House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dave

Flipped 3 Times Within 11 Months

Unberleavable as it is, a house in Sunnyhill in Derby has just been flipped 3 times in a year.

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=chesterton+avenue+derby (3rd time just sold within the last week, sold subject to contract). All within the space of a year. Each time making money.

It is 10 Chesterton Avenue. Sold on 26/04/2005 for £112,000, requiring alot of work. I know, I viewed the house as it was advertised as a four bedroom. In reality it was only a three bedroom. The fourth bedroom was behind the main family bathroom. House needed loads, and I mean loads of work. Kitchen was gutted, bathroom from the 50/60's. Garden cut in half and sold to neighbours.

It supposedly sold in 07/10/2005. Very strange that, I never even saw it go on the market. And the same family still appears to be living there. If I remember correctly, they were still renovating around the time of the supposedly second sale. The 3rd sale looks genuine, as they have had the removal vans to empty out there house this time.

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=chesterton+avenue+derby

I cannot find the rightmove link at the moment, i believe the house was advertised at £165,000, it sold fairly quickly.

So my question register a sale with the land registry if the sale never took place. I know they could have sold it onto a developer when nearing completion on the renovation. And stayed in there renting until the developer sold it again. I find this scenerio highly unlikely.