House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spirit

So That's Why They Aren't Selling!

There are no figures about how superstition may affect the property market as a whole, but when there is a glut of property around agents feel that superstition may play more of a part in people’s decisions. Some Chinese buyers, it seems, are particularly susceptible, often taking a baby or a dog with them to view a house — if the baby cries or the dog digs in its heels on the doorstep, then they reckon that the house has evil spirits.

James Pace at Farrar says that feng shui is especially important to eastern buyers. “We had a Malaysian customer who looked at a lovely house in Hollywood Road, Chelsea, but wouldn’t consider it because the front door faced down the street. We thought that would be an advantage — nice view, more light — but feng shui rules say that, if the front door of your house faces down the street, then all your money will fall out of the door.” Perhaps the most extraordinary case that Pace came across recently was a couple who looked at a flat in Milman’s Street, Chelsea, but were unhappy about the asking price of £734,000 because the number 4 in Chinese sounds like the word for death. “The people selling the house suggested changing it to £733,888, after they were told that 3 and 8 are lucky numbers in China — and the deal was in the bag.”

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've heard it all now!

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/article/...2020506,00.html

but feng shui rules say that, if the front door of your house faces down the street, then all your money will fall out of the door.

W@nkers honestly who keeps all their money in the hallway ;)

Good article desperation is great to watch.

Good article desperation is great to watch.

I have deep superstitions... My lucky number is 3 so I won't buy a house that's anything over 3 times my salary. :D:D:D

but feng shui rules say that, if the front door of your house faces down the street, then all your money will fall out of the door

If that's true than why don't they all live in caravans outside the front doors of houses that face down the street? They'd only have to wait for the inevitable and wahey!

If that's true than why don't they all live in caravans outside the front doors of houses that face down the street? They'd only have to wait for the inevitable and wahey!

A mate of mine heard that 75% of accidents happened within a mile of where you live.

He's now moved 5 miles away, just to be on the safe side.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've heard it all now!

So they're basically saying people have an irrational fear of large numbers, why would that be?

When you look at the bankruptcy and repo numbers, large ones at that, it seems their fear is rather quite rational.

"but feng shui rules say that, if the front door of your house faces down the street, then all your money will fall out of the door"

Yup, I'd say there's a very real chance of that happening!

Edited by BuyingBear

There are some wonerful chinese proverbs about:

"WITH MONEY YOU CAN BUY A HOUSE BUT NOT A HOME"

Or how about this quote from Greenspan:

"The true measure of a career is to be able to be content, even proud, that you succeeded through your own endeavors without leaving a trail of casualties in your wake"

Trail of casualties? What an understatement!

Edited by Mr Blek