House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

Who to vote for - random discussion

I want to see Brexit through so that means voting Tory. But they're scumbags whose definition of 'ending austerity' is hosing more money at retired boomers who never really saw austerity in the first place.

A vote for Labour is a vote for another referendum which is so wishy washy it's untrue. And besides my local Labour MP is the Brownite neo liberal twit Rachel Reeves. And that's it really, nobody for me to vote for.

I think this metaphor is quite apt. No candidate/party is ever perfect.

This election round I think it depends whether you think Brexit is the most important thing for the country to focus on for the next five years (a Tory win doesn't "get Brexit done" - it just moves us on to the next stage of 2-3 years of trade deal negotiations), fixing austerity/the economy, or doing something about climate change.

election.jpg

On 04/11/2019 at 10:56, RentingForever said:

This election round I think it depends whether you think Brexit is the most important thing for the country to focus on for the next five years (a Tory win doesn't "get Brexit done" - it just moves us on to the next stage of 2-3 years of trade deal negotiations), fixing austerity/the economy, or doing something about climate change.

election.jpg

That's really poor advice.

On 04/11/2019 at 09:14, Si1 said:

I want to see Brexit through so that means voting Tory. But they're scumbags whose definition of 'ending austerity' is hosing more money at retired boomers who never really saw austerity in the first place.

A vote for Labour is a vote for another referendum which is so wishy washy it's untrue. And besides my local Labour MP is the Brownite neo liberal twit Rachel Reeves. And that's it really, nobody for me to vote for.

There is nobody for you to vote for as the politicos are not there to represent you, but the system which continues to go in the same direction of more control of your life and the greater centralisation of that power.  The EU referendum has shown once again that you have no choice in anything of importance.  There will be no Brexit with the whole thing playing out like a feature length version of Yes Minister.

Well being Scottish I am genetically incapable of voting tory, I'd sooner vote communist or loony party or something.

Labour have a load of silly ambitions in their manifesto, but we all know they are not capable of delivering any of them, it doesnt really matter because they know the only way they will get into power will be via a coalition, in which case all the promises will go out of the window.

The reason those promises exist is so that in 3 years time they will be able to say "well if only you had voted for us you would have that chocolate teapot by now"

Labour have zero chance of winning in my constituency, so LibDem it is.

23 minutes ago, Habeas Domus said:

Well being Scottish I am genetically incapable of voting tory, I'd sooner vote communist or loony party or something.

It is a curious change that needs explanation. Up until 1960, Conservatives always received more votes than Labour in Scotland.

Two thousand years ago, Scots were so terrifying that the greatest empire in the world had to build a wall to keep them out.

Today they just want to vote for more welfare.

Our ancestors would be appalled by what their descendants would become.

On 04/11/2019 at 11:56, RentingForever said:

election.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

On 04/11/2019 at 08:14, Si1 said:

Doe Brexit matter that much, you do realise Boris's deal is a fast track into the Euro? The transition can be extended for ever and we remain aligned, and when eventually we go back in we get the Euro. I'm pro the existing arrangement and a remainer, but definitely anti the UK having the Euro. The Tories are basically giving us the Euro long term... 

Also I hate Boris, as said many times the current Tory party is morally and quite probably criminally corrupt. 

The Tories have been penetrated by the Russians. And quite probably penetrated a few Russians as well.

1 minute ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Doe Brexit matter that much, you do realise Boris's deal is a fast track into the Euro? The transition can be extended for ever and we remain aligned, and when eventually we go back in we get the Euro. 

Any chance of some external evidence for that?

On 09/11/2019 at 22:36, onlooker said:

It is a curious change that needs explanation. Up until 1960, Conservatives always received more votes than Labour in Scotland.

Around 1960, the Unionist party of Scotland received the most votes. Britain even had a unionist prime minister, Alec Douglas Home.

So impressed were the Brits of unionist parties, they were invited to join the UK government of Theresa May the sub-prime minister. This time though the unionists were from Northern Ireland.