House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
reddog

Matched Betting

Someone recently explained matched betting to me.

Seems like a risk free way to make money.

Has anyone here done it?  

Two problems I see are:

-it may be very time consuming, so I may not earn that much per hour put in

-i don't live in the uk, so it may be harder for me to receive free betting offers

How are you going to sign up to UK accounts? They do all sorts of KYC checks these days. The offers tend not to be huge so you may make "free money" but it'll be limited especially if you are profitable from any one bookmaker. How much do you think you can make?

7 hours ago, cica said:

How are you going to sign up to UK accounts? They do all sorts of KYC checks these days. The offers tend not to be huge so you may make "free money" but it'll be limited especially if you are profitable from any one bookmaker. How much do you think you can make?

Well various sites are saying around £500 per month, but it goes down after your accounts are limited.

From what I am reading, it might take 10-15 or more hours per week, and it does seem that most people eventually tire of it.  Realistically I could probably end up earning the same money in a part time job.

I guess I just like the idea of beating the system.

Edited by reddog

I did it quite a few years ago.

It was fairly easy to make about 1500 quid by using new customer offers.
However, once the new customer offers expires the margins are wafer thin and it becomes more difficult.

Once I had used up all the easy bonuses I gave up.

Once you start making a few £££ the bookies all limit you so much you'll never make a profit. A number of bookies have now limited me to wins in the single figures. I bet if I had lost a fortune they wouldn't be limiting me!