House Price Crash Forum

housing crisis & political anger

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Like that article, first paragraph of the first reply sums it up, I wonder if you will ever get a politician to say 'houses are too expensive' instead of waffling about affordability and helping to afford etc

That said I genuinely don't think there is any stored up anger about house prices. Young people spit blood over the environment, or niche gender rights, or child immigrants, or animal welfare but they really seem to have lost sight of the erosion of their own employment rights, pension changes and house prices. 

HOLA446
25 minutes ago, regprentice said:

That said I genuinely don't think there is any stored up anger about house prices. Young people spit blood over the environment, or niche gender rights, or child immigrants, or animal welfare but they really seem to have lost sight of the erosion of their own employment rights, pension changes and house prices. 

I'm in my late 20s and think it's the establishment that channels where the anger is directed.

Right-leaning lobby groups and the liberal left metropolitan elite both stand to gain from house prices.

HOLA447

The new paradigm is for a few to own and the rest to rent from the owners....owners could be shareholders, private equity, pension companies, corporates, elites, gentry and landowners......rent means ever flowing sums of up-to-date valued money and income when old money is fast losing value....rents mean new money earned through work done today....rents mean old money earned yesterday when it was worth more being ever diminished/eroded....rents mean nobody ever owns they pay rents for benefits today, infinitum.....;) 

HOLA448
HOLA449
3 hours ago, Sausage said:

I'm guessing you didn't open the link then. Do you read anything other than the guardian?

did actually. this thread got more posts than the article.

No one actually gives a phuck anymore if they did why vote tory in again some people win in life and others don't simple as that loses get trampled on till they shut up and give up.

What would of been a success 20 years ago is now mearly existing in economic terms, living standards  for non home owners and average wage earners have been shafted there is no appetite to fix it look at the election Big business will buy up all the homes as the boomers peg it so forget that too.

If the remainers are right and this place goes to some dystopian chithole good riddens the pricks deserve it. Time to phuck off somewhere else then.

HOLA4410
On 24/01/2020 at 14:49, longgone said:

true but who reads spiked ??

The value of reading something does not correlate with the size of its audience.

It amuses me enormously the the Guardian calls Spiked "far right" when its was founded by a bunch of former Revolutionary Communist Party members including the former editor of Living Marxism.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
1 minute ago, gp_ said:

@longgone You mean the comments in the article itself? Not a fair sample, they are mostly made by the part of the audience that has time to waste and that gets worked up by the subject of the article.

Yes those.

It hits the nail on the head regarding content but sadly I think its 15 years too late. Younger simpletons are happy with being rammed into trains to go to their mediocre Jobs with important title's to fund their landlord and book cheap flights to mask having a empty bank account and post their version of success on social media.

HOLA4414
18 hours ago, winkie said:

The new paradigm is for a few to own and the rest to rent from the owners....owners could be shareholders, private equity, pension companies, corporates, elites, gentry and landowners......rent means ever flowing sums of up-to-date valued money and income when old money is fast losing value....rents mean new money earned through work done today....rents mean old money earned yesterday when it was worth more being ever diminished/eroded....rents mean nobody ever owns they pay rents for benefits today, infinitum.....;) 

Not forgetting that collectively, expensively, absurdly, we rent our very medium of exchange from a cartel of commercial banks.

Under this 'rent-a-currency' system we don't own money (physical cash excepted.)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Spiked online did indeed used to be a small, cult like group called the revolutionary communist party in the 70s and early 80s, with a reputation, even amongst the hard left for being nasty and radical. Then their leader, frank furedi, saw that thatcher had won, and they made a 180 degree turn. They are essentially libertarians now. 

From a personal success point of view, becoming libertarians was the right choice. They received money from tobacco companies who found their anti legislation agenda useful and successful careers in the media for claire fox, brendan o neil, furedi amongst others. 

HOLA4419
On 26/01/2020 at 08:51, The Spaniard said:

Not forgetting that collectively, expensively, absurdly, we rent our very medium of exchange from a cartel of commercial banks.

Under this 'rent-a-currency' system we don't own money (physical cash excepted.)

Yes, you are right.....none of us own anything even if we think we do, we only borrow it for a period of time.;)

HOLA4420
26 minutes ago, winkie said:

Yes, you are right.....none of us own anything even if we think we do, we only borrow it for a period of time.;)

I can see the sense in this line of thinking for durable things but most things we 'own' are consumed and therefore destroyed or held until obsolete and as such have been owned and not borrowed.

HOLA4421
On 26/01/2020 at 10:39, NuBrit said:

Political anger? What political anger? We just gave the biggest house price inflators a fat majority to keep the whole show on the road. 

There was no option on the ballet paper for those wanting a reversal of pro HPI policies.  Labour were responsible for the most horrific HPI under Tony Blair.  Corbyn was pro mass immigration.  Nobody offered any hope.

HOLA4422
19 minutes ago, Wayward said:

I can see the sense in this line of thinking for durable things but most things we 'own' are consumed and therefore destroyed or held until obsolete and as such have been owned and not borrowed.

Even the home you live in is only borrowed for the time you live in it, then someone else borrows it to live in it.....Some will pay more rent than others, but we all have to pay something, for example; council taxes, service charges and utilities.....;)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425