House Price Crash Forum

Poor buy to letters :'(

spyguy

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
23 minutes ago, spyguy said:

From the comments.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/im-facing-bankruptcy-ciac-residents-17134706

1_The-Middlehaven-development-in-Middles

No, not me.

And, no, I dont know what  they were thinking - archiwhatsit, builder, LA, buyers etc etc.

Bought flat straight out of university. I suspect bomad. She's on LinkedIn too, a social media manager or sommat.

HOLA444

Never buy leasehold. (999yr peppercorn rent house is the exception)

Wooden clad buildings look like crap after a few years anyway. All the new-builds around here with wooden cladding look run down/weathered after a year of sun bleaching/British winter.  

From the article. £15 pound an hour for a "fire warden" to walk round the building. I'm in the wrong business. 

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
2 hours ago, Council estate capitalist said:

From the article. £15 pound an hour for a "fire warden" to walk round the building. I'm in the wrong business. 

I'm guessing the person walking won't be getting much more than NMW.

Your comment was correct but applies more to whoever gets the difference for their made up tasks.

HOLA448
2 hours ago, longgone said:

1_The-Middlehaven-development-in-Middles

There no making anymore land !  

apart from the roof to put some houses on. 

Yep, land is at a premium! (Lets just ignore the acres of scrubland all around).

It does look like they stuck some houses on top or a school from little house on the prairie ? in fact, photoshop the structure on top into the scrubland, then photoshop out the flat/buildings and it does look like something out of the American Midwest!

HOLA449
1 hour ago, ebull said:

I'm guessing the person walking won't be getting much more than NMW.

Your comment was correct but applies more to whoever gets the difference for their made up tasks.

Oh definitely, It's the same as cleaners/carers. Client gets charged £16, worker gets £8.21 or less.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the "fire warden company" and the freeholder are related companies.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
1 hour ago, LetsBuild said:

Yep, land is at a premium! (Lets just ignore the acres of scrubland all around).

It does look like they stuck some houses on top or a school from little house on the prairie ? in fact, photoshop the structure on top into the scrubland, then photoshop out the flat/buildings and it does look like something out of the American Midwest!

That scrubland is actually a money making twig field. Just think how many twigs in vases you could make (and it grows back......FREE!)

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

I think the architect may have been a Harry Potter fan

The-Weasley-Family-image-the-weasley-fam

Nah.

Ive sat tgru films i dont understand, seen dresses that are stupid, gone to art galleries with piles of elephant shit.

The answer is always, coke, by the barrel.

HOLA4414
27 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Nah.

Ive sat tgru films i dont understand, seen dresses that are stupid, gone to art galleries with piles of elephant shit.

The answer is always, coke, by the barrel.

Well you'd probably need a fair bit of coke to buy one of those flats too.

HOLA4415
19 hours ago, LetsBuild said:

The more i look at that picture the more depressed i get.  i reminds me a bit of past east German or Ukrainian housing. 

would not look out of place in chernobyl

HOLA4416
4 minutes ago, longgone said:

The more i look at that picture the more depressed i get.  i reminds me a bit of past east German or Ukrainian housing. 

I didn't believe it was real until I saw it on RightMove...

I wonder if the 'house' on top was marketed as a house...just happening to be on top of a 8 storey block of flats!!

HOLA4417
10 minutes ago, longgone said:

Well it is the result of an incompetitive crypto communist system.

Edited by Si1

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
2 hours ago, Wayward said:

I wonder if the 'house' on top was marketed as a house...just happening to be on top of a 8 storey block of flats!!

Could even build it into the blurb on Rightmove e.g. "Scumbag Agents are proud to present to the market this 2 bedroom semi-detached house firmly situated upon substantial foundations. Extremely low risk of flooding."

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

Could even build it into the blurb on Rightmove e.g. "Scumbag Agents are proud to present to the market this 2 bedroom semi-detached house firmly situated upon substantial foundations. Extremely low risk of flooding."

Not if it tipples over and falls in the dock.

You really have to wander around, to get a feel for the setting.

'A lively urban setting, with the famous Unbongo wine bar on your door step. Offering many employment opportunities for your 14yo daughter esp if she'll accept £10 for bareback...' etc etc

I cant find the place on google maps - i dont think 'quay street' exists anywhere but the EA imaginations.

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.5805102,-1.226826,3a,75y,231.32h,88.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBp9rZPDa7TZaHwbkAgDCdA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Rather the an old bustling quay side with quaint old pubs etc etc. Its the old commercial docks, where they did bulk cargos and whatnot.

Its been built in 'Over the border' the oldest, slummiest bit of middbrough. It was all knocked down - till they ran out of money., so theres stuff just left, bordered up.

Mixed with a load of god awful plastic buildings.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425