• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
6 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Oh dear it does not look like the Sputnik vaccine take up is going very well in our comrades motherlands. Still I guess you reap what you sow. 🤷

Is that why the AZ one seems to have been quietly pulled in the UK? Sputnik is the same as AZ.

They aren't giving it to the under 40s here now due to clots, and my guess is  most of the over 50s had pfizer, so would assume a similar booster.

Irrespective of that, I don't know anyone who had AZ that got ill subsequently with C19, though in all honesty I don't know anyone who got badly ill with C19 before the jabs.

As said, we had kids with positive PCRs following being sent home from school 3 weeks back, but zero symptoms from anyone in the house.

I still strongly think this whole exercise has been about defending a few elderly people and immunity cripples at the expense of everyone else's lives.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA443
HOLA444
11 minutes ago, anonguest said:

AZ vaccine is being withdrawn from use here in UK??

Well, severely curtailed.

It isn't being given to the under 40s due to the clotting risk.

Most of the over 50s/vulnerable had Pfizer or something else, snd the policy isn't to mix.

So it only leaves the 40-50 range in play for AZ, but most of those have been jabbed and there is no booster on offer. 

So I'd say AZ hasn't been completely withdrawn, but I can't see many doses being given now. They certainly won't give that to kids.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57021738.amp

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/06/01/1002067808/astrozenecas-rocky-rollout-the-woes-of-the-vaccine-of-the-world

HOLA445
Just now, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Most of the over 50s/vulnerable had Pfizer or something else, snd the policy isn't to mix.

So it only leaves the 40-50 range in play for AZ, but most of those have been jabbed and there is no booster on offer. 

So I'd say AZ hasn't been completely withdrawn, but I can't see many doses being given now. They certainly won't give that to kids.

Thanks for that update. Wasn't aware.  Slightly surprised as, although aware of the low level AZ related 'negative' news, I had been labouring under the impression that it was the Pfizer jab which was getting a worse rap and that it was that jab which was being withdrawn here and there, more so than AZ.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA446
1 minute ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Are you sure about that? I thought that most of the first wave of vaccinations were AZ.

HOLA447
25 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Thanks for that update. Wasn't aware.  Slightly surprised as, although aware of the low level AZ related 'negative' news, I have been labouring under the impression that it was the Pfizer jab which was getting a worse rap.

It does seem all the jabs have a bad rap.

Part of the problem is that medical establishment wants to protect their work in progress - to them a 67 year old with 4 expensive comorbidities is a potential customer for the next 15 years.

Obviously they see injecting people who don't actually need the jab as a way of both boosting and protecting income.

HOLA448
18 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Are you sure about that? I thought that most of the first wave of vaccinations were AZ.

Not 100% sure of the mix, but there was a lot of pfizer and Moderna in there. Partly as they had to use that first due to storage.

Most  50 year olds i know had Pfizer. 

And just to add a Doctor I know says he wouldn't give AZ to anyone under 50 now based on personal views. It all about the clotting.

HOLA449
18 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Not 100% sure of the mix, but there was a lot of pfizer and Moderna in there. Partly as they had to use that first due to storage.

Most  50 year olds i know had Pfizer. 

And just to add a Doctor I know says he wouldn't give AZ to anyone under 50 now based on personal views. It all about the clotting.

There was a lot of flag waving going on then with a preference for using the home grown (Brexit) jab and it took months before they got down to 50 year olds.

HOLA4410
38 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

There was a lot of flag waving going on then with a preference for using the home grown (Brexit) jab and it took months before they got down to 50 year olds.

Pfizer "lobbied" harder than anyone else I guess.

Also, why is everyone pretending that Sputnik V isn't a thing? 

HOLA4411
8 minutes ago, subsidiser said:

Pfizer "lobbied" harder than anyone else I guess.

Also, why is everyone pretending that Sputnik V isn't a thing? 

Sputnik V is basically the same as AZ. Even suggestions Russia hacked the data from Oxford.

HOLA4412
50 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

The only group I talk to to who widely got AZ are in their 40s.

The flag waving may well have just been that. 

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57021738.amp

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/06/01/1002067808/astrozenecas-rocky-rollout-the-woes-of-the-vaccine-of-the-world

I'm early 50's and had the AZ, wife is late 40's and had the AZ, we have not been offered any boosters yet, but i dont think we would bother. Loads of kids in both my kids schools have been off with Covid, seems to have missed my kids, or they had zero symptoms and no one in our household of six from under 10 to over 65 has been sick either. 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
4 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

32% vaccinated and now highest daily deaths since the pandemic began. That needed explained? 

That proves only that the vaccine doesn't work if you don't take it.

Also, I don't think they hacked "data" from anyone. Data is not a vaccine. I don't think they stole the vaccine from anyone either. They were among the first to produce a vaccine - because they avoided any of the strange and complicated methods used by Pfizer.

HOLA4416
6 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

The only group I talk to to who widely got AZ are in their 40s.

The flag waving may well have just been that. 

The AZ vaccine did a lot of the initial "heavy lifting" - over 20 million people. As it is stored in a fridge rather than at -80C  it was much easier to roll out rapidly using existing supply chains. 

HOLA4417
10 hours ago, Glenn said:

Something I've noticed where I work. We have more staff off sick with Covid and other colds and flu now since they have all had the "vaccine" than at any time previously during the pandemic. No one I'm aware of has been seriously ill with it so it is doing its job of stopping hospitalisations and deaths. But from what I've seen, to say it does very much at all to stop you getting it or passing it on would seem to be incorrect. 

Surprised? A "vaccine" doesn't feed or maintain your immune system, it irks a reaction from it. That is true whether you think the vaccine is the cause of that or it's due to something else.

17 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Myocarditis is most commonly caused by viral infections. You not being aware of that does seem rather odd given your interest in the subject. Maybe you need to broaden your research base. 

Which virus do you think is giving myocarditis to people who've had jabs for a virus?

9 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Is that why the AZ one seems to have been quietly pulled in the UK? Sputnik is the same as AZ.

Both use adenoviral vector, although AZ uses Chimpanzee adenoviral vector while Sputnik V uses Human adenoviral vector.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4418
7 hours ago, markyh said:

I'm early 50's and had the AZ, wife is late 40's and had the AZ, we have not been offered any boosters yet, but i dont think we would bother. Loads of kids in both my kids schools have been off with Covid, seems to have missed my kids, or they had zero symptoms and no one in our household of six from under 10 to over 65 has been sick either. 

Same here, not even a sniffle.

HOLA4419
11 hours ago, anonguest said:

What specifically did they sow?

There is / has been a lot of assumption that some of the Russian social media farms have been sewing anti-vaccination messages. Zero proof of this, Russia gets a bad rap because of all the meddling it has done, they have unwittingly turned themselves into the bogyman and now get blamed for everything.

Anyway, Russia at only 32% vaccination rate and high daily death toll compared to the UK where we probably have similar numbers of cases (or possibly even more now we have opened up) but far fewer deaths should give a message to anyone who is not blinkered

HOLA4420
39 minutes ago, Drat said:

There is / has been a lot of assumption that some of the Russian social media farms have been sewing anti-vaccination messages. Zero proof of this, Russia gets a bad rap because of all the meddling it has done, they have unwittingly turned themselves into the bogyman and now get blamed for everything.

Anyway, Russia at only 32% vaccination rate and high daily death toll compared to the UK where we probably have similar numbers of cases (or possibly even more now we have opened up) but far fewer deaths should give a message to anyone who is not blinkered

The recent increase in C19 deaths for Russia is on the same trajectory as Booster shot uptake since Sept 24th.

RussBooster.jpg.45d2fb038a8c038fe2d8a4aabbae18fd.jpg

RussBoosterD.jpg.bf9e7e7f95aee44d623d351237c3675c.jpg

In 2020 Russia had the lowest death rate in 20 years.

https://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=26&c=rs&l=en

3 hours ago, Clarky Cat said:

The AZ vaccine did a lot of the initial "heavy lifting" - over 20 million people. As it is stored in a fridge rather than at -80C  it was much easier to roll out rapidly using existing supply chains. 

AZ has now been stopped in Iceland for all ages, while in Finland, Norway and Sweden stopped for people under 30.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4421
10 hours ago, markyh said:

If you are corralled into the digital vaccine passport system you won't have any choice. People in Germany are being refused food. People in Italy are not allowed to work. People in France are barred from any kind of social life.

It may take years but it will eventually lead to a cashless technocracy. You will either start to understand this by March or later, or you will be part of it.

Facial recognition cameras arrive in UK school canteens

"On Monday, nine schools in North Ayrshire will start taking payments for school lunches by scanning the faces of pupils, claiming that the new system speeds up queues and is more Covid-secure than the card payments and fingerprint scanners they used previously."

HOLA4422

Saurashtra’s Avi Barot passes away at 29

"Saurashtra wicketkeeper-batsman Avi Barot, also a former India U-19 captain, died on Friday after suffering a cardiac arrest. He was 29...............He was down with Covid (last year), and got vaccinated. This comes as a huge shock for all of us,” Shah added."

Fully vaccinated Florida father, 58 - whose family said he had NO pre-existing conditions - dies of COVID-19 after spending a month in the hospital

HOLA4423
35 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

People in Germany are being refused food. 

I'm not surprised, Germany was psychically filleted post-war. The openness encouraged in schools is to fish out unwelcome opinion. Bribed by material success, heading to a spiritual abyss

HOLA4424

Get your second J&J dose ASAP say health experts after FDA advisory committee recommended approval of booster: Protection fell from 88% to just 3% in six months, study finds

4 minutes ago, vadst43 said:

I'm not surprised, Germany was psychically filleted post-war. The openness encouraged in schools is to fish out unwelcome opinion. Bribed by material success, heading to a spiritual abyss

Things are going to get worse for much of the world. It seems that this has to happen.

HOLA4425
8 hours ago, subsidiser said:

That proves only that the vaccine doesn't work if you don't take it.

Also, I don't think they hacked "data" from anyone. Data is not a vaccine. I don't think they stole the vaccine from anyone either. They were among the first to produce a vaccine - because they avoided any of the strange and complicated methods used by Pfizer.

It proves if your motherland sows the seeds of doubt amongst other countries then don’t expect your comrades to bother getting vaccinated either. 32% population vaccinated despite Sputnik being on of the first vaccines available is shockingly poor. Now Putins fighting the perfect storm of the highest ever infections and deaths on the backdrop of self-sowed anti-vax propaganda. As I said, you reap what you sow.