House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441
4 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Macron masked sitting alone in a room on a Zoom call. Presumably masks also protect against computer viruses as well?

macron.jpg

But curiously Covid always seems to disappear when rubbing shoulders with your fellow masters of the Universe

macron2.jpg

Sometimes Farage is spot on...

Farage brands Macron a 'ghastly little man' after 'p*** of' comments | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

• Replies 58.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
5 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Macron masked sitting alone in a room on a Zoom call. Presumably masks also protect against computer viruses as well?

macron.jpg

Did he task the mask off when the cameras were off? Covid is less infectious when cameras aren't around.

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA443

Halleh-f*cking-lujah!! About time too. The first serious step towards weaning the public off their self imposed Covid hypochondria.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/end-of-free-lateral-flow-tests-as-country-told-to-live-with-covid-3bpz8lnqf?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1641665562

Edited by anonguest

HOLA444
Just now, MARTINX9 said:

Did he task the mask off when the cameras were off? Covid is less infectious when cameras aren't around.

No idea.

But as for unashamedly recently saying he was aiming to 'p*ss off' certain people.....what's that old saying/wisdom about dogs often taking on the same personality traits as their owner?

Edited by anonguest

HOLA445

UK: Covid Vax "Safe" for Pregnancy? No new data since AUGUST

The silence and lack of new information is deafening

https://igorchudov.substack.com/p/uk-covid-vax-safe-for-pregnancy-no

UKHSA keeps publishing, every week, sham graphs from AUGUST of 2021 proving that “Covid vax is safe in pregnancy”. How can ANYTHING from August prove that conclusively? Pregnancy lasts 9 months and Covid vax started being administered to pregnant women only in the spring of 2021. Do the math.

5039cd1d-ede1-480b-a929-5cabf7f035ab_635

Seems a pretty good point. We're in January 2022 now. Why are UKHSA still showing safety data that stops in August 2021, nearly five months ago?

HOLA446
44 minutes ago, FallingAwake said:

UK: Covid Vax "Safe" for Pregnancy? No new data since AUGUST

The silence and lack of new information is deafening

https://igorchudov.substack.com/p/uk-covid-vax-safe-for-pregnancy-no

UKHSA keeps publishing, every week, sham graphs from AUGUST of 2021 proving that “Covid vax is safe in pregnancy”. How can ANYTHING from August prove that conclusively? Pregnancy lasts 9 months and Covid vax started being administered to pregnant women only in the spring of 2021. Do the math.

5039cd1d-ede1-480b-a929-5cabf7f035ab_635

Seems a pretty good point. We're in January 2022 now. Why are UKHSA still showing safety data that stops in August 2021, nearly five months ago?

There is also a flaw in that guy's 'logic' and assertion of something being hidden.  Pregnant women may well have only become available for vaccination in Spring 2021 - BUT women in early pregnancy were (I believe) NOT eligible. PLUS, by all accounts, the percentage of take up of vaccination by pregnant women has not, till recently at least, been as high as for the rest of the population?

Even IF that very last point is not correct there will likely by now be a fair number of pregnanices that will have been completed.  IF there were some pick up in serious medical 'events' occurring in pregnant women I do not subscribe to any sort of conspiracy theory that asserts/implies that TPTB would hush it up.  It would be simply impossible to do.

We'll know soon enough IF there is anything disconcerting happening vis a vis pregnancies, still births, etc.  I believe that stillbrth data gets published annually?  Next release will, based on past records, be sometime late Q1/early Q2 I think.

Another one to watch will be the ONS's weekly all-cause death data for the <1-year old age group - to see IF there is any rise in infant mortality.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
On 21/01/2022 at 16:34, Bruce Banner said:

Still looks ridiculous, if anything even worse when we now know they should have been more usefully employed storming into Downing Street instead

The event location was far from any busy public space - the middle of a large common. All that had to be managed were the demonstrators themselves. Arguably, in practical terms, the police strategy endangered more lives.

They really went out of their way to bully them with 'law', in a situation where the original horrific crime was committed by a policeman.

HOLA4410
On 10/01/2022 at 12:37, anonguest said:

Halleh-f*cking-lujah!! About time too. The first serious step towards weaning the public off their self imposed Covid hypochondria.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/end-of-free-lateral-flow-tests-as-country-told-to-live-with-covid-3bpz8lnqf?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1641665562

Yes, needs to be done.

And as you say, it is hypochondria.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
9 hours ago, Will! said:

Admission and Dexamethasone or  discharge planning with monoclonal antibodies or Molnupiravir mostly.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

You were just doing your job  https://www.nature.com/articles/s41594-021-00657-8

Watch out with the monoclonal antibodies though. Bob8 *might* think you are a bonkers element of the right ⬇️

You accept antobodies are real?
They are effective, just very expensive/lucrative.

HOLA4418
14 hours ago, Bob8 said:

You accept antobodies are real?

July 2021: Nobel Prize winner Ilya Mechnikov discovered phagocytosis / white blood cells. Most bacteriologists at the time believed that white blood cells spread pathogens further throughout the body. (bottom of post).

You can fantasise I didn't know about them prior to that if you like, but if what you really mean is to be indirect with "Antibodies are real therefore you're silly & viruses must have been isolated, you must think antibodies aren't real too hur hur!" you could be a bit less shy about it and continue from where we left off..............or continue to maintain your silence.

14 hours ago, Bob8 said:

They are effective, just very expensive/lucrative.

You repeat this lie often

You don't even need to read that link to see your inconsistency.

So you think there is an effective treatment, which would be for a relative tiny minority of a population compared to trying to mass inject everyone with experimental genetic engineering which is under Emergency Use Authorization on the basis there are no effective treatments, and that isn't even factoring in cost analysis of closing down large sectors of economies.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4419
11 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

July 2021: Nobel Prize winner Ilya Mechnikov discovered phagocytosis / white blood cells. Most bacteriologists at the time believed that white blood cells spread pathogens further throughout the body. (bottom of post).

You can fantasise I didn't know about them prior to that if you like, but if what you really mean is to be indirect with "Antibodies are real therefore you're silly & viruses must have been isolated, you must think antibodies aren't real too hur hur!" you could be a bit less shy about it and continue from where we left off..............or continue to maintain your silence.

You repeat this lie often

You don't even need to read that link to see your inconsistency.

So you think there is an effective treatment, which would be for a relative tiny minority of a population compared to trying to mass inject everyone with experimental genetic engineering which is under Emergency Use Authorization on the basis there are no effective treatments, and that isn't even factoring in cost analysis of closing down large sectors of economies.

Ilya Mechnikov did that. He actually did work. Not just shout he was right on something he had not worked on.

Viruses have been isolated. Saying they have not is very silly. Particularly when you as asserting this to someone who has worked with virus culturing and purification.

And, there is a large capacity shortage for Mab production (google Fujifilm expansion or biogen expansion). Massive facilities are being built for Mab production, but treatment will never compare in price to the AZ vaccine. There is also the economic cost of people being unwell, even if therapy means they recover.

I have the problem that you want a reference, but this is really very, very basic.

HOLA4420
14 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Ilya Mechnikov did that. He actually did work. Not just shout he was right on something he had not worked on.

.....and it's pretty obvious by now you haven't worked in, or have any qualifications in medicine or virology.

Is "shouting" about something you turn out to be right on but didn't work on even better?

What's your point?

14 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Viruses have been isolated. Saying they have not is very silly.

This is your argument? saying they've been isolated and if you say otherwise it's silly.

..........right

14 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Particularly when you as asserting this to someone who has worked with virus culturing and purification.

Yet you link to wiki that you haven't even read yourself, for me to tell you it contains false information.

14 hours ago, Bob8 said:

I have the problem that you want a reference,

Well that's a shame for you. Not just "a reference", it's something you could do in general to anything relevant.

Shall we actually continue from where we left off ?  or shall I just keep biding time as you repeat your pièce de résistance of: "Viruses have been isolated. Saying they have not is very silly." surrounded by persuasion attempt language.

HOLA4421
9 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

.....and it's pretty obvious by now you haven't worked in, or have any qualifications in medicine or virology.

Is "shouting" about something you turn out to be right on but didn't work on even better?

What's your point?

This is your argument? saying they've been isolated and if you say otherwise it's silly.

..........right

Yet you link to wiki that you haven't even read yourself, for me to tell you it contains false information.

Well that's a shame for you. Not just "a reference", it's something you could do in general to anything relevant.

Shall we actually continue from where we left off ?  or shall I just keep biding time as you repeat your pièce de résistance of: "Viruses have been isolated. Saying they have not is very silly." surrounded by persuasion attempt language.

I have shared my LinkedIn profile with some users on here, whom I do not think are unhinged.

I imagine you have not.

It is not to your shame that you have no expertise in this area. I have asked you your own field previously, just to relfect on that it will be one where I almost certainly have no expertise.

HOLA4422
On 1/10/2022 at 12:15 PM, anonguest said:

Macron masked sitting alone in a room on a Zoom call. Presumably masks now also protect against computer viruses as well?

macron.jpg

But, curiously, the threat of Covid always seems to disappear when it's time to rub shoulders again with your fellow Masters of the Universe

macron2.jpg

Seriously. When are people going to wake up and smell the bullsh*t ?

Jesus wept. It's a small enclosed room and you've no idea how many people were or are in the room (people are obviously behind the camera filming.) But yeah gotta politicalise your narrative. Utterly pathetic. 

HOLA4423
7 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Jesus wept. It's a small enclosed room and you've no idea how many people were or are in the room (people are obviously behind the camera filming.) But yeah gotta politicalise your narrative. Utterly pathetic. 

What is truly pathetic is someone completely devoid of sense of humour!

HOLA4424
On 24/01/2022 at 09:12, Bob8 said:

Viruses have been isolated. Saying they have not is very silly. Particularly when you as asserting this to someone who has worked with virus culturing and purification.

And, there is a large capacity shortage for Mab production (google Fujifilm expansion or biogen expansion). Massive facilities are being built for Mab production, but treatment will never compare in price to the AZ vaccine. There is also the economic cost of people being unwell, even if therapy means they recover.

I have the problem that you want a reference, but this is really very, very basic.

I have no doubt that they have and are proven, etc.

That said however....

It was a thought provoking question posed by someone else here recently as to why, particularly at present with a widespread/prevalent virus (Omicron variant) infecting almost everyone, there do not appear to be any readily available electron microcope pictures of samples of virus particles on inanimate surfaces.  Any virus.

I have done various web searches and found none so far.  It's something you would expect someone, somewhere, at some point to have done - technically challenging as it may be.  It's certainly a bit of an 'intrigue'. Anyone who can find one I'd like to see it.

That aside, and just to wind you up and give Arpeggio something to run with.....

https://jasn.asnjournals.org/content/31/9/2223

Makes you wonder now if ANY of the many electron microscope pictures posted, or linked to, here thus far by others over past many months are even legitimate.  😉

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4425
48 minutes ago, anonguest said:

I have no doubt that they have and are proven, etc.

That said however....

It was a thought provoking question posed by someone else here recently as to why, particularly at present with a widespread/prevalent virus (Omicron variant) infecting almost everyone, there do not appear to be any readily available electron microcope pictures of samples of virus particles on inanimate surfaces.  Any virus.

I have done various web searches and found none so far.  It's something you would expect someone, somewhere, at some point to have done - technically challenging as it may be.  It's certainly a bit of an 'intrigue'. Anyone who can find one I'd like to see it.

That aside, and just to wind you up and give Arpeggio something to run with.....

https://jasn.asnjournals.org/content/31/9/2223

Makes you wonder now if ANY of the many electron microscope pictures posted, or linked to, here thus far by others over past many months are even legitimate.  😉

We actually went through this.

@Sausages, they are doing the pretend it did not happen thing again.

There are two types of electron microscopy, larger objects like unicellular organisms can be visualised using scanning electron microscopy. I have done this myself, you prepare a sample on a stub, dehydrated and coated etc. That gives you the impression of a flat surface.

Alternatively, you have transmission electron microscopy. This is more suitable for tiny objects. Bear in mind, these things are so small that when you see a model of them, the models show down to the atomic level. The images you see are transmission EM and look as they do.

You would not expect to see a virion of scanning EM anymore than you would expect to see a yeast cell photoed by an iPhone. SImply, it is a matter of scale.