House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441
3 minutes ago, slawek said:

So if there was a law forbidding unvaccinated approaching vaccinated then unvaccinated would have no right getting close to me?

Since rights are conferred by law, yes.

There is currently no such law, hence my point about an hour ago that you do not have a right to avoid unvaccinated people.

• Replies 58.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
6 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Since rights are conferred by law, yes.

There is currently no such law, hence my point about an hour ago that you do not have a right to avoid unvaccinated people.

Why are some laws made and other are not made? 

BTW you said earlier I have a right to avoid (walk away) but not to restrict movements and positions of vaccinated.

Edited by slawek

HOLA443
1 minute ago, slawek said:

BTW you said earlier I have a right to avoid but not to restrict movements and positions of vaccinated.

Easy. Just don't go beyond your front door and live a personal one man perma-lockdown. 😏.  But do remember to watch the news to remind you how 'bad' it is outside.

HOLA444
1 minute ago, nightowl said:

Easy. Just don't go beyond your front door and live a personal one man perma-lockdown. 😏.  But do remember to watch the news to remind you how 'bad' it is outside.

Thank you for the advice. I prefer unvaccinated to stay at home so I can fully enjoy my freedom. 

HOLA445
6 minutes ago, slawek said:

Thank you for the advice. I prefer unvaccinated to stay at home so I can fully enjoy my freedom. 

You can't decide on what they do or don't do as they enjoy their freedom but you can decide on what you do. 

On a darker note society's that would restrict one group of peoples freedoms severely risk that will mean everyone's freedoms will go in time...and that will likely mean you too for whatever reason. Careful what world you wish for as it could backfire on you.

HOLA446
35 minutes ago, slawek said:

Personally I'd far, far FAR rather live in a country that doesn't go to oppressive extremes, and any personal risks that could be avoided by now going down that path's a price very much worth paying (FWIW the UK's gone too far down that path for my liking even pre-Covid - and it's not because I want to act like a dick, either).

HOLA447
43 minutes ago, nightowl said:

You can't decide on what they do or don't do as they enjoy their freedom but you can decide on what you do. 

On a darker note society's that would restrict one group of peoples freedoms severely risk that will mean everyone's freedoms will go in time...and that will likely mean you too for whatever reason. Careful what world you wish for as it could backfire on you.

Society WILL decide on what the unvaccinated can't do. And I'm entirely comfortable with that. 

HOLA448
6 hours ago, slawek said:

Sorry it is late. 

vaccinated have a right to wear a badge confirming they are vaccinated

Very true, they can wear any badge they wish to......that doesn't mean they will be treated any differently to someone that wears no badge or one that says they have not been vaccinated.....;)

HOLA449
7 hours ago, slawek said:

Why are some laws made and other are not made? 

BTW you said earlier I have a right to avoid (walk away) but not to restrict movements and positions of vaccinated.

Yes that’s what I think - I may have used “avoid” ambiguously.

As to why some laws are made and some not made…sorry mate, I have a life to lead and didn’t come here to write an essay.

HOLA4410
9 hours ago, Chunketh said:

Norovirus can ****** do one. It’s minging.

But regular exposure gives immunity- ask anyone with nursery aged kids.

This has been the mistake with C19. Trying to save hopeless cases and preventing the healthy developing natural immunity.

HOLA4411
8 hours ago, slawek said:

Anyone that believes it is a good idea for the state to be capable of enforcing such a policy is an idiot, or paid state actor.

How blind to potentially negative 2nd order effects do you need to be to endorse this?

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

This has been the mistake with C19. Trying to save hopeless cases and preventing the healthy developing natural immunity.

Nothing like starting your day with a folksy old wives tale, built around a grain of truth.  

Let's test this - give yourself regular exposure to rabies and let me know how your natural immunity develops  

If you can't find a rabid dog, expose your kids to malaria. Best time to get it, right?

I know you like weights, but now I understand why they call them dumbbells. 

Edited by Ah-so

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
22 minutes ago, doomed said:

Anyone that believes it is a good idea for the state to be capable of enforcing such a policy is an idiot, or paid state actor.

How blind to potentially negative 2nd order effects do you need to be to endorse this?

It's just a natural graduation of the 100% in or 100% out approach that you reach that level of absurdity. Vaccines are good, covid is bad, ignore all else, how do I achieve 100% of each.

That and an element of the deliberate state fear campaign working a little too well.

HOLA4415
4 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Taking one set of people liberties away will often mean yours are next...

185202906_10158247910672338_4771105363634792891_n.jpg.cbc0c81669ff9c04d61f256b684d7593.jpg

Another one for my COVID-19 bingo. But then again, this is the internet and we are all aware of Goodwin's law. 

But as ever, you struggle to find people who are really pushing for an extreme Nazi style state, beyond raising valid concerns about people spreading a disease that actually lowered the average age of death by a whole year in the UK last year. 

Ironically, the only people who seem to be calling for a fascist state are the extreme wing of the Trump movement who stormed the White House and who await a military takeover to reinstall Trump.  They are massive anti-vaxxers. 

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I remember reading somewhere that the immunity to it is pretty short lived. Maybe 3-4 years, which goes some way to explaining why we might have a sudden spike.

I distinctly remember having to rapidly choose which end to point in the bog and which end to point at the bath. Grim.

HOLA4417
14 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

Another one for my COVID-19 bingo. But then again, this is the internet and we are all aware of Goodwin's law. 

But as ever, you struggle to find people who are really pushing for an extreme Nazi style state, beyond raising valid concerns about people spreading a disease that actually lowered the average age of death by a whole year in the UK last year. 

Ironically, the only people who seem to be calling for a fascist state are the extreme wing of the Trump movement who stormed the White House and who await a military takeover to reinstall Trump.  They are massive anti-vaxxers. 

Enjoy your bingo. 🤣  is there a "trumps law" too? Despite the storming of the Whitehouse having zero to do with this thread? 

HOLA4418
35 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

Another one for my COVID-19 bingo. But then again, this is the internet and we are all aware of Goodwin's law

Godwin's law is regularly quoted when anyone attempts to point out obvious similarities to past events in Nazi Germany.

Anyone quoting Godwin's Law in modern Germany could be prosecuted under holocaust denial laws.

If you see similarities between present events and those in Nazi Germany you should point it out immediately and ignore any Godwin's Law nonsense.

Edit: Is it a coincidence that the UK is following the Nazis in making it illegal to boil a lobster

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4419
18 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Godwin's law is regularly quoted when anyone attempts to point out obvious similarities to past events in Nazi Germany.

Anyone quoting Godwin's Law in modern Germany could be prosecuted under holocaust denial laws.

If you see similarities between present events and those in Nazi Germany you should point it out immediately and ignore any Godwin's Law nonsense.

Edit: Is it a coincidence that the UK is following the Nazis in making it illegal to boil a lobster

Further to that, a note for anyone that hasn't realised- it was a cartoon! The person depicted didn't actually exist. 

Such cartoons or memes are meant to be a 'true word said in jest' to bring up important issues under people radar.  

On top it's not a nazi issue...it's authoritarian power which is the worry and that's neither left or right or whatever. 

HOLA4420
6 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Further to that, a note for anyone that hasn't realised- it was a cartoon! The person depicted didn't actually exist. 

Such cartoons or memes are meant to be a 'true word said in jest' to bring up important issues under people radar.  

On top it's not a nazi issue...it's authoritarian power which is the worry and that's neither left or right or whatever. 

It usually is leftist ideology that craves or requires authoritarian power to achieve it's aims though, "for the greater good" or whatever. Usually ending in the mass murder of millions of people. I'm sure this time will be no different. 

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Watching the psychology of this thread is an education despite being a distorted microcosm of real life outside (with close parallels to the media):

One group of people here are keen to point out the vaccines superior performance to natural immunity, are the same group who look at the cases and assume the same will happen as April2020.

So what's the origin of this completely contradictory thinking?

HOLA4423
16 minutes ago, The Spaniard said:

Heads up for a freely accessible live seminar today on Lockdowns in the Question Everything series..

Professor David Paton on now (10:50)

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1PlJQPaXNDXGE

Mandatory lockdowns are of little benefit in locations Covid already has a foothold. People like to believe it does because they sacrificed over a year of their lives to it. The data is clear on this.

HOLA4424
10 hours ago, nightowl said:

That is pretty normal that the society restrict freedom of some people e.g. parents are required have car seats, they don't have a freedom to let their children sit without them. Is that dark? 

HOLA4425
3 hours ago, scottbeard said:

Yes that’s what I think - I may have used “avoid” ambiguously.

As to why some laws are made and some not made…sorry mate, I have a life to lead and didn’t come here to write an essay.

I didn't answer my question.

What is the source of the law, a god, the society, a small group ruling over us or something else?