Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Recommended Posts

They have put a bed in the bathroom and called it a bedroom. Easy way to turn 2 bed into 3 and 3 bed into 4 etc..or in this case a bedsit into a one bed flat. 

Maybe we will see more of these...and they will be called bedsh!ts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wayward said:

They have put a bed in the bathroom and called it a bedroom. Easy way to turn 2 bed into 3 and 3 bed into 4 etc..or in this case a bedsit into a one bed flat. 

Maybe we will see more of these...and they will be called bedsh!ts.

?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winkie said:

Slumb landlord property on the TV there was a toilet in the kitchen....or was it the kitchen in the toilet.?

The latter arrangement reminded me of where, half a century or more ago, the ‘chai wallah’ on an Indian train would boil up his brew on a little kerosene stove before selling it by the cup to the passengers. Many less monied people, including students and backpackers, would share one cup between two, pouring half into the saucer. “Cup or saucer?” was a question often heard. Happy days!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Save me from the madness! said:

Wow, incredible how little you get for a huge amount of money. I kept thinking why have they done that, and worked it out that either they arranged it so you enter the bedroom via the toilet or if you want any natural daylight in your bedroom it needs to be as is. Incredible, and a real low I feel. 

Literally through the Toilet. Head first or feet first, the latter charged at a higher rent of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trump Invective said:

"Master bedroom with ensuite facilities"

Even in the biggest and grandest of houses I hate the idea of an ensuite bathroom and would never want a house with one.

 

In the case of this one what a bizarre decision to put the ''sleeping area'' there, surely it would have made more sense to put it in the NW corner of the living room?

Edited by nome
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, nome said:

Even in the biggest and grandest of houses I hate the idea of an ensuite bathroom and would never want a house with one.

 

In the case of this one what a bizarre decision to put the ''sleeping area'' there, surely it would have made more sense to put it in the NW corner of the living room?

 

No me - personally I’d love to have an en-suite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Wayward said:

They have put a bed in the bathroom and called it a bedroom. Easy way to turn 2 bed into 3 and 3 bed into 4 etc..or in this case a bedsit into a one bed flat. 

Maybe we will see more of these...and they will be called bedsh!ts.

You've nailed it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Simhadri said:
Quote

Meanwhile the official rate of inflation fell to 1.3 per cent increasing the chances of an interest rate cut

This is so backwards. High inflation is naturally linked to high interest rate. 

Utterly disgusting that we live in this whacko upside down world.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Locke said:

This is so backwards. High inflation is naturally linked to high interest rate. 

Utterly disgusting that we live in this whacko upside down world.

 

They don't include house price inflation in that.

If they did, it will cross 4% easily.

Now they will use above calculated low inflation as reason to lower the rates further.

I predicted this happening before the election.

Intergenerational mortgages will become common.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Simhadri said:

Now they will use above calculated low inflation as reason to lower the rates further.

Lowering interest rates lowers inflation.

The corollary is also true; lower inflation results in lower interest rates, in a natural system.

1 hour ago, Simhadri said:

I predicted this happening before the election.

When the State controls money, they have only one recourse; lowering interest rates.

1 hour ago, Simhadri said:

Intergenerational mortgages will become common.

Perhaps for the rich. Renting is already cheaper than buying in cities in the West.

I suppose that is a return to Feudalism in a sense, however, it will be a wealth transfer from the upper-middle/lower-upper classes (genuinely wealthy people are typically smart enough to avoid properdee) to the renter class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nome said:

Even in the biggest and grandest of houses I hate the idea of an ensuite bathroom and would never want a house with one.

 

In the case of this one what a bizarre decision to put the ''sleeping area'' there, surely it would have made more sense to put it in the NW corner of the living room?

There is ensuite and there is ensuite. 

My ensuite to the master bedroom is via a  dressing room. 

But I could see chamber pots being described as en suite by some landlords/Estate agents. 

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Simhadri said:

They don't include house price inflation in that.

If they did, it will cross 4% easily.

Now they will use above calculated low inflation as reason to lower the rates further.

I predicted this happening before the election.

Intergenerational mortgages will become common.

Eh? I thought they raised rates to counteract low inflation? Isn't the MPC's target still 2%?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 417 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.