Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
spyguy

Poor buy to letters :'(

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, spyguy said:

From the comments.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/im-facing-bankruptcy-ciac-residents-17134706

1_The-Middlehaven-development-in-Middles

No, not me.

And, no, I dont know what  they were thinking - archiwhatsit, builder, LA, buyers etc etc.

 

 

Bought flat straight out of university. I suspect bomad. She's on LinkedIn too, a social media manager or sommat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never buy leasehold. (999yr peppercorn rent house is the exception)

Wooden clad buildings look like crap after a few years anyway. All the new-builds around here with wooden cladding look run down/weathered after a year of sun bleaching/British winter.  

From the article. £15 pound an hour for a "fire warden" to walk round the building. I'm in the wrong business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, prozac said:

I wonder how many of these properties there are across the country 

As it looks utterly hideous and ridiculous in equal measures you would hope not many! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Council estate capitalist said:

From the article. £15 pound an hour for a "fire warden" to walk round the building. I'm in the wrong business. 

I'm guessing the person walking won't be getting much more than NMW.

Your comment was correct but applies more to whoever gets the difference for their made up tasks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, longgone said:

1_The-Middlehaven-development-in-Middles

There no making anymore land !  

apart from the roof to put some houses on. 

Yep, land is at a premium! (Lets just ignore the acres of scrubland all around).

It does look like they stuck some houses on top or a school from little house on the prairie 😂 in fact, photoshop the structure on top into the scrubland, then photoshop out the flat/buildings and it does look like something out of the American Midwest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ebull said:

I'm guessing the person walking won't be getting much more than NMW.

Your comment was correct but applies more to whoever gets the difference for their made up tasks.

Oh definitely, It's the same as cleaners/carers. Client gets charged £16, worker gets £8.21 or less.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the "fire warden company" and the freeholder are related companies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has all the charm of the '60s communist bloc.

Edit - It's a shame more people don't wise up to the substantial pitfalls of buying a leasehold flat in a large block.  Service charges always rising and potential huge repair costs.

I am surprised nobody has launched legal action against the developers on this or similar schemes.  Surely they should have exercised professional competence to ensure safe material were used.

Edited by Ghostly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LetsBuild said:

Yep, land is at a premium! (Lets just ignore the acres of scrubland all around).

It does look like they stuck some houses on top or a school from little house on the prairie 😂 in fact, photoshop the structure on top into the scrubland, then photoshop out the flat/buildings and it does look like something out of the American Midwest!

That scrubland is actually a money making twig field. Just think how many twigs in vases you could make (and it grows back......FREE!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

I think the architect may have been a Harry Potter fan

 

The-Weasley-Family-image-the-weasley-fam

Nah.

Ive sat tgru films i dont understand, seen dresses that are stupid, gone to art galleries with piles of elephant shit.

The answer is always, coke, by the barrel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Nah.

Ive sat tgru films i dont understand, seen dresses that are stupid, gone to art galleries with piles of elephant shit.

The answer is always, coke, by the barrel.

Well you'd probably need a fair bit of coke to buy one of those flats too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LetsBuild said:

Yep, land is at a premium! (Lets just ignore the acres of scrubland all around).

It does look like they stuck some houses on top or a school from little house on the prairie 😂 in fact, photoshop the structure on top into the scrubland, then photoshop out the flat/buildings and it does look like something out of the American Midwest!

The more i look at that picture the more depressed i get.  i reminds me a bit of past east German or Ukrainian housing. 

would not look out of place in chernobyl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, longgone said:

The more i look at that picture the more depressed i get.  i reminds me a bit of past east German or Ukrainian housing. 

would not look out of place in chernobyl

I didn't believe it was real until I saw it on RightMove...

 

I wonder if the 'house' on top was marketed as a house...just happening to be on top of a 8 storey block of flats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, longgone said:

The more i look at that picture the more depressed i get.  i reminds me a bit of past east German or Ukrainian housing. 

would not look out of place in chernobyl

Well it is the result of an incompetitive crypto communist system.

Edited by Si1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ghostly said:

It has all the charm of the '60s communist bloc.

It looks like the building was constructed from left over bits of lots of other buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wayward said:

I wonder if the 'house' on top was marketed as a house...just happening to be on top of a 8 storey block of flats!!

Could even build it into the blurb on Rightmove e.g. "Scumbag Agents are proud to present to the market this 2 bedroom semi-detached house firmly situated upon substantial foundations. Extremely low risk of flooding."

Edited by Dorkins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

Could even build it into the blurb on Rightmove e.g. "Scumbag Agents are proud to present to the market this 2 bedroom semi-detached house firmly situated upon substantial foundations. Extremely low risk of flooding."

Not if it tipples over and falls in the dock.

You really have to wander around, to get a feel for the setting.

'A lively urban setting, with the famous Unbongo wine bar on your door step. Offering many employment opportunities for your 14yo daughter esp if she'll accept £10 for bareback...' etc etc

I cant find the place on google maps - i dont think 'quay street' exists anywhere but the EA imaginations.

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.5805102,-1.226826,3a,75y,231.32h,88.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBp9rZPDa7TZaHwbkAgDCdA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Rather the an old bustling quay side with quaint old pubs etc etc. Its the old commercial docks, where they did bulk cargos and whatnot.

Its been built in 'Over the border' the oldest, slummiest bit of middbrough. It was all knocked down - till they ran out of money., so theres stuff just left, bordered up.

Mixed with a load of god awful plastic buildings.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 293 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.