House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davep24

New Development Falling Apart

Heard yesterday that people living in a new development in Leyland are complaining that that their new Flats, sorry meant luxury apartments and houses are falling apart due to the heavy HGV traffic passing the development because someone thought it was a good idea to build near an industrial estate. When i say near i really mean on an industrial estate. It doesnt help that a morrisons superstore is also being built next door. Still it could be worse, luckily for the builders not even half of the development has been sold so not many people will be complaining

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-505...pa_n=6&tr_t=buy

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-852...a_n=10&tr_t=buy

I can't find the story, but a new build end of terrace in Bedale North Yorks, collapsed a couple of years ago. Big cracks had been reported, nothing done, then all of a sudden.................CRASH, whole end wall came down! Ooops!

House is rebuilt now, not sure I'd want to live in it.

I lived in a house that was 150 years old and on a main road used for road trains to a major industrial site that passed every 10-15 minutes. You didn't hear a thing from inside, and no major cracks in the walls (although the windows rattled when the boeings fly overhead).

The newbuild i'm renting isn't falling apart but is, nevertheless, proof newbuild is crap. 3 Bed aprtment (admittedly spacious). Typical brown field site: views of chav area at rear and industrial site at front ( albeit some distance away). Superficially attractive: regency design motif, own parking and 5 min walk to town centre. Purports to be efficiently insulated. Not so: bleedin howling gale blowing through wooden sash windows. Identical place next door bought for 195k may 2004. Now on market for same price : can't sell. My landlord bought my place for 175k this november. Nuff said.

PS : I would be devastated if i bought a place for 195k and found it was impossible to keep warm.

landlord.jpg

post-67-1139185560.jpg

Edited by Baz63

New housing estate built near us, its been built on Marshland, when they were starting building I walked through it, I was shocked to find the foundations were 20+ feet deep. The marshland wouldn't be touched by building firms a few years ago, but now they have built 100+ houses on it. Shows how desperate companies are to get any land for development.

Lets see if they are still there in 10 years, what condition they are in or if they are susceptable to flooding.

;)

One of the "townhouses" (for townhouse read: You have to live above your own garage) in the development I live on had its entire side wall fall off of the house during a storm.

It was rebuilt, but the old lady moved out. Its recently sold after being on the market for most of 2 years while empty.

I think I'd avoid any house where the walls have fallen off. :ph34r::huh: