
  • I've listened to a lot of Dominic Cummings speeches and read a fair bit of his blog. He does think beyond the 4 year election cycle and is cognizant of the potential debt, demographic, social problems which are bubbling away and could become huge.
  • Dominic Cummings is a sort of autistic genius and there is some hope that he has good intentions for the country - time will tell if this is right. 

8 hours ago, Monkey said:

I wonder if Sunak will make any changes to the Budget, and if so will the changes be publicised as a Sunak change?

Terrible but necessary😆

top pun

Question:  If Javid resigned because he wouldn't sack his special advisers...

Who, exactly, were the special advisers he would not sack?

Do we know their names?

29 minutes ago, APerson said:

Here's my 2¢.

• I'm quietly optimistic. 
  • Javid was a standard run of the mill, unthinking neo-liberal who just thinks about keeping house prices high and doesn't really consider the future beyond 4 years.
  • Rishi Sunak is a non-entity and has clearly been put in as a puppet while Dominic Cumming really pulls the strings.
  • I've listened to a lot of Dominic Cummings speeches and read a fair bit of his blog. He does think beyond the 4 year election cycle and is cognizant of the potential debt, demographic, social problems which are bubbling away and could become huge.
  • Dominic Cummings is a sort of autistic genius and there is some hope that he has good intentions for the country - time will tell if this is right. 

Nice post

7 minutes ago, A.steve said:

Do we know their names?

I think there's a significant rump of neo liberal anti brexit professionals who would see nothing wrong with screwing up the post brexit government in the slightest, and try to keep us tied as closely as possible with the EU thru hell and high water. I suspect that there is only one way to deal with this and get rid. I can also see more why Theresa May had such a difficult job to do.

1 minute ago, Si1 said:

I think there's a significant rump of neo liberal anti brexit professionals who would see nothing wrong with screwing up the post brexit government in the slightest, and try to keep us tied as closely as possible with the EU thru hell and high water. I suspect that there is only one way to deal with this and get rid. I can also see more why Theresa May had such a difficult job to do.

Thanks for the opinion.  Can you answer the specific question - i.e. provide the names of the advisors who were "required gone"?

Edited by A.steve

6 minutes ago, A.steve said:

Thanks for the opinion.  Can you answer the specific question - i.e. provide the names of the advisors who were "required gone"?

Sorry dude I have absolutely no idea ;)

4 hours ago, Si1 said:

I get that from every remoaner these days. I think I'm just unduly nervous they're still going to try to overturn brexit. Fair enough, it's your freedom i'sppose :)

not. remoaner

couldn't care less, I have dual nationality 

just find it amusing !

1 hour ago, hurlerontheditch said:

not. remoaner

couldn't care less, I have dual nationality 

just find it amusing !

I was remiss, I'm sorry :)

3 hours ago, A.steve said:

Do we know their names?

From the Daily Fail:

The Chancellor's six-strong team includes Mats Persson, a former head of the Open Europe think-tank and adviser to David Cameron - the ex-PM who once described Mr Cummings as 'career psychopath'.  Other aides include Samuel Coates, who previously worked at ConservativeHome, media adviser Tim Sculthorpe, Adam Memon and Jennifer Powell. Sajid Javid pictured at the party conference in Manchester last September with his senior advisors including Tim Sculthorpe

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8001847/Insulting-No-10-nickname-Sajid-Javid-helped-trigger-big-bust-JASON-GROVES-reveals.html

Bit about Mats Persson

https://www.cityam.com/sajid-javid-appoints-ey-brexit-guru-mats-persson-as-chief-of-staff/

https://twitter.com/timsculthorpe?lang=en

Edited by ubuntu

The revolving door of housing ministers continued yesterday with the sacking of Esther McVey after just seven months in the role and the appointment of her successor, Christopher Pincher... McVey, a former TV presenter, was appointed last July and will be little remembered from her short stint –  setting up an expert council to support technological innovation in the property sector, extending Help to Buy mortgages from 25 to 35 years and providing funding for the development of carbon-free homes in Yorkshire.

https://propertyindustryeye.com/new-housing-minister-is-announced-as-his-predecessor-is-shown-the-revolving-door/#comments

17 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

The revolving door of housing ministers continued yesterday with the sacking of Esther McVey after just seven months in the role and the appointment of her successor, Christopher Pincher... McVey, a former TV presenter, was appointed last July and will be little remembered from her short stint –  setting up an expert council to support technological innovation in the property sector, extending Help to Buy mortgages from 25 to 35 years and providing funding for the development of carbon-free homes in Yorkshire.

https://propertyindustryeye.com/new-housing-minister-is-announced-as-his-predecessor-is-shown-the-revolving-door/#comments

35 year terms under HtB?! When did that happen?