House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nara

Is there any legislation to help with poor insulation from neighbours?

Hello,

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows whether landlords are obliged to make sure there is sufficient soundproofing between their floor and my ceiling? I have been suffering for years from impact and airborne noise because there is definitely no soundproofing in his floors. obviously, i hear every step, every sound. And when I approached our building management company about this issue (since when we were changing our floors they forced us to soundproof the floor and did numerous acoustic tests), they told me it is not in my neighbour landlord's lease that he has to soundproof the floors. and i go to court, I might lose the case. This is what their lawyer told me. Obviously, the landlord doesnt live in the flat and is renting it out. 

Is there any advise you can give? Is there any legislation that could make him install soundproofing material in his floors? 

Many thanks!

Sign in to follow this