House Price Crash Forum
LetsBuild

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

38 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Update to UK fatalities being released very late.

Hoping the bad news goes away?

12 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Invalid application of stats.

In 1990 the expected lifespan for an 80yr old in Italy was something over 7yrs. Quite an important difference if you are an 80yr old Italian.

https://www.demogr.mpg.de/Papers/Books/Monograph3/figure7.htm

We are in the realm of genetic and societal differences here. This stat for e.g. glasgow would essentially focus on the 1% of people there who live healthy lives. italians mostly do, though they do smoke and breath pollution, they do not eat deep fried mars bars for the most part

4 hours ago, Orb said:

After 3 weeks of mild symptoms, and a LOT of persistence, I finally managed to get tested and it came back negative. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing though. 

90243230_846122092568911_3245537151558877184_n.jpg

Thats really funny - how did you do that photoshop or did you print a word document out in red on color printer?

Edited by debtlessmanc

3 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Thats really funny - how did you do that photoshop or did you print a word document out in red on color printer?

I had a blood test, and was given this result sheet by the doctor. 

And Scottish people have a more relaxed attitude to booze and drugs (largely why they have heart disease and cancer up the wahzoo).

19 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Hoping the bad news goes away?

According to the recent newsflash 28 people have been deaded....

2 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

One key point about Choloroquine - it cannot be used by anyone over 65yo

Also can give you tinnitus and hearing loss. I wouldn't play with it.

14 minutes ago, Orb said:

Looks like you've had quite a cocktail there!

26 minutes ago, Orb said:

Did they have to do the drugs tests? you should be banned from driving on the basis of that? My Brother is in law has diabetes and uses all that stuff, he has had two serious hypo's in the last year, by law he should not be allowed to drive, incredibly being admitted to hospital in a hypo state does not need to be reported to your GP so no ban.... I admit i like the guy, best evening companies i ever had and is making millions from his business, but he is going to kill someone sooner or later.

Edited by debtlessmanc

29 minutes ago, Big Orange said:

And Scottish people have a more relaxed attitude to booze and drugs (largely why they have heart disease and cancer up the wahzoo).

According to the recent newsflash 28 people have been deaded....

I guess they are fiddling the numbers now

17 minutes ago, kzb said:

Also can give you tinnitus and hearing loss. I wouldn't play with it.

Take it for malaria, virtually buy it over the counter. Entire countries took it weekly to prevent malaria.

Take it to save your life.... dodgy.

10 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Did they have to do the drugs tests? you should be banned from driving on the basis of that? 

I dunno, they just did it anyway, you know what these do-gooder doctor types are like, thinking they're doing society a favour and all that. I've never had a driving licence anyway, so they can't really ban me either. 

1 minute ago, Orb said:

I dunno, they just did it anyway, you know what these do-gooder doctor types are like, thinking they're doing society a favour and all that. I've never had a driving licence anyway, so they can't really ban me either. 

okay- weird but i buy it.

6 minutes ago, Crashley Banjo said:

I have noticed lots of people seem to pass away towards the end of the year.

is it down to cold weather/ flu lack of excerise etc ? 

Yes. Natural sunlight causes ones skin to produce vitamin D. Also virus cannot survive as well in higher temperatures.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3897598/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080330203401.htm

In very hot weather use a legionnaire style head wear with cloth over rear neck and shoulders (those parts are more prone to sun burn first) similar to a Sultan hat sort of thing.

Lack of exercise is all year round. I tend to think if Winter causes a lack of exercise, as much as one can understand why that might be (limited ways of exercising) I find this more in the category of excusing oneself too easily.

1 hour ago, debtlessmanc said:

both my parents died 2nd week in January, it has always been the peak week to die in northern europe

I am sorry to hear that. Yes it is a bad time of year. It is good that from those stats, the winter death peaks are going down year on year.

10 minutes ago, Big Orange said:

Why would they fiddle the numbers? People will blow the whistle.

Not if the new Covid law prevents it. Fiddling would prevent panic, allow the lockdown to be lifted and protect the Prime Minister.

Is the Dyson Ventilator like the Dyson EV - a marketing ploy to shift vacuums, air blades and "air multipliers" ?

Nadhim Zahawi hanging himself on Newsnight now with BS talk of Dyson ventilators. I hope these feckers get crucified post events.

56 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Not if the new Covid law prevents it. Fiddling would prevent panic, allow the lockdown to be lifted and protect the Prime Minister.

If the numbers start dropping straight away they are fiddling. People were still in the pubs on Friday. Don't see how it's possible to hide the number of cases if conference centres are filling up with critical patients though.