House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostly

"Do not buy" list - companies

Anyone got a list of companies that they won't buy from, either because they have brain numbingly bad adverts or a 'woke' SJW marketing culture?  A couple I can think of:

1. Gillette.  The obvious one, telling your entire customer base they are bad people in a marketing strategy devised by a feminist. Genius.

2. Skoda.  Currently airing the most annoying radio advert known to man with some kids singing.  I have to mute the radio every time the ads are on.

8 hours ago, Ghostly said:

Anyone got a list of companies that they won't buy from, either because they have brain numbingly bad adverts or a 'woke' SJW marketing culture?  A couple I can think of:

1. Gillette.  The obvious one, telling your entire customer base they are bad people in a marketing strategy devised by a feminist. Genius.

2. Skoda.  Currently airing the most annoying radio advert known to man with some kids singing.  I have to mute the radio every time the ads are on.

I should pass because the list would be endless.

ASDA - I think they're rubbish. 

BT because Openreach used to dig up our road three times a year and it's now  nine times.

4 hours ago, Mondeoman said:

What does  "  'woke' SJW  " mean?

As they refuse to serve anybody other than snowflakes, it's a company I boycott on principle and won't buy anything from..._

Edited by DiggerUK

BUPA care homes.

Undermanned, poor service quality, penny pinching outfit.

They're not even Provident, struggling to get by on fees of £7k a month minimum per resident.

Managers and executives doing ok though.

13 hours ago, Mondeoman said:

What does  "  'woke' SJW  " mean?

‘Woke’ basically means aware of social ‘issues’ and SJW means ‘social justice warrior’. In other words companies that want to lecture you on how to live your life rather than just selling you bog roll or whatever.

Edited by Ghostly

49 minutes ago, Bluestone59 said:

They're not even Provident, struggling to get by on fees of £7k a month minimum per resident.

What does this mean?

15 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

What does this mean?

From the info I have I'm critical of their approach. False economy, pay mostly minimum wage, not of course unusual but 90%+ staff have left in a year. Other outfits seem to manage the balance of costs and service better. Customer dissatisfaction isn't rare. Working atmosphere said to be a bit aggravated and the place is getting grubbier. I'd have thought could do better for what they charge.

They don't strike me as a Provident Association.