House Price Crash Forum
Aidan Ap Word

Jingle mail... Though the mail refuses to accept real price.

Whilst I sincerely hope she can see the end of an ordeal... (by that I mean the stalker)... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7616135/Nicola-Roberts-1-25million-mansion-repossessed-bank.html

I "love" that the DM claim that the repossession is priced at 100s of thousands more than the pro e it Failed to sell for.

How deep must the reporters at this rag believe the "someone told me it was worth that' mantra so as not to be able to read clearly? 

Yup... She handed it back (the house, nor her possessions) and the mortgage was cleared. That said... Wouldn't the bank normally balance the books after selling the house and leave the difference as debt (or benefit, if sold for more)... Surely? 

Confusing article.

The suns original one is slightly more clear.

One, if the ex was stalking then the police n courts would be opall over him esp if he wss around her property. Shes lived there 10 years. I assume hes visited at sometime, so would know her address.

But finding a buyer was impossible and the singer accepted she had to do a deal with the bank to save herself from financial ruin.

Because the repossession was a mutual agreement, she was able to secure her belongings before the house was put on the market.

The 34-year-old has now relocated to London to begin a new chapter in her life and told me: “It was my decision to go to the bank and ask if they would take the house in exchange for clearing the mortgage.

“I had been trying to sell the house for years, and was so unhappy there that I decided to take the hit financially in order to move on and find a new property away from the bad memories. I’m really happy in my new home now.”

Nicola moved to the three-bedroom penthouse in Surrey back in 2009 — shelling out £1.25million for the leasehold property.

The property was first listed with estate agents in February 2017, with photographs showing it filled with Nicola’s furniture and belongings. But even slashing the price since then has failed to attract a buyer.

A renewed listing updated last month saw the home marketed for just £825,000 — a huge loss on the price Nicola paid, in a bid for a quick sale so she could get on with her life.

So .. what makes her think the bank would be better at selling it than her?

It was a repo, shes no cash to service the mortgage.

Not a good sign for lobdon se housing. 10 years, 30% down.

11 hours ago, Aidan Ap Word said:

Whilst I sincerely hope she can see the end of an ordeal... (by that I mean the stalker)... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7616135/Nicola-Roberts-1-25million-mansion-repossessed-bank.html

I "love" that the DM claim that the repossession is priced at 100s of thousands more than the pro e it Failed to sell for.

How deep must the reporters at this rag believe the "someone told me it was worth that' mantra so as not to be able to read clearly? 

Yup... She handed it back (the house, nor her possessions) and the mortgage was cleared. That said... Wouldn't the bank normally balance the books after selling the house and leave the difference as debt (or benefit, if sold for more)... Surely? 

Correct. They'll chase her for any shortfall. People don't realise this 

"Nicola revealed: 'It was my decision to go to the bank and ask if they would take the house in exchange for clearing the mortgage."

that's interesting. I'm dubious. Suspect there's more to it than that.

2 hours ago, longgone said:

how can you buy a house in 2009 and still lose on it now ???? 

and in weybridge 

Yeah, I thought that.  Even as a hardcore HPCer, I would have thought it was impossible to loose buy a house in weybridge in 2009.

There must be something wrong with it, or she paid seriously over the odds.

Interesting article, she couldn't sell a house "worth"  £1.25 million for £825,000.  Definitely something wrong there!

Edited by reddog

2 minutes ago, reddog said:

Yeah, I thought that.  Even as a hardcore HPCer, I would have thought it was impossible to loose buy a house in weybridge in 2009.

There must be something wrong with it, or she paid seriously over the odds.

Interesting article, she couldn't sell a house "worth"  £1.25 million for £825,000.  Definitely something wrong there!

i think its a flat it said 3 bedroom penthouse. ? 

i tried to find the address but no previous news listed the location. 

she obviously got her knickers pulled down back in 2009 you could buy a nice house in that area in 2009 for half what she paid then. 

20 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

and what sort of "stunning mansion" can you get there for £825k. 

you can`t but neither could you in 2009 not a mansion anyway. 

DM has a funny idea of what they think a mansion is. 

Hybrid property and domestic violence propaganda. That's a new one. 

Well if she couldn't sell it for 1.25 million and the Bank couldn't then it isn't worth 1.25 million. 

"The star initially took out a mortgage with the bank Coutts, and then went onto transform the Surrey pad with new facilities such as a hi-tech gym, a dreamy walk-in wardrobe, and a terrace overlooking the idyllic gardens."

Maybe  she overpaid at about 900 in 2009 and then spent another 300+ doing 'improvements'. Such expenditure might have been worth while if she were going to live there a good long time to get the benefit, but anyone else is likely to value them at 0.  

The ‘worth’ figure is some dream lala land figure. 

she probably did clear the mortgage by handing it back to the bank. the bank probably thinks it’s worth more than the mortgage figure.

but it’s real worth is probably still much lower than the dream worth figure. 

also this article is basically about being bailed out of poor financial decisions by HPI. 

spiced up with some ex stories and making ‘handing it back’ seem drastic.