House Price Crash Forum
DiggerUK

Cabinet reshuffle, effect on economy

The cabinet reshuffle is a measure of what kind of a budget we are in for next month, Labours Money Tree is going to be scrumped  big time.. The resignation of Savid Javid because he wouldn't sack advisors that Johnson/Cummings demanded he dump is the big story here.

Javid is well known for his Libertarian/Austrian School bias and would not have been enamoured by the end of austerity. He would not have been best pleased when Johnson/Cummings demanded he should sugar rush the economy.

I am as sure as I need to be that austerity is over and a boom is being stoked.  Rishi Sunak only entered Parliament with May in charge, he can't be anything other than a Johnson/Cummings yes man..._

14 minutes ago, DiggerUK said:

The cabinet reshuffle is a measure of what kind of a budget we are in for next month, Labours Money Tree is going to be scrumped  big time.. The resignation of Savid Javid because he wouldn't sack advisors that Johnson/Cummings demanded he dump is the big story here.

Javid is well known for his Libertarian/Austrian School bias and would not have been enamoured by the end of austerity. He would not have been best pleased when Johnson/Cummings demanded he should sugar rush the economy.

I am as sure as I need to be that austerity is over and a boom is being stoked.  Rishi Sunak only entered Parliament with May in charge, he can't be anything other than a Johnson/Cummings yes man..._

Javid has a middle England constituency and doesn't want house prices to fall. He doesn't give a toss about govt infrastructure spending to stoke the North. He doesn't care about sacrificing generations of northerners on the alter of low borrowing costs.

Just now, Si1 said:

Javid has a middle England constituency and doesn't want house prices to fall. He doesn't give a toss about govt infrastructure spending to stoke the North. He doesn't care about sacrificing generations of northerners on the alter of low borrowing costs.

Agree with you on the house price front but the problem with spending on infrastructure is that it really is the equivalent to dumping a big pile of sh1t to attract the flies, the only difference being that the flies at least have a bit of a use.

3 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Agree with you on the house price front but the problem with spending on infrastructure is that it really is the equivalent to dumping a big pile of sh1t to attract the flies, the only difference being that the flies at least have a bit of a use.

Up to you dude but it didn't seem to do America's economy after the new deal, or Germany or Japan's post war economies too much harm. I appreciate you saying you can see through javid's paper thin motivation. He's not a one nation Tory. He's just a narrow self interest Tory.

Sunak studied at the exclusive private school Winchester College before going on to Oxford University to read Philosophy, Politics and Economics, a tried and trusted route for aspiring Westminster politicians. Before entering politics he worked for investment bank Goldman Sachs...

Marvellous.

1 minute ago, rantnrave said:

Sunak studied at the exclusive private school Winchester College before going on to Oxford University to read Philosophy, Politics and Economics, a tried and trusted route for aspiring Westminster politicians. Before entering politics he worked for investment bank Goldman Sachs...

Marvellous.

yay more debt 

7 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Up to you dude but it didn't seem to do America's economy after the new deal, or Germany or Japan's post war economies too much harm. I appreciate you saying you can see through javid's paper thin motivation. He's not a one nation Tory. He's just a narrow self interest Tory.

That's why the sh1t gets dumped, there's some use in the flies. A lot of the time it's also really just a race to produce the biggest stink to get the flies to move to you.

7 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Marvellous.

And...

Sunak married Akshata Murthy, the daughter of Indian billionaire and co-founder of InfosysN. R. Narayana Murthy, in August 2009.

6 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Marvellous.

Social mobility...?  When in living memory has it been so restricted...?

8 minutes ago, Wayward said:

image.thumb.png.7a21a36c60e760fc8d89a63386559ab4.png

Only a stepping stone position.....housing is ticking up nicely, not a job of great importance, few are affected by it so it seems.😉

47 minutes ago, longgone said:

maybe sajid did not want to be holding the baby when it died from cot death. 

I think, he was looking for the right opportunity to go and leave for someone else the deportation of Jamaicans or another Windrush scandal.

32 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Javid has a middle England constituency and doesn't want house prices to fall.

No evidence for this at all - not everyone is involved in a conspiracy to increase property prices 

16 minutes ago, Wayward said:

Victorian era - Edwardian era Georgian era the 1950's great depression

12 minutes ago, rollover said:

I think, he was looking for the right opportunity to go and leave for someone else the deportation of Jamaicans or another Windrush scandal.

i`m sure he has enough money now. 

31 minutes ago, Wayward said:

Indeed.

He's in a wealth league well North of Cameron, Osborne, Blair, Brown. He's so far above the fray he might not care about house prices in the South and London

1 hour ago, hurlerontheditch said:

cummnings in charge. Glad we voted out so we are not run by unelected bureaucrats 

Are you saying Cummings would have been in the same position had Labour won?

Edited by Si1

2 hours ago, DiggerUK said:

Rishi Sunak only entered Parliament with May in charge, he can't be anything other than a Johnson/Cummings yes man..._

When the terms are for you to not appoint the advisers you want, pretty obvious he is just a puppet 

3 minutes ago, hurlerontheditch said:

i am being facetious    

I get that from every remoaner these days. I think I'm just unduly nervous they're still going to try to overturn brexit. Fair enough, it's your freedom i'sppose :)

33 minutes ago, Si1 said:

I get that from every remoaner these days. I think I'm just unduly nervous they're still going to try to overturn brexit. Fair enough, it's your freedom i'sppose :)

The more people use the term "remoaner" the more determined remainers are to overturn Brexit.

It's human nature, if you insult someone they will do the opposite to what you want.

And I am not being facetious.

:)