House Price Crash Forum

Would you buy a house next to a 5G mast?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Is 5g any worse than 4g?

You've no choice whether you live next to a 4g mast, most are hidden on top of tall commercial buildings. As I understand it 5g requires more, taller, masts as the signal doesn't travel as far as the 4g signal and most 4g masts will be converted to 5g. The government is apparently relaxing the planning rules to allow 4g masts to be made taller without having to apply for planning permission and be challenged by locals. According to the FT they don't currently know how tall a 5g mast needs to be. 

I worked in a warehouse in Edinburgh (Dalry Road) where we were approached by Vodafone to put a mast on top of the warehouse for an annual fee, minimal effort on my bosses part for some extra cash, Vodafone took care of the legal stuff but it didn't seem to be much of a problem or take long to agree and fit. Can't see the mast from the street but it helped with an area with poor signal due to buildings and a hill. I doubt more than a handful of people know that mast is there.

Vodafone seemed to have a whole team looking for black spots, then finding buildings in the area tall enough to stick a 'top-up' mast on

HOLA446
29 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Should resonate nicely with your mercury fillings for a nice warm humming sensation.

It's probably mind programming. Before long Bruce will be humming 'brexit brexit oh I do like that Boris chap'...

HOLA447
3 hours ago, The Spaniard said:

It seems that concern about the safety of 5G is being suppressed.

Would the proximity of a 5G mast affect your decision on where to live?

https://ehtrust.org/5g-awareness-poster-banned-in-the-uk/

This is the same types of loonies that complained about 4G, 3G, GPRS. 

I was once involved in a local residents meeting where a bunch of people were complaining about a mast. They got some nut jobs in claiming they had an allergy to low level electromagnetic radiation, and would pass out when walking near masts or pylons. Of course they all had mobile phones, and didn't understand the inverse square law, i.e. why having a phone broadcasting at 2W power next to your head might be rather worse than a 50W dipole at 100 meters. 

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA448
7 minutes ago, Si1 said:

It's probably mind programming. Before long Bruce will be humming 'brexit brexit oh I do like that Boris chap'...

Free TV and BBC license fee though from picking up television and radio signals in teeth, with signal boosted by the Ariel on top of Bruce's kaiser style hat. Swings and roundabouts.

HOLA449
4 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I was once involved in a local residents meeting where a bunch of people were complaining about a mast. They got some nut jobs in claiming they had an allergy to low level electromagnetic radiation, and would pass out when walking near masts or pylons. Of course they all had mobile phones, and didn't understand the inverse square law, i.e. why having a phone broadcasting at 2W power next to your head might be rather worse than a 50W dipole at 100 meters. 

When I carry my mobile phone I never put it in my chest pocket in front of my heart. I always put it in my left side pocket, which has nothing to do with radiation, it's a counterbalance to my right testicle which is slightly bigger then the left, like a sort of OCD thing there.

HOLA4410
7 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

When I carry my mobile phone I never put it in my chest pocket in front of my heart. I always put it in my left side pocket, which has nothing to do with radiation, it's a counterbalance to my right testicle which is slightly bigger then the left, like a sort of OCD thing there.

I keep mine in my Prison Wallet:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PLASTIC-SMALLEST-MOBILE-BLUETOOTH-HEADSET/dp/B07571S7RB/ref=pd_aw_sbs_107_2/260-1517708-7687862?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07571S7RB&pd_rd_r=efde8b90-bf4b-4a95-b71b-d06c82bc6ae0&pd_rd_w=MoQw8&pd_rd_wg=K30Di&pf_rd_p=789020d9-9eef-49ca-9cce-4368588f8503&pf_rd_r=Q9PA5PPAN7XT6T92NEQX&psc=1&refRID=Q9PA5PPAN7XT6T92NEQX

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I just called you but just ringing with no answer. Perhaps you could stand with your back to the nearest mast? might get better reception.

Anyway if no luck it was just to tell you that bozza’s got a crack needs fixin’ in his iPhone that he keeps in his crack that he uses to sell crack.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
10 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

? are you hoping to grow a tumour in the long-term to provide some equilibrium?

Just kidding. But to be honest how can we say non-ionizing radiation is truly safe? At very least it causes tissue heating which may have effects after a very long period of time. Perhaps it is the modern asbestos.

It doesn't bother me too much, but I think it pays to remain vigilant of environmental factors that could be harmful to health...especially particularly lucrative ones, for which any negative evidence might be considered a highly inconvenient truth...

HOLA4416
11 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

You forgot the loonies who are scared of WiFi.  Perhaps someone should start a paranoia campaign about AM/FM radio, DAB broadcasts, UHF TV, bluetooth and that mangetic technology used for NFC?

To be honest, if I were evaluating a property - and there was an obvious transmission mast nearby - I'd mention it as a negative.  If nothing else, one could argue that it spoils the view. (Shhhh... don't tell anyone that I secretly love the big windmills... it's mandatory to call them an eyesore, too.)

HOLA4417
6 hours ago, btd1981 said:

Just kidding. But to be honest how can we say non-ionizing radiation is truly safe? At very least it causes tissue heating which may have effects after a very long period of time. Perhaps it is the modern asbestos.

I've gone one step further, to eliminate all sources of tissue heating from my home I have binned the boiler, cooker and kettle and bricked up the windows to block out dangerous infrared in sunlight. Since I did this I haven't developed cancer, job done.

HOLA4418
15 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

I've gone one step further, to eliminate all sources of tissue heating from my home I have binned the boiler, cooker and kettle and bricked up the windows to block out dangerous infrared in sunlight. Since I did this I haven't developed cancer, job done.

Haha good one. Just bear in mind that the heating mechanisms you mentioned are different, and that there are already guidelines published by ICNIRP for 'safe' non-ionizing field strength vs frequency. They are used to dictate levels of electromagnetic SAR (specific absorption rate) for handheld devices which must be adhered to by manufacturers. These levels were not plucked out of the air, and presumably there must be consequences of concern for failing to meet them (granted, probably only worth worrying about at much higher levels).

HOLA4419
5 hours ago, Dorkins said:

Do you wear a burka out or do you send someone who doesn’t have rickets?

https://www.jci.org/articles/view/29449

12 hours ago, btd1981 said:

Just kidding. But to be honest how can we say non-ionizing radiation is truly safe? At very least it causes tissue heating which may have effects after a very long period of time.

Long term excitation of elections rather than their instant complete removal from your atoms. Certainly not as simple as whether or not people are affected under the skin by non-ionising radiation, we certainly are.

HOLA4420
11 hours ago, A.steve said:

You forgot the loonies who are scared of WiFi.

I turn my WiFi off at night.

I never wear sun cream because the heat of the sun opens up pores on the skin, combined with the chemicals in the cream getting heated up. The scientific basis for sun cream is that it blocks UV rays with chemical filters. I don’t dispute that. I just don’t overexpose and haven’t got sunburn for many years and cover my rear neck and shoulders with an improvised Legionnaire style hat. 

Even the corrupt FDA have started on a similar line of thinking and they are usually in the pocket. https://www.consumerreports.org/sunscreens/what-you-need-to-know-about-sunscreen-ingredients/

HOLA4421
16 hours ago, A.steve said:

(Shhhh... don't tell anyone that I secretly love the big windmills... it's mandatory to call them an eyesore, too.)

I thought it illegal to have any negative opinion of the damned things at all.

As for a 5G mast, nope, but more because I wouldn't want to live right next to such a delightful feature, rather than any health concerns.

HOLA4422
On 11/01/2020 at 03:19, A.steve said:

You forgot the loonies who are scared of WiFi.  Perhaps someone should start a paranoia campaign about AM/FM radio, DAB broadcasts, UHF TV, bluetooth and that mangetic technology used for NFC? 

Yes, these filthy European TV and Satellite channels with their nudity, foreign languages and their dreadful radio stations with Europop contaminating our radio spectrum. I demand an Specxit from the EU, let's build a giant Faraday Cage around the UK and cut all communication cables in and out of our Island and go back to watching repeats of Dad's Army. 

HOLA4423
On 11/01/2020 at 21:09, Arpeggio said:

I turn my WiFi off at night.

I never wear sun cream because the heat of the sun opens up pores on the skin, combined with the chemicals in the cream getting heated up. The scientific basis for sun cream is that it blocks UV rays with chemical filters. I don’t dispute that. I just don’t overexpose and haven’t got sunburn for many years and cover my rear neck and shoulders with an improvised Legionnaire style hat. 

Even the corrupt FDA have started on a similar line of thinking and they are usually in the pocket. https://www.consumerreports.org/sunscreens/what-you-need-to-know-about-sunscreen-ingredients/

Tourist destinations are banning them, because they are destroying the marine life. 

The chemicals have been shown to affect hormones, so perhaps the recent anti UV paranoia has contributed to this rise in trannyism, with a double whammy of gender bending hormones and a lack of beneficial sunlight exposure.

As to 5G, it is not known to the public whether it has health effects. Moving out of cities, where it is likely to be denser, will also get you away from many other forms of pollution, such as diesel fumes, diversity, noise, etc so would be good anyway.

HOLA4424
6 hours ago, Locke said:

Tourist destinations are banning them, because they are destroying the marine life. 

The chemicals have been shown to affect hormones, so perhaps the recent anti UV paranoia has contributed to this rise in trannyism, with a double whammy of gender bending hormones and a lack of beneficial sunlight exposure.

As to 5G, it is not known to the public whether it has health effects. Moving out of cities, where it is likely to be denser, will also get you away from many other forms of pollution, such as diesel fumes, diversity, noise, etc so would be good anyway.

Interesting didn't know that about marine life.

You may already know gender issues are also caused by stuff getting into the water supply, such as estrogen from the female pill. There's a lot of stuff that goes into the water supply from pharmaceuticals people take, of which some always is in the urine.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080216095740.htm

I get a get a bit of contemporary social research when I go to the Gym (can't do legs at home) as I see Music TV on the screens. Some songs grab my attention, like this one below with various gender mixes apparent, in which the lyrics include "Must be something in the water" (I've checked, it does). The image of "l'héroïsme de la chair"  which means "the heroism of the flesh". Also the possible hypocrisy of the central image star being an evidently biological female (e.g. with female hips) in good physical shape.

On the subject of 5G. Electric Magnetic Field effects on fertility...

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00580-016-2342-x

HOLA4425