House Price Crash Forum

They have put a bed in the bathroom and called it a bedroom. Easy way to turn 2 bed into 3 and 3 bed into 4 etc..or in this case a bedsit into a one bed flat. 

Maybe we will see more of these...and they will be called bedsh!ts.

Just now, Wayward said:

They have put a bed in the bathroom and called it a bedroom. Easy way to turn 2 bed into 3 and 3 bed into 4 etc..or in this case a bedsit into a one bed flat. 

?

1 hour ago, winkie said:

Slumb landlord property on the TV there was a toilet in the kitchen....or was it the kitchen in the toilet.?

The latter arrangement reminded me of where, half a century or more ago, the ‘chai wallah’ on an Indian train would boil up his brew on a little kerosene stove before selling it by the cup to the passengers. Many less monied people, including students and backpackers, would share one cup between two, pouring half into the saucer. “Cup or saucer?” was a question often heard. Happy days!

1 minute ago, Save me from the madness! said:

Wow, incredible how little you get for a huge amount of money. I kept thinking why have they done that, and worked it out that either they arranged it so you enter the bedroom via the toilet or if you want any natural daylight in your bedroom it needs to be as is. Incredible, and a real low I feel. 

Literally through the Toilet. Head first or feet first, the latter charged at a higher rent of course.

7 hours ago, Trump Invective said:

"Master bedroom with ensuite facilities"

Even in the biggest and grandest of houses I hate the idea of an ensuite bathroom and would never want a house with one.

In the case of this one what a bizarre decision to put the ''sleeping area'' there, surely it would have made more sense to put it in the NW corner of the living room?

Edited by nome
38 minutes ago, nome said:

Even in the biggest and grandest of houses I hate the idea of an ensuite bathroom and would never want a house with one.

In the case of this one what a bizarre decision to put the ''sleeping area'' there, surely it would have made more sense to put it in the NW corner of the living room?

No me - personally I’d love to have an en-suite.

15 hours ago, Wayward said:

You've nailed it :)

27 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Meanwhile the official rate of inflation fell to 1.3 per cent increasing the chances of an interest rate cut

This is so backwards. High inflation is naturally linked to high interest rate. 

Utterly disgusting that we live in this whacko upside down world.

1 hour ago, Locke said:

This is so backwards. High inflation is naturally linked to high interest rate. 

Utterly disgusting that we live in this whacko upside down world.

They don't include house price inflation in that.

If they did, it will cross 4% easily.

Now they will use above calculated low inflation as reason to lower the rates further.

I predicted this happening before the election.

Intergenerational mortgages will become common.

1 hour ago, Simhadri said:

Now they will use above calculated low inflation as reason to lower the rates further.

Lowering interest rates lowers inflation.

The corollary is also true; lower inflation results in lower interest rates, in a natural system.

When the State controls money, they have only one recourse; lowering interest rates.

Perhaps for the rich. Renting is already cheaper than buying in cities in the West.

I suppose that is a return to Feudalism in a sense, however, it will be a wealth transfer from the upper-middle/lower-upper classes (genuinely wealthy people are typically smart enough to avoid properdee) to the renter class.

11 hours ago, nome said:

There is ensuite and there is ensuite. 

My ensuite to the master bedroom is via a  dressing room. 

But I could see chamber pots being described as en suite by some landlords/Estate agents. 

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein
6 hours ago, Simhadri said:

They don't include house price inflation in that.

If they did, it will cross 4% easily.

Eh? I thought they raised rates to counteract low inflation? Isn't the MPC's target still 2%?