House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrB

Stoke-on-trent Set To Take Off

http://personalfinance.iii.co.uk/articles/...icle_id=2123344

Stoke is a shit hole with no jobs, although this doesn't matter in our New Economy.

Yes, and the article starts out with the following warning:

These recommendations do not constitute advice, please read the risk warnings

The more spin I see the more convinced I am that the HPC is going to arrive sooner than I thought.

HPC 2006.

http://personalfinance.iii.co.uk/articles/...icle_id=2123344

Stoke is a shit hole with no jobs, although this doesn't matter in our New Economy.

Easy! That's my home town you're talking about.

Stoke has it's good and bad points, but I can't see any reason why prices would rise here. There aren't many well paid jobs here and prices have more than doubled in the last 5 years despite the fact that the area hasn't fundamentally changed. Stoke was called as a 'hotspot' a few years ago and a lot of investors bought here. Quite how buying here now would qualify as 'bottom-fishing' I'm not sure.

Yields on B2Ls here are low: a £65k terraced would only rent for about £350. So the article seems to imply that Stoke is their pick because of anticipated capital growth, yet goes on to say London is best for future capital growth. And there's little justification in the article of why they've picked Scotland. It's a poorly written and researched article.