House Price Crash Forum

Obel Tower - 2 Bedrooms - £435K!

JoeDavola

HOLA441

Yes I know it's the penthouse but given the troubled history of this building and the reports of build quality issues this is a frankly ridiculous price IMO:

https://www.propertypal.com/apartment-25-09-the-obel-62-donegall-quay-belfast/597578/photo-10

You can still see what I assume are the wall mounted electric heaters with a new facade over them so it's not like any major work has been done to the building I assume, though if someone in the know can correct me on that feel free.

HOLA442
HOLA443
3 minutes ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

That's not a "penthouse". That's a 25th floor two bed duplex. It's basically a 2 bed apartment. A high one but still a two bed. 

The "penthouses" are on the 27th floor. 

I stand corrected, I'd assumed it was a penthouse (or what passes as a penthouse these days i.e. any flat that's on the top floor).

Ridiculous price, isn't it?

HOLA444
16 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I stand corrected, I'd assumed it was a penthouse (or what passes as a penthouse these days i.e. any flat that's on the top floor).

Ridiculous price, isn't it?

Absolutely bonkers. I'm seeing some seriously crazy stuff about at the minute. 

350k semis in stranmillis. Bonkers. 

HOLA445

Just about to pop our old house on the market. I was hoping for a whisker under £100K so that it had been worth doing it up over the last year (and I have put in massive effort into getting it right). Estate agents have suggested listing at £110K with expectations of £115K. Will wait to see exactly what will happen, but houses have certainly been going sale agreed within 2-3 weeks of being listed. Supposedly the first time buyer market is booming.

Joe - I owe you a message. Will be in touch soon!

HOLA446
5 hours ago, The_Equalizer said:

Joe - I owe you a message. Will be in touch soon!

No probs - hope to hear from you soon!

Yes I think FTB-ers are fighting over anything sub-£200K from a mixture of Bank of Mum and Dad, 30+ year mortgages, and low interest rates.

I went to view a 2.5 bed semi in BT8 a few weeks back that was really underwhelming, had damp problems and needed re-decorating and it still sold for over £190K.

• 2 years later...
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
48 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Has to be - even with all the wage inflation we're seeing.

I'm not sure we're all seeing real wage growth. Certainly the public sector workforce (25%) aren't. The minimum wage increase will have helped but I'm not sure we're going to see 10%+ wage increases this year. My employees haven't a hope. 

HOLA4414
On 04/05/2022 at 19:29, 2buyornot2buy said:

I'm not sure we're all seeing real wage growth. Certainly the public sector workforce (25%) aren't. The minimum wage increase will have helped but I'm not sure we're going to see 10%+ wage increases this year. My employees haven't a hope. 

I guess I'm biased in that several of my friends are in IT changing jobs frequently for huge pay increases.

My parents are about to go sale agreed for the second time in a year.

Over that year, their house has risen in value by 13%; more than my take home pay for that entire year.

HOLA4415
  • 3 months later...
HOLA4416