House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
APerson

Fed Secretly Bailing Out Banking System AGAIN!

I stumbled upon this video on my travels.

Essentially:

1. Fed is bailing out the economy secretly.
  2. It can do this as legistlation has been passed which enables it to without a vote in congress
  3. I would imagine that a similar instrument is in place in the UK.

The banking system needs to fail for a house price decrease. What they are doing is delaying the inevitable and would explain the continued house price increase that we have seen when we've all been predicting since the 2000s a crash.

E

1 hour ago, APerson said:

I stumbled upon this video on my travels.

Essentially:

1. Fed is bailing out the economy secretly.
  2. It can do this as legistlation has been passed which enables it to without a vote in congress
  3. I would imagine that a similar instrument is in place in the UK.

The banking system needs to fail for a house price decrease. What they are doing is delaying the inevitable and would explain the continued house price increase that we have seen when we've all been predicting since the 2000s a crash.

Could you summarise what this secret bail out is, in a nutshell? 

I'm not that keen to click on random YouTube links. If the evidence was compelling enough it would be in print. Which is why YouTube is usually the refuge of cranks. 

economy has been on life support since 2008 was almost the end of this particular twisted version of capitalism.

the U.K. Gov still does secret cobra meetings about it. 

One massive confidence game, massive daily robbery right from the value of your savings each day.

HPI has to be sacred. debt is good. Swallow it all.

i have mixed feelings about it, they are doing a fantastic job at keeping the plates spinning. but it’s encouraging a world where consumption is vital, yet only the oldies can consume, and the young suffer. 

you either go with the flow or drown. 

as long as fiat can keep losing value I can’t see there ever being anything to correct the system.

one day pounds will be worth pennies, and £10 notes will become the new pound. naked something else. 

perhaps social unrest, or even environmental. 

how will politics look in this new system? As the the demographics change. dunno. 

Probably an endless hard swing to the left then hard swing to the right. 

a huge population growth. 

Edited by jiltedjen

15 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

economy has been on life support since 2008 was almost the end of this particular twisted version of capitalism.

the U.K. Gov still does secret cobra meetings about it. 

One massive confidence game, massive daily robbery right from the value of your savings each day.

HPI has to be sacred. debt is good. Swallow it all.

i have mixed feelings about it, they are doing a fantastic job at keeping the plates spinning. but it’s encouraging a world where consumption is vital, yet only the oldies can consume, and the young suffer. 

you either go with the flow or drown. 

as long as fiat can keep losing value I can’t see there ever being anything to correct the system.

one day pounds will be worth pennies, and £10 notes will become the new pound. naked something else. 

perhaps social unrest, or even environmental. 

how will politics look in this new system? As the the demographics change. dunno. 

Probably an endless hard swing to the left then hard swing to the right. 

a huge population growth. 

Yet you still continue with employment.

Does the future Crumbs exceed the future debt slice.😉

1 hour ago, longgone said:

Yet you still continue with employment.

Does the future Crumbs exceed the future debt slice.😉

My theory is to hedge against most outcomes. and support Bitcoin, as that seems the only realistic thing to force some sanity back into the world. 

and try to keep upbeat at work and enjoy it best I can. should be mortgage free mid-40’s (and that’s if bitcoin goes to zero), could be sooner! 

all you can do when there is no true measure of value. I do worry about bringing kids into this world though. 

most of life for the young is bloody horrible, and I sort of think it’s mean to make someone else face an even harder struggle. 

I don’t think the banks ever stopped being bailed out. everything is to support the banks. To improve their books. 

Edited by jiltedjen

43 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

My theory is to hedge against most outcomes. and support Bitcoin, as that seems the only realistic thing to force some sanity back into the world. 

and try to keep upbeat at work and enjoy it best I can. should be mortgage free mid-40’s (and that’s if bitcoin goes to zero), could be sooner! 

all you can do when there is no true measure of value. I do worry about bringing kids into this world though. 

most of life for the young is bloody horrible, and I sort of think it’s mean to make someone else face an even harder struggle. 

I don’t think the banks ever stopped being bailed out. everything is to support the banks. To improve their books. 

How do you hedge most outcomes ?

Bitcoin and a job and pray for the best ??

It's good that you think about future spawn as that is what our future rigged masters need more of to support the retarded population We have now.

Honestly though are you going to be happy feeling that you have circumvented the rigged system by paying off a chit house by 40 something. ??

No offence  but you can see my lax attitude to life and I think I am a decade at least older that you our only difference is hpi.

15 hours ago, longgone said:

It's good that you think about future spawn as that is what our future rigged masters need more of to support the retarded population We have now.

Honestly though are you going to be happy feeling that you have circumvented the rigged system by paying off a chit house by 40 something. ??

No offence  but you can see my lax attitude to life and I think I am a decade at least older that you our only difference is hpi.

Permanent Portfolio investing that way you can win whatever the future holds, inflation, deflation, system collapse, temporary but deep recession etc etc.

No life is risk free, there is no such thing as security, only the illusion of security, thats all we can hope for!

Bitcoin is pretty much my only protest to the corrupt system we live in, its not much but at least im not just doing nothing about it.

Street protests and voting is useless when the system itself regardless of the political parties in power. At least Bitcoin has a small chance or removing the endless ability to bail out zombies, print endless money, and bring some sense back into the world, instead of this long consumer world with little to no actual human progress! 

and a home with hobbies some toys and a loving family, what more could you want?  

I lucky that i'm in a skilled reasonably well paid job in a low paid area. Thus i can have a nice period house which suits my needs, and i actually enjoy DIY! 

On 02/11/2019 at 22:56, longgone said:

Don't count on future spawn so much. As has been demonstrated by globalist policies, you don't really need spawn, when you have unlimited immigration. There's always some hole that will export willing punters into our endless money tree printy system. 

I'm losing faith in bitcoin, to me it's just beginning to look like another manipulated market. It's now part of of the system and the system is rotten to the core. 

2 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

Don't count on future spawn so much. As has been demonstrated by globalist policies, you don't really need spawn, when you have unlimited immigration.

Yes the more immigration the better that is what we all need LOL 

2 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

I'm losing faith in bitcoin, to me it's just beginning to look like another manipulated market. It's now part of of the system and the system is rotten to the core. 

never had any faith in it and you are correct 

On 03/11/2019 at 08:34, spyguy said:

Its just a repo operation.

'Just'.

Nothing to see here. Absolutely nothing going wrong at all.

Someone is not telling the truth – The Fed once again last week increased the size of both the overnight and “term” repo operations. Starting Thursday (Oct 24th) the overnight repos were increased from $75 billion to “at least” $120 billion and the term repos (2 week term) of “at least” $35 billion were extended to the end of November, with two “at least $45 billion” term repos thrown in for good measure. The Fed is also outright printing helicopter money for the banks at a rate of $60 billion per month (via “T-bill POMOs).

At the height of the last QE/money printing cycle, the Fed was doing $75 billion per month. So whatever the problem is behind the curtain, it’s already as large or larger than the 2008 crisis.

http://investmentresearchdynamics.com/sleepwalking-toward-a-crisis-got-gold/

Edited by Errol

23 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

Permanent Portfolio investing that way you can win whatever the future holds, inflation, deflation, system collapse, temporary but deep recession etc etc.

No life is risk free, there is no such thing as security, only the illusion of security, thats all we can hope for!

Bitcoin is pretty much my only protest to the corrupt system we live in, its not much but at least im not just doing nothing about it.

Street protests and voting is useless when the system itself regardless of the political parties in power. At least Bitcoin has a small chance or removing the endless ability to bail out zombies, print endless money, and bring some sense back into the world, instead of this long consumer world with little to no actual human progress! 

and a home with hobbies some toys and a loving family, what more could you want?  

I lucky that i'm in a skilled reasonably well paid job in a low paid area. Thus i can have a nice period house which suits my needs, and i actually enjoy DIY! 

stability is all i need personally,  ultimately i am looking for a guaranteed income with minimal effort the thought of having to sit in an office again is very off putting right now. economic freedom. 

its a sobering thought when money is created out of thin air yet the plebs need to waste most of their life trying to obtain it for the benefit of someone else. 

i agree about bitcoin that could have been a retirement plan had most of us invested a few k 5-6 years ago.  i see no long term gain there. not life changing anyway. 

6 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

Don't count on future spawn so much. As has been demonstrated by globalist policies, you don't really need spawn, when you have unlimited immigration. There's always some hole that will export willing punters into our endless money tree printy system. 

everything is manipulated is it not ? trouble is you need to be very rich already to take advantage of the situation. 

yes after destroying the fabric of life and procreation they can just import new plebs no need for couples to bother anymore. 

6 hours ago, Errol said:

'Just'.

Nothing to see here. Absolutely nothing going wrong at all.

Someone is not telling the truth – The Fed once again last week increased the size of both the overnight and “term” repo operations. Starting Thursday (Oct 24th) the overnight repos were increased from $75 billion to “at least” $120 billion and the term repos (2 week term) of “at least” $35 billion were extended to the end of November, with two “at least $45 billion” term repos thrown in for good measure. The Fed is also outright printing helicopter money for the banks at a rate of $60 billion per month (via “T-bill POMOs).

At the height of the last QE/money printing cycle, the Fed was doing $75 billion per month. So whatever the problem is behind the curtain, it’s already as large or larger than the 2008 crisis.

http://investmentresearchdynamics.com/sleepwalking-toward-a-crisis-got-gold/

I know a little bit about this. The repo market has traditionally been a highly liquid but very low yielding product - the utility product of financial markets. It's one great advantage was that it allowed very low risk lending or borrowing at low rates and was available overnight. From a bank's perspective, it used up very little CET1 capital.

A response to the financial crisis was the leverage ratio in order to prevent the massive levels of leverage that we saw prior to the financial crisis. With the same amount of capital, banks needed like-for-like, much smaller balance sheets. So they went for the lowest hanging fruit - the low revenue product that was now going to eat up a lot of their capital.

They moved out of the market, but the customers were still there. Demand exceeded supply, and from a bank's perspective, it makes no sense to do this business and fill up their leverage ratio if there is actually a more profitable product out there. In other words, you now need to make almost zero risk lending more profitable than quite high risk lending. Rates therefore shoot up to an apparently insane level.

The Fed realises that short-term liquidity has dried up and steps in to resolve the problem. 

I expect that policy around repo and the leverage ratio will change in time.

19 hours ago, APerson said:

I'm all in on Gold/silver over bitcoin. I think it's safer.

Physical? Please explain if someone breaks into my house and safe how can they steal my Bitcoin without the private keys? But your physical precious metals would be gone.

27 minutes ago, markyh said:

Physical? Please explain if someone breaks into my house and safe how can they steal my Bitcoin without the private keys? But your physical precious metals would be gone.

A friend of mine lost more when his BitCoin wallet was hacked than I have lost to burglars.

53 minutes ago, chronyx said:

A friend of mine lost more when his BitCoin wallet was hacked than I have lost to burglars.

He must be dumb, sloppy security and simple password. From 2013 to 2014 I used a simple bitcoin core wallet, encrypted via 20+ digit password, from 2015 to 2018 I used the excellent online blockchain.info wallet twice, also 20+ digit password with email and text 2FA protection. Never a problem. From 2018 had my Bitcoin split between a Trezor and Ledger Nano S hardware wallets. 

Never an issue. Also extracted my private keys using a BIP39 menonmic seed calculator from my 1st blockchain.info online wallet to claim my Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold.  Still never an issue. 

Your friend most likely kept his Bitcoin on an exchange wallet.  And everyone knows in Crypto, "No keys, no coins". You must take control of your private keys. Always. Only use exchanges just before selling. 

Anyway the question was not about your dumb friend, it was about how is your physical gold stored at home of a bank more secure from theft than getting access to my private keys? 

You could easily be tortured to get your simple safe combination, I have no idea from memory what my Seed or private key is, they are to long to remember.

1 minute ago, markyh said:

He must be dumb, sloppy security and simple password. From 2013 to 2014 I used a simple bitcoin core wallet, encrypted via 20+ digit password, from 2015 to 2018 I used the excellent online blockchain.info wallet twice, also 20+ digit password with email and text 2FA protection. Never a problem. From 2018 had my Bitcoin split between a Trezor and Ledger Nano S hardware wallets. 

Never an issue. Also extracted my private keys using a BIP39 menonmic seed calculator from my 1st blockchain.info online wallet to claim my Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold.  Still never an issue. 

Your friend most likely kept his Bitcoin on an exchange wallet.  And everyone knows in Crypto, "No keys, no coins". You must take control of your private keys. Always. Only use exchanges just before selling. 

Anyway the question was not about your dumb friend, it was about how is your physical gold stored at home of a bank more secure from theft than getting access to my private keys? 

You could easily be tortured to get your simple safe combination, I have no idea from memory what my Seed or private key is, they are to long to remember.

tl;dr wow sorry if I struck a nerve

On 03/11/2019 at 14:25, jiltedjen said:

Was that Harry Browne? The system was shown to fail badly in certain markets a few years ago I thought?