House Price Crash Forum

Uk Rates 'set To Stay On Hold'

HOLA441

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/02/05/story243251.html

The Bank of England is widely expected to keep the cost of borrowing on hold this month with economist predicting it will put off cutting rates until later this year.
The Monetary Policy Committee has held interest rates at 4.5% since cutting them in August last year, and inutes from their two most recent meetings have shown just one member voting for a reduction.

If the VIs keep ramping house prices the BoE will be even less likely to cut. Its a bit of a dilema for them is it not?

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Listening to the US Defence Secretary on the US News last night liken the Venzuellan President to Hitler, to have the German Chancellor liken the Iranians to Nazis and to have watched several items on the US TV News of late about the Iranian threat then... 'temporary' would be an interesting choice of words when the West figures out that it does not have the manpower nor the munitions to do anything about Iran developing a bomb short of dropping one of our own on the Iranian nuclear facilities.

This is a crisis. It is a big crisis!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Listening to the US Defence Secretary on the US News last night liken the Venzuellan President to Hitler, to have the German Chancellor liken the Iranians to Nazis and to have watched several items on the US TV News of late about the Iranian threat then... 'temporary' would be an interesting choice of words when the West figures out that it does not have the manpower nor the munitions to do anything about Iran developing a bomb short of dropping one of our own on the Iranian nuclear facilities.

This is a crisis. It is a big crisis!

it doesn't have the manpower...it does have the munitions!!!!figure it out!!!!!

..temporary in this instance does seem correct!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

It may be the 21st Century version of the standoff at Constantinople. Who controls Europe?

I actually do think this is a threat. Paticularly given the appeasing action of governments around those pics in the last couple of days, and the constant almost apologetic stance around democracy and free speech, particularly in the face of the violence that has been directed towards free speech. The pics were almost certainly purile, and if I had seen them I too would probably have turned up my nose, but I don't know because I have never seen them - the principle is wrong to my rights.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire (1694–1778)

HOLA4413

They do however have cruise missiles with tactical nuclear warheads.

And they are also close to having ICBM's with precision hard target attack capability; dont ever assume they are short of munitions!!! because they have them sprouting from the ears!!! The problem is, the weapons they have are little use in Iraq or DirkaDirkastan, they have PLENTY to deal with Iran.