House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hairlocks

Sunday Times Given Up On Uk Property

Just had a look through the Homes Section of the Sunday Times to see how they are trying to boost House prices this week, but could not find anything. All the articule are about house in other countries, inculding all the market reports, and the Ask the experts section. Is as if the UK doesn't exsist.

Just had a look through the Homes Section of the Sunday Times to see how they are trying to boost House prices this week, but could not find anything. All the articule are about house in other countries, inculding all the market reports, and the Ask the experts section. Is as if the UK doesn't exsist.

Funny you should mention that, just look at how quiet newsnow is on the subject. This is fascinating, in the last crash the subject simply disappeared <_< Over the last 2 years you had to fight your way through the articles on a Sunday. In some respects this could be a good time to get your views across

http://firstrung.co.uk/casestudies.asp?pageid=SUBMITARTICLE ;)

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=Property+%28UK%29

The Sunday Times might be worried about their credibility in continuing to ramp house prices when they know that the market is not in good shape. When push comes to shove the papers want to sell papers and we have to remember most people own houses. Too many accurate artciles and they lose circulation.

The FT seems to be different as their article today was the most bearish I have read in years. "Stay clear of property..." wow!

Have a look at page 6 of the Money section... "Property Prices on the Up"

There's also something in the Business section on interest rate cuts & house prices on the rise

The FT is far more balanced in its approach to market comentary, after all a large proportion of its coverage is actually about markets. this is one reason why its is the only paper I can actually bear to read.

still it is not infallable and some of its articles are subject to some mild VI age. as far as actuall balanced journalism goes though the FT is one of the best papers you can buy IMHO

The FT is far more balanced in its approach to market comentary, after all a large proportion of its coverage is actually about markets. this is one reason why its is the only paper I can actually bear to read.

still it is not infallable and some of its articles are subject to some mild VI age. as far as actuall balanced journalism goes though the FT is one of the best papers you can buy IMHO

Agreed. This article from the FT seems to go against the trend among newspapers:

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/589049a8-9522-11d...00779e2340.html

The opinion from the housing "experts", journos etc. that I really like and have heard at two periods of my life.

"Of course you should only ever buy a house to live in as a home, do not expect it's value to appreciate much".

Ok, I know its not a credible paper, but anyone here noticed The News Of The World no longer has a financial/money section. This seems to be recent.

A significant mention of the UK market status I saw but its so small its easily missed.

Check out Page 2 a bottom middle of the page is a graph titled Overvaluation of house prices. Q3. 2005 %

It shows the UK market is 35% over valued with Spain next at 25%, then Ireland 22%, France 21% and finally US 19%.

Whats this the Sunday Times showing the UK market is 35% over valued! Shock Horror ;)

Yes, I missed that, must be because Britian was at the top in Bold.

She has gone back to the sports desk !

(Jan 30th Guardian media)

The Times has promoted its personal finance editor Anne Ashworth to the new post of assistant editor (property) and put her in charge of property supplement Bricks and Mortar.

Ashworth has been the paper's personal finance editor since November 1994 and previously worked in the same capacity at the Mail on Sunday.

Her deputy, Antonia Senior, will replace her as editor of Weekend Money as part of the shakeup.

Catherine Riley, who has been running Bricks and Mortar since January last year, returns to the sports desk as assistant sports editor.