House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest unregistered

Magnetic Power

Guest consa

Magnetic Power Inc. - MPI

A fuel-free magnetic motor is invented in South Africa IMG_248.jpg

Michael J. Brady, head of Perendev Power Developments Pty. (Ltd.), a South African firm, after 5 years of experimentation, claims to have developed a 20 Kw magnetic motor driven generator set, requiring no input of any kind. Continental European and Russian market rights have recently been licensed to an undisclosed German firm.

Brady states that a prototype was delivered to Germany in March, and is now undergoing safety tests of the type performed in the U.S. by Underwriter’s Laboratories. Production is slated to begin within 60 days. According to Brady, no external power is required to start the motor, and tests indicate no reduction of magnet strength. Brady alleges that one prototype has run for two months.

http://www.perendev-power.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page4.html

Well, I watched the video, but you couldn't see the whole thing in shot until the end

There was a large protruding bit at the other end - whats that for?

I see, a perpetual motion machine. :blink:

I think they work in a similar way to an ever-rising property market - Guff and bullsh*t :lol:

Magnetic Power Inc. - MPI

A fuel-free magnetic motor is invented in South Africa IMG_248.jpg

Michael J. Brady, head of Perendev Power Developments Pty. (Ltd.), a South African firm, after 5 years of experimentation, claims to have developed a 20 Kw magnetic motor driven generator set, requiring no input of any kind. Continental European and Russian market rights have recently been licensed to an undisclosed German firm.

Brady states that a prototype was delivered to Germany in March, and is now undergoing safety tests of the type performed in the U.S. by Underwriter’s Laboratories. Production is slated to begin within 60 days. According to Brady, no external power is required to start the motor, and tests indicate no reduction of magnet strength. Brady alleges that one prototype has run for two months.

http://www.perendev-power.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page4.html

A perpetual motion machine. It came as little surprise to me that South African businessmen were involved. When I looked at the video, I was curious as to why the camera stayed on close up. When it panned I looked to see if the far side of the motor shaft stuck out. Sure enough it did.

A perpetual motion machine. It came as little surprise to me that South African businessmen were involved. When I looked at the video, I was curious as to why the camera stayed on close up. When it panned I looked to see if the far side of the motor shaft stuck out. Sure enough it did.

What is the sigificance of this stuck out motor shaft? DND mentioned it and now you. If this is real it is the holy grail of electricity generation... however when it comes to finding mythical objects I am a little ... I will keep an open mind!

This company are purported to be world leaders in perpetual motion, active noise cancellation, UV water purification, and not only this magnetic engine they also have a whizzy nitrogen engine too. Gut feel leads me to believe they would make good mortgage brokers too. :lol:

What is the sigificance of this stuck out motor shaft? DND mentioned it and now you. If this is real it is the holy grail of electricity generation... however when it comes to finding mythical objects I am a little ... I will keep an open mind!

If you wanted to make the motor spin, you could invent a perpetual motion machine. Such solutions however would break some pretty fundamental laws. The other way of turning it is to spin it with your hands. Its much neater and faster however to stick an electric drill on the end (but you do need a bit of shaft sticking out to grip).

If this machine worked, it would transform science and Principia would have to be thrown in the bin.

Hmmmm, sceptics eh, why wouldn't a magnetic engine work?, they have negative and positive polarity ie: a force. <_<

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2004...rMagneticMotor/

Have a read of this http://www.phact.org/e/z/perendev.htm it's about people who claim to of been ripped off

To work this motor would have to be 100% loss free, no friction, no resistance in the wires... if I saw an article about this in somewhere respectible I'd give it more credibility. To me at least this is the scientific equivalent of telling me to go to singing pig site to get some advice on how to buy houses that only ever go up in value.

Guest consa

Have a read of this http://www.phact.org/e/z/perendev.htm it's about people who claim to of been ripped off

To work this motor would have to be 100% loss free, no friction, no resistance in the wires... if I saw an article about this in somewhere respectible I'd give it more credibility. To me at least this is the scientific equivalent of telling me to go to singing pig site to get some advice on how to buy houses that only ever go up in value.

:lol:

I have found a science forum discussing this here:- (I expect there will always be sceptics and open minded people with this sort of concept until widely manufactured)

http://www.thescienceforum.com/viewtopic.p...der=asc&start=0

I smell BS - perpetual motion is what that is claiming to be - in fact it is claiming a whole lot more :rolleyes: This is nonsense!

EDIT: I somehow didn't see everyone elses replies. Doh!

Hmmmm, sceptics eh, why wouldn't a magnetic engine work?, they have negative and positive polarity ie: a force. <_<

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2004...rMagneticMotor/

No.

Many PM inventors these days are tinkering with magnets on wheels. Why the fascination with magnetism? I think it's because most people, even those who have had physics and engineering courses, still are a bit mystified by how magnets work, so they are less likely to see flaws in a magnetic engine design. One such inventor tried to convince me that magnets have unlimited stored energy, or can tap unlimited energy from "somewhere". "Just look at those magnets on your refrigerator," he said. "They support themselves, doing work against the force of gravity forever, so they must have infinite energy capability." This is a simple misunderstanding of force and work. A force must move an object to do work on it. The refrigerator magnet's force doesn't move anything, and it does no work.

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/cheng2.htm

The fact some people believe this says a lot about science education in the UK

Indeed - it's very worrying the sate of energy illiteracy in the world. I think it's one of civilisations biggest problems.

No.

Indeed - it's very worrying the sate of energy illiteracy in the world. I think it's one of civilisations biggest problems.

No HEAT in no work out.

ENERGY CANNOT, WILL NOT, EVER EVER EVER BE CREATED or DESTROYED FACT!!!!!

It can only be turned into one form from another

If it moves, with no energy going in, there must be friction in the bearings and air friction right? so the thing must therefore slow down!!! unless as suggested above, there is some kind of wiring, or power shaft. ENERGY IS GETTING IN SOMEWHERE!!! Those steam turbines generating MEGAWATTS of power do so against the resistance required to generate electricity in the generator windings. Want more power= More resistance. Its just like turning the resistance up on the exercise bike.

I have an MEng(Hons) which focussed on thermodynamics and gas turbine design, this guy is talking a crock of shit.

Consa, hope this was a wind up mate!!! :-)

I have a friend that runs an engineering firm, and every couple of years someone comes to him with a design for a perpetual motion machine.

Apparently, some people even spend good money getting components made for them! :blink:

Anyone who believes in this should contact me. I have some magic beans they may be interested in purchasing! ;)

Guest consa

No HEAT in no work out.

ENERGY CANNOT, WILL NOT, EVER EVER EVER BE CREATED or DESTROYED FACT!!!!!

It can only be turned into one form from another

If it moves, with no energy going in, there must be friction in the bearings and air friction right? so the thing must therefore slow down!!! unless as suggested above, there is some kind of wiring, or power shaft. ENERGY IS GETTING IN SOMEWHERE!!! Those steam turbines generating MEGAWATTS of power do so against the resistance required to generate electricity in the generator windings. Want more power= More resistance. Its just like turning the resistance up on the exercise bike.

I have an MEng(Hons) which focussed on thermodynamics and gas turbine design, this guy is talking a crock of shit.

Consa, hope this was a wind up mate!!! :-)

I am not an energy expert, just curious and open minded, BTW you could create a frictionless bearing with magnets around the motor arm to suspended it could you not, also as the magnets are angled is there not a possibility this would rotate at an ever increasing rate and therefore have restrictors built in as stated somewhere, to slow it ?.

Magnetism is an area of huge debate and scepticism, can you prove this motor doesn't work?

just from the video - I would say the energy is entering the system when the outer rings are closed against the spinning shaft. that's why it accelerates during this phase in the video. they no doubt need to exert a large amount of force to do this. hence, perhaps, the reason for a shaft at the top (or did I see a hydraulic ram?)

in the mind of a "perpetual motion" inventor this would be a small problem that they will address later.

it is then that they will discover that energy is indeed conserved and the more energy they want from the motor the greater that initial force.

dQ=dU+dW

never the less, it looks a quite clever design.

I am not an energy expert, just curious and open minded, BTW you could create a frictionless bearing with magnets around the motor arm to suspended it could you not, also as the magnets are angled is there not a possibility this would rotate at an ever increasing rate and therefore have restrictors built in as stated somewhere, to slow it ?.

Magnetism is an area of huge debate and scepticism, can you prove this motor doesn't work?

What about air friction?

Guest consa

What about air friction?

Yes, but this engine is self accelerating and needs to be slowed with restrictors

Read this page: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/cheng2.htm

And the site it came from: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/unwork.htm

It's not about being open minded, some things are impossible. I don't know why you think "magnetism is an area of huge debate and scepticism", when I was doing my physics masters degree I studied several electricity and magnetism modules and it all seemed pretty conclusive from Maxwell's work at the end of the 19th century.

The point on frictionless bearings is irrelevant - yes you can produce frictionless bearings and keep something spinning almost forever. I've done it with liquid nitrogen cooled superconductors, in a vacuum chamber it would keep spinning forever BUT that isn't a source of energy, it was a fixed amount of energy and if you wanted to extract any energy to do useful work it would soon stop spinning. Frictionless bearings are nothing to do with generating energy – if you aren’t generating enough energy to overcome the machines own friction how on earth are you generating enough energy to boil an egg.

Guest consa

I will leave this discussion here, sorry guys, it seems that the rules for some are not the rules for others regards threads, obviously the micro-power thread has more to do with house prices, I will not be returning to this website, sh#t moderating more than once, goodbye.

Yes, but this engine is self accelerating and needs to be slowed with restrictors

Sadly this machine breaks the second law of thermodynamics. You need a heat source and a heat sink in order to get work out. If you think about it, the sea is full of water that's way above absolute freezing so there's lots and lots of energy in there, it's just that you can't get it out without a region of lower temperature to give you that energy flow (e.g. wind & weather systems do work by this method)