House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LesDawson

1 Bed Flat, Almost Guaranteed Good Night's Sleep, Londonish, £220k

Ha - my friend bought a flat there when it was first converted. Wasn’t a bad flat at all inside. Had that weird hotel vibe in the corridors but it does definitely smell of ovaltine. I thinks it’s ingrained in the mortar.

58 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

No amount of Ovaltine is going to stop the sleepless nights of the person that paid £214,000 for this in 2016.

Blimey I didn't even think to look at previous sales. Has just gone on the market, may be interesting to keep.an eye on this one.

I reckon it will go for £183k in about 3 months time. 

Higher or Lower ?

53 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Ha - my friend bought a flat there when it was first converted. Wasn’t a bad flat at all inside. Had that weird hotel vibe in the corridors but it does definitely smell of ovaltine. I thinks it’s ingrained in the mortar.

Wasn't shared ownership to begin with was it ?... I saw quite a few converted factories / large business and the like into shared ownership flats around the area.

They still there or got out ?

What struck me was the agent's requirements before they will privilege prospective bidders with their time...

Is this normal these days...?  My money is spread around, i would have to go in with a file and spend 30 mins talking them through all my affairs and them most likely it will not be possible to reach a sensible deal with the vendor.

Please be aware, should you wish to make an offer for this property, we will require the following information before we enter negotiations:
1. Copy of your mortgage agreement in principal.
2. Evidence of deposit funds, if equity from property sale confirmation of your current mortgage balance i.e. Your most recent mortgage statement, if monies in bank accounts the most up to date balances.

14 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

No amount of Ovaltine is going to stop the sleepless nights of the person that paid £214,000 for this in 2016.

The service charge I expect will result in some restless nights...