House Price Crash Forum

Land Reg November 2019 (release Jan 2020)

Agreed, unfortunately. I mentioned this back around the election, but I fully expect a mini-boom this year at the very least. However much we may dislike the term pent-up demand, and indeed pent-up supply, I reckon there is quite a lot of both, and with IRs set low and uncertainty reduced (we're locked in for 5 years of Tories, at least), I think the conditions are there.

11 minutes ago, Unmoderated said:

Interesting to see this accompanied with the low inflation rate.

Early days but suspect a turning point. Lower IRs, Brexit uncertainty abated (to a degree anyway) and the US and China signing a new trade agreement. 

Happy 2020. 

agreed

HPI delayed for another few years..

if you cant beat them join them 

1 hour ago, LetsBuild said:

I find section 5 interesting, looks like the vast majority of the annual growth comes from new builds (government props).

It seems there are two separate markets now for flats and small houses - the regular market and the help to buy one operating at pretty much 20% (and 40% for London) above.  What I can’t understand is that the HTB buyers (and there are no shortage of them it seems) haven’t worked out that their new home will no longer be new when they come to sell it. Then it joins the regular market..........

6 hours ago, mattyboy1973 said:

Agreed, unfortunately. I mentioned this back around the election, but I fully expect a mini-boom this year at the very least. However much we may dislike the term pent-up demand, and indeed pent-up supply, I reckon there is quite a lot of both, and with IRs set low and uncertainty reduced (we're locked in for 5 years of Tories, at least), I think the conditions are there.

I think we will have a mini boom, but then where can the price go? I can't see it lasting 5 years. 6 months maybe. 

The London property market is due for an increase in activity, say analysts at Shore Capital.

They point to a sentiment reading in a recent RICS survey.

New instructions listed, demand and sales activity contributed to a 9% rise in industry sentiment across the UK but that was concentrated in London and the South East, the report says.

Equity analyst Alastair Stewart points to the election result and says it will release pent up demand.

"We believe the news could further focus investor interest on London-exposed property stocks, including Winkworth, which yesterday issued an upbeat trading statement," said Mr Stewart.

16 hours ago, lombardo said:

I think we will have a mini boom, but then where can the price go? I can't see it lasting 5 years. 6 months maybe. 

I think the mini boom will be gone in months. I'm already seeing more reduced stickers....

4 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Will it be a national boom or limited to certain regions?

F#ck knows to be honest. Limited to daily mail readers with lots of debt.