Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Recommended Posts

On 03/01/2020 at 10:17, zugzwang said:

Looks like an extended stay for our spy in Iran, Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

How do you know she is a spy? What's the evidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Loved that film as a kid (saw the BBC edited version, so missed all the rude words).

Proabably quite realistic compared with US shooten up films.

Great baddies as well,  not Iranian in the film, more a sort of a cross between Osama Bin Laden and Greta Thunberg!

Well ahead of its time.

 

 

Lol the psycho girl that looks like rik mayall's sister does give the impression of a grown up Greta.

Indeed weren't all films more exciting as a kid everything was. Indiana Jones was the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lombardo said:

How do you know she is a spy? What's the evidence?

There isn't any in the public domain. But Bozo got very confused back in 2017 about what this woman was actually doing in Iran, flatly contradicting the story being told by her family.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/06/boris-johnson-mistake-could-harm-case-for-nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-say-family

Quote

“When I look at what Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was doing, she was simply teaching people journalism, as I understand it,” Johnson told the foreign affairs committee on Wednesday. “Neither Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe nor her family has been informed about what crime she has actually committed. And that I find extraordinary, incredible.”

Her husband, Richard Ratcliffe, has remained adamant that she was visiting family in Iran at the time of her arrest. He said on Monday: “Nazanin was on holiday in Iran with Gabriella when she was abducted. Nazanin is not being held for anything she has personally done. It is deeply misleading by both governments to suggest or even half imply otherwise.

“We demand a clear statement from the foreign secretary to correct his mistake – in parliament and in Tehran at the earliest opportunity.”

Tehran’s prosecutor general said in October that Zaghari-Ratcliffe was being held because she ran “a BBC Persian online journalism course which was aimed at recruiting and training people to spread propaganda against Iran”.

She worked for BBC Media Action between February 2009 and October 2010 before moving to Thomson Reuters Foundation, the news agency’s charitable arm, as a project manager. BBC Media Action has described the Iranian accusations as ridiculous, saying that Zaghari-Ratcliffe had a junior administrative role, but Tehran’s objection shows that it is under the impression that she played a bigger role.

Oops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Last Will – If you want to know what Soleimani and men like him believed in, then listen to the last words from Mohsen, one of those who served alongside him and was killed during the Iran-Iraq war.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2020 at 23:14, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Loved that film as a kid (saw the BBC edited version, so missed all the rude words).

Proabably quite realistic compared with US shooten up films.

Great baddies as well,  not Iranian in the film, more a sort of a cross between Osama Bin Laden and Greta Thunberg!

Well ahead of its time.

 

 

I don't remember Inspector Clouseau in the original?

Edited by burk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, burk said:

I don't remember Inspector Clouseau in the original?

The bloak in the flat cap on the right was a under-rated actor Edward woodwood aka the equaliser.

Maybe trump wants to be the equalizer? The equalizer equalizing the odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, zugzwang said:

There isn't any in the public domain. But Bozo got very confused back in 2017 about what this woman was actually doing in Iran, flatly contradicting the story being told by her family.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/06/boris-johnson-mistake-could-harm-case-for-nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-say-family

Oops.

Well this is never mentioned in the media. Was Boris mentioning the truth or are the Iranians making it up? How would I know which side to believe?

Whatever the case, I think she has suffered enough and she has a small child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lombardo said:

Well this is never mentioned in the media. Was Boris mentioning the truth or are the Iranians making it up? How would I know which side to believe?

Whatever the case, I think she has suffered enough and she has a small child.

I don't believe a word that comes out of BJs mouth so would tend to believe the Iranians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lombardo said:

Well this is never mentioned in the media. Was Boris mentioning the truth or are the Iranians making it up? How would I know which side to believe?

Whatever the case, I think she has suffered enough and she has a small child.

Whilst I don’t disagree that she has suffered enough and her child has been deprived of valuable time with a parent she has dual nationality and is being treated like this by her own country. Her plight is no different to that of North Korean political prisoners or Uighurs Muslims in China. Not that I approve of either but there are lots of cases of people being poorly treated by their own governments, why this lady gets special treatment I don’t know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add, I had dual citizenship at one point for the very reason that if your birth country want to do something to you there is very little Britain can do about it. Yes it means longer queues at the airport when visiting family but having a fair and transparent legal system to back you up is worth it. Also I didn’t want to be called up for conscription..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, longgone said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/08/business/boeing-iran-crash/index.html 

 

accident or shot down ?  

bad either way but defiantly for boeing if it was an accident. 

Doesn't look like anyone is trying to claim anything other than an accident, no blame game from side to side going on AFAICT, which means probably accident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Doesn't look like anyone is trying to claim anything other than an accident, no blame game from side to side going on AFAICT, which means probably accident.

highly unlikely its a ball of flames seconds after takeoff. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Rumours that USA cleared bases of staff and ‘allowed’ Iran to make a show of strikes.

That would explain why there were no casualties. All seems stage managed to me for an Iranian audience...lets hope this is the end of the matter. I'm no fan of the Iranian regime, but it would be horrendous if the government is toppled and they get their version of the Syrian civil war with all sorts of nasty extremists competing to torture and kill the civilians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MancTom said:

That would explain why there were no casualties. All seems stage managed to me for an Iranian audience...lets hope this is the end of the matter. I'm no fan of the Iranian regime, but it would be horrendous if the government is toppled and they get their version of the Syrian civil war with all sorts of nasty extremists competing to torture and kill the civilians.

Make believe. Like the one day war between the US and Syria in 2018. Here's a list of buildings for you to hit, we'll ensure they're all empty.

Perhaps the yanks have privately apologised and offered  $ compensation to Suleimani's family and the Iranian govt for their loss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Make believe. Like the one day war between the US and Syria in 2018. Here's a list of buildings for you to hit, we'll ensure they're all empty.

Perhaps the yanks have privately apologised and offered  $ compensation to Suleimani's family and the Iranian govt for their loss?

Trump Hotel Tehran breaking soil Q3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Trump Hotel Tehran breaking soil Q3.

I wouldn't wish that on them but the Iranians have conducted themselves with considerable composure in recent days. It's to be hoped they can use the political capital they've accrued to improve relations with the West and to get American troops out of Iraq for good.

Meanwhile, in the UK, what passes for a free and independent press is trolling Jeremy Corbyn for not dancing on Suleimani's grave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MancTom said:

I'm no fan of the Iranian regime, but it would be horrendous if the government is toppled and they get their version of the Syrian civil war with all sorts of nasty extremists competing to torture and kill the civilians.

I think we underestimate the importance of the Saudi Wahabi religion in Syria. Those extremists didn't arise from Kurds or Shia in Iraq, or even Sunni supporters of Saddam. They were Jihadi Wahabis who have a Saudi doctrine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Rumours that USA cleared bases of staff and ‘allowed’ Iran to make a show of strikes.

From the pics I've seen it looks like there weren't even any warheads in the missiles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was pretty obvious that was the case. 

some shit scared young Iranians sat at the missile battery, told to expect American jets flying low in 30 minutes. 

30 minutes later huddled around the screen finger on the button, having just heard explosions in the distance, suddenly that’s the blip on the radar, that’s the Americans, we are about to become red smears on the floor/wall, unless we get them first, push the button! Push the button! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2020 at 14:24, longgone said:

highly unlikely its a ball of flames seconds after takeoff. 

 

I'd be interested to see the flight path simulation in the final seconds; the way it went in strikes me as weird for a technical fault only. You'd expect the crew to radio a mayday at least? Even with a major engine fire it should be possible to maintain a good degree of control using the remaining one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 395 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.