House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

underpressuretobuy

Now I Know The World Has Gone Mad!

John Barrowman voted off Dancing on Ice!

What were the public thinking?

That whole show has become - Vote for your favourite sporting hero regardless of how badly they skate

Stupid people!

He was the only thing about that programme worth watching and now stupid people voting for stupid sports stars who can't skate for toffee have meant he is out.

I am so gutted and really, really annoyed.

Stupid Saturday night television.

When does Doctor Who start?

I think the British public must have Sh1t in their eyes.

I sat in absolute, I repeat, absolute horror when he was voted off :o:o:o .

It's not like me to think along these lines but I actually said to hubby 'do you think it's 'cause they thought he was American'. No offence to the Americans here btw , it was just a fleeting idea. He's actually Scottish I believe.

Not only a great performer but a bit of eyecandy to boot.

I think the British public must have Sh1t in their eyes.

I sat in absolute, I repeat, absolute horror when he was voted off :o:o:o .

It's not like me to think along these lines but I actually said to hubby 'do you think it's 'cause they thought he was American'. No offence to the Americans here btw , it was just a fleeting idea. He's actually Scottish I believe.

Not only a great performer but a bit of eyecandy to boot.

You're right he is Scottish and definately eyecandy too!

But he was such a good skater and when he did Amarillo (I know that was a different week) but I laughed so much. He was just such a great entertainer - brilliant sense of humour.

So, so gutted right now.

I think Kelly Holmes should learn a bit of humility.

She is rubbish at skating and her comeback to the criticism was "I've got 2 gold medals what have you got?".

I'd have asked her what use they were if they can't fit past her big head.

She should have been out weeks ago.

NDL

I think Kelly Holmes should learn a bit of humility.

She is rubbish at skating and her comeback to the criticism was "I've got 2 gold medals what have you got?".

I'd have asked her what use they were if they can't fit past her big head.

She should have been out weeks ago.

NDL

My point exactly.

Vote for your favourite sporting hero regardless of how badly they skate

People obviously like Dame Kelly and she is rightly respected for her achievements but she is clearly being promoted on the show along the lines of - vote for her because she is a gold medal winner.

That's wrong.

Furthermore because of her promotion by presenters someone who could skate (John Barrowman) - the judges made a point of saying they would hire John for an ice show and that if he wanted a career in skating it would be there for him in spite of this - went out because people were not voting on the skating.

Incidentally I didn't blame the judges because they had been expressly forbidden to consider previous performances and make a judgement solely on the last 'skate-off' performance. John's final performance was quite obviously affected by the shock of being in the bottom two and was not as good I felt, and when Stefan actually skated really well (for what I thought was the first time) I knew it was all over really.

I just couldn't believe my eyes. Can't understand why that happened.

It makes me wonder whether Bonnie Langford will be out next <_< , after all she hasn't played for England and doesn't have any olympic gold medals, but my goodness she looks to be working damn hard on her skating.