Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, anonguest said:

OK.  The report/article may have been in The Sun which many may regard as a 'rag' BUT it is still arguably a mainstream media publication and hardly desrves the label of being an alternate news or fake news outlet?  ...various authority figures/policy makers in Germany are seriously contemplating (already actively planning?!) places of forcible detention for people who break covid control regulations. This policy, as described/envisaged, is TRULY HORRIFYING.

Agree, this is horrifying and incredibly scary as to where it is heading?

It is also covered in the Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9159525/As-bodies-pile-Germanys-eastern-COVID-hot-spots-struggle-answers.html

"Meanwhile the eastern state of Saxony has confirmed plans to hold quarantine-flouters in a fenced-off section of a refugee camp set to be build next week.

Baden-Württemberg in south-west Germany will use two hospital rooms to detain repeat offenders, who will be guarded by police.

In Brandenburg, authorities will detain a section of a refugees centre, while Schleswig-Holstein will use an area within a juvenile detention centre."

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Peter Hun

    2505

  • Grayphil

    1925

  • Confusion of VIs

    1905

  • Arpeggio

    1629

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, moonriver said:

Agree, this is horrifying and incredibly scary as to where it is heading?

It is also covered in the Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9159525/As-bodies-pile-Germanys-eastern-COVID-hot-spots-struggle-answers.html

"Meanwhile the eastern state of Saxony has confirmed plans to hold quarantine-flouters in a fenced-off section of a refugee camp set to be build next week.

Baden-Württemberg in south-west Germany will use two hospital rooms to detain repeat offenders, who will be guarded by police.

In Brandenburg, authorities will detain a section of a refugees centre, while Schleswig-Holstein will use an area within a juvenile detention centre."

Would you be less scared if they just stuck them in a normal jail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Would you be less scared if they just stuck them in a normal jail.

Or let them roam around freely while knowingly infected?

Speaking of which. 👇

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9162883/Coronavirus-UK-Border-Force-fine-30-arrivals-500-not-having-negative-Covid-test.html

Home Office admits passengers without correct Covid paperwork are fined £500 then simply waved through gates into UK and 'told to quarantine'

More than 30 air passengers have been fined £500 each by Border Force officials upon arrival in Britain for not having a valid negative coronavirus test - before being let into the country and told to quarantine like all UK arrivals, after new rules were brought in yesterday. 

The fines at London Heathrow Airport on the first day of the new policy came as travellers continued to face delays after landing in the UK this morning as officials checked each passenger arriving had a negative test. 

Passengers can be fined a minimum of £500 for not complying with the rules, but the Home Office confirmed today that they are then let on their way - meaning dozens of people with Covid-19 could have been let into the UK since the rules were brought in. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Or let them roam around freely while knowingly infected?

Speaking of which. 👇

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9162883/Coronavirus-UK-Border-Force-fine-30-arrivals-500-not-having-negative-Covid-test.html

Home Office admits passengers without correct Covid paperwork are fined £500 then simply waved through gates into UK and 'told to quarantine'

More than 30 air passengers have been fined £500 each by Border Force officials upon arrival in Britain for not having a valid negative coronavirus test - before being let into the country and told to quarantine like all UK arrivals, after new rules were brought in yesterday. 

The fines at London Heathrow Airport on the first day of the new policy came as travellers continued to face delays after landing in the UK this morning as officials checked each passenger arriving had a negative test. 

Passengers can be fined a minimum of £500 for not complying with the rules, but the Home Office confirmed today that they are then let on their way - meaning dozens of people with Covid-19 could have been let into the UK since the rules were brought in. 

 

FFS - can't we get anything right in this Country? No proof of a valid negative test for non-nationals = don't let them in!

Link to post
Share on other sites

At least one in EIGHT people in England had already had Covid-19 by December, ONS antibody surveillance study reveals

  • Blood testing of random people showed that 12 per cent of the population has signs of immunity to Covid-19
  • The marker of past infection appeared to be most widespread in Yorkshire & The Humber and London
  • People in the South West, South East and East of England were least likely to have had coronavirus already 

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9159121/One-EIGHT-people-England-Covid-19-December.html

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So 1 in 8 infected has led to over ~90,000 deaths. Therefore those on here wishing the herd immunity (which doesn't exist for coronaviruses) let it rip policy would have lead to over 640,000 deaths (not including excess deaths due to overrun hospitals and lack of medical supplies).

All you thicko covidiot owe Professor Ferguson an apology for each and every one of your disgusting denialist postings.

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, anonguest said:

Today, it might only be for people who fail to self isolate.  But Tomoorrow? What will qualify as a 'violation'?  Refusal to take a vaccine shot?

Yes, according to a leaked document from Canada. People who refuse injection to be sent to camps. I mentioned this in 2020 about 5 - 6 months ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

So 1 in 8 infected has led to over ~90,000 deaths. Therefore those on here wishing the herd immunity (which doesn't exist for coronaviruses) let it rip policy would have lead to over 640,000 deaths (not including excess deaths due to overrun hospitals and lack of medical supplies).

All you thicko covidiot owe Professor Ferguson an apology for each and every one of your disgusting denialist postings.

99% of those deaths are reclassified deaths that would have occurred anyway

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Yes, according to a leaked document from Canada. People who refuse injection to be sent to camps. I mentioned this in 2020 about 5 - 6 months ago.

 

I think you'll find the roots of your paranoid schizophrenia are Italian not Canadian.

Was QAnon - America's most dangerous conspiracy theory - inspired by a group of Italian artists?

...

From ritual abuse to secret government insiders and media hoaxes, the links between QAnon and LBP are striking. The LBP ended in 1999, with five of the founding members (Roberto Bui, Giovanni Cattabriga, Luca Di Meo, Federico Guglielmi and Riccardo Pedrini) going on to form the Wu Ming Foundation, a writer’s collective. Wu Ming 1 (all the authors use Wu Ming as a nom de plume) thinks the similarities are too obvious to ignore: “If they are coincidences, well, there’s a huge amount of them and they’re impressive,” he says.

Beyond the names of the protagonists, the most striking connection between Q and QAnon is the LBP’s work on the Satanic Ritual Abuse (SRA) scare, a wave of moral panic that coursed through American and European society in the 1990s, accusing countless high-profile people of taking part in violent, occult practices. The LBP made SRA accusations a prime target of their work, creating and publicising extreme versions of satanic conspiracy theories, and letting them take hold in the media. Wu Ming 1 says: “We played sophisticated media hoaxes to show how dangerous SRA and the great paedophilia scare was. Some of our most effective pranks were parts of a counter-inquiry and solidarity campaign to prove the innocence of people accused of SRA in the city of Bologna.

...

In 1997, a town called Viterbo outside of Rome became overrun with Satanists, who performed their black masses in the woods. A group of Catholic vigilantes called the Committee for the Sanctity of Morals took it upon themselves to combat these devil worshippers, documenting their rituals and passing the evidence on to the media. A film of one of the black masses even made its way onto primetime Italian television news programmes. But it was all fake: the Satanists and the vigilantes alike. The LBP had made it all up to show how ridiculous the Satanic panic was.

QAnon’s methods are similar. They spread conspiracy theories about Satanic rituals and allow them to infiltrate wider society. It has made the ridiculous notion of deep state paedophile cannibals almost mainstream.

The essential difference is that the LBP prided itself on debunking its own claims. “Our media pranks always had precise aims,” Wu Ming 1 says. “Firstly, to raise awareness of important issues and the way the media covered them. Secondly, the pranks had an ‘educational’ aspect: we always did the reverse engineering ourselves, publicly revealing their falsehood and explaining in detail what cultural automatisms and bugs in the information system we had taken advantage of. The account of how we had played the prank was more important than the prank itself.”

Easier than ever

There is no debunking when it comes to QAnon. “Nowadays, spreading fake news and hoaxes is easier than it ever was,” Wu Ming 1 says. “One key difference is that nobody claims responsibility for them. And what’s become nearly impossible is to keep that balance, that educational aspect, that sense of communal purpose, the belief that critical thought is not the enemy of the search for wonder, and vice versa. Now you have the partisans of critical thought on one side (the debunkers) and people who’ve fallen prey to their need for wonder on the other (those who believe in absurd conspiracy theories etc.).”

Between the LBP and the novel Q, a whole playbook was laid out for QAnon to follow. But the Italian art movement was decidedly and outwardly left wing. QAnon on the other hand fosters far-right thinking, encourages the spread of fake news about Trump’s opponents and is virulently anti-semitic.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr Doom said:

Concentrations camps seems perfectly normal and reasonable, don't know what you're getting so worked up about

You Nietzschean supermen always prefer a mile of misery to an inch of cure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dpg50000 said:

FFS - can't we get anything right in this Country? No proof of a valid negative test for non-nationals = don't let them in!

Even once we are vaccinated the virus will be circulating in high numbers for years in third world countries. Eventually it will mutate and evade our vaccines. Might be a good idea to be strict about who can come in sooner rather than later! I thought they had finally got it right with the testing requirements, but it seems there is absolutely nothing the government cannot make a mess of!

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MancTom said:

Even once we are vaccinated the virus will be circulating in high numbers for years in third world countries. Eventually it will mutate and evade our vaccines. Might be a good idea to be strict about who can come in sooner rather than later! I thought they had finally got it right with the testing requirements, but it seems there is absolutely nothing the government cannot make a mess of!

 

There are also plenty of animal reservoirs.  Quite 'unbelievable' that a virus seemingly confined to bats could make one 'natural', sudden gigantic mutation to become super-infectious across so many species, but that's another debate.

 

This is just going to become like the Flu, circulating and popping up every Winter to pick off the vulnerable.

The best strategy in the years ahead is to encourage people to improve their general health, maintain vitamin D levels and look to deploy effective pharmaceutical treatments like Ivermectin for prophylaxis and early treatment.

A healthy immune system can deal with it unless the initial dose is particularly large (health workers and such would be at risk here).  The average age of COVID fatality in the UK is something like 82 and the known co-morbidities read like a list of what's wrong with the modern Western Lifestyle's effects on health.

 

We might also want to stop scientists from doing very questionable 'gain of function' research in poorly secured facilities.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.