House Price Crash Forum

Harry Dunn killed by wife of US spy, not wife of diplomat

DiggerUK

HOLA441

https://news.sky.com/story/husband-of-us-woman-granted-diplomatic-immunity-not-registered-diplomat-11830734

So, 40 days after Harry was killed, it emerges that the killer was not on any diplomatic list of the US embassy under the Vienna Convention. Her husband was part of the operation of mass surveillance of citizens of the UK and USA, and is how both countries get around the laws that prevent them spying on their own citizens.

"the NSA has staff here fronting the spying on British citizens, while GCHQ has staff in the US fronting the spying on US citizens, and the polite fiction is that the results are transmitted back over the Atlantic to the US or UK respectively, before being “shared” with the partner intelligence agency"

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/

This was of course revealed by Edward Snowden and Julian Assange a long time ago..._

HOLA442
HOLA443

Yeah, we expelled Russian diplomats over Salisbury/novichok which the Russians always denied committing, so that from their POV at least their actions since then have been 'honest' on their terms.  But here we have the culprit admitting her fault yet being allowed to flee!

HOLA444
HOLA445

She doesn't have diplomatic immunity, never did.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/harry-dunn-trump-anne-sacoolas-witness-us-diplomat-uk-a9153406.html

Which bring the point that US citizens who commit crimes outside the US are a flight risk and should NEVER be give bail. But it won't happen now we are leaving the EU, UK will be the USA' s poodle.

HOLA446

Dreadful, tragic accident, but an accident none the less. 

If we didn't have the guideline that if someone is killed, someone must go to prison, she may well have stayed but with a likely prison sentence hanging over her I can understand the advice of the US embassy to return home.  

HOLA447
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Dreadful, tragic accident, but an accident none the less. 

If we didn't have the guideline that if someone is killed, someone must go to prison, she may well have stayed but with a likely prison sentence hanging over her I can understand the advice of the US embassy to return home.  

You think its acceptable to evade justice?

Maybe the UK government can reciprocate and allow UK citizens to evade justice abroad.

It wont do.

HOLA448
HOLA449
11 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

If she had stayed she wouldn't even get a jail sentence. Suspended one, fine, ban. 

Isn't going to affect the special relationship, especially so as we now have an ex-American, desperate for a scraps of US trade, PM.

I agree she wouldn't have ended up with much of a sentence if she had just stayed.

It was a accident, but with a terrible consequence.  I would have thought the two countries could come up with some solution where she spends a sentence tagged on a US base or something.

Obviously sad someone had to die, in general I think driving offence sentencing is to weak.

HOLA4410
13 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I merely question the UK sentencing guidelines where people face an almost certain custodial sentence for a momentary lapse of concentration. 

This has been normal for all offenses since the start of lawmaking. A monetary act of criminality, an impulse punch with a knife, a sexual urge, falling asleep at the wheel.

The US is vastly more punitive for such lapses.

HOLA4411

Is there anybody here not totally impressed by the strength of Harry's family?

If push ever came to shove with my family, I hope we would step up to the plate in such an honourable manner.

There are a few news videos in this link, seeing and hearing them is far more impressive than just reading the rest of the story..._

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7577013/Parents-UK-crash-victim-seek-justice-White-House.html 

HOLA4412

Yes they're determined and they've got good legal support.  Sooner or later they will win.

Meanwhile what do we make of Trump's meeting with them?  Does he have the authority to sign an executive order or something for an extradition?  What's stopping her coming back to UK for a trial?  No one seems to be giving any US national interest reason why not.

HOLA4413

I think Trump is totally arrogant about this. Why would he allow such as stunt to take place? I think it's completely disgusting.

What I can't seem to find out is what happens now? Can she be found guilty in her absence? Can an extradition application be made to the US if she is found guilty? If she doesn't return before a court case, would her sentence be much more?

To be fair if she had stayed, faced justice and shown remorse, she would probably have received a long or lifetime driving ban in the UK, suspended sentence and a large fine anyway.

HOLA4414

Watched Jeremy vine this morning and Carole Malone on the panel was vile she stated what good would come from reprimanding sacoolas as she was a mother and had 3 children why destroy their lives too. 

because its the right and legal correct thing to do maybe ??

HOLA4415
10 hours ago, Jason said:

To be fair if she had stayed, faced justice and shown remorse, she would probably have received a long or lifetime driving ban in the UK, suspended sentence and a large fine anyway.

Exactly, not sure if she was badly advised, or made a stop decision herself.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
On 09/10/2019 at 20:16, Qetesuesi said:

Yeah, we expelled Russian diplomats over Salisbury/novichok which the Russians always denied committing, so that from their POV at least their actions since then have been 'honest' on their terms.  But here we have the culprit admitting her fault yet being allowed to flee!

The Americans are far more powerful than us and won't hesitate to punish us if we don't comply.

HOLA4418

Harry's brother Niall gives first interview
It seems that Niall is of the same calibre as the rest of his family.

Like others here, I have been more than impressed with how the family have stepped up to the plate in demanding justice for Harry, and not been intimidated by the lies from government on both sides of the Atlantic..._

This exchange in the House of Commons clearly shows that Dominic Raab knows he is lying through his teeth about diplomatic immunity. I recommend a read of the whole debate that was held in parliament. 
Neither of the Sacoolas had diplomatic immunity..._

HOLA4419
On 24/10/2019 at 12:12, MancTom said:

The Americans are far more powerful than us and won't hesitate to punish us if we don't comply.

Comply with what?  It's the US who should be complying with the extradition, and we who will 'punish' them if they don't, for tens of millions of $$$ in their own courts (not to mention the "wonderful" publicity as the whole world gets to know of it).

On 27/10/2019 at 11:02, DiggerUK said:

This exchange in the House of Commons clearly shows that Dominic Raab knows he is lying through his teeth about diplomatic immunity.

That's quite a TLDR - please highlight the specific statements that lead you to that conclusion.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4420
  • 5 weeks later...
HOLA4421

https://news.sky.com/story/police-probe-footage-of-car-on-wrong-side-of-road-near-harry-dunn-raf-base-11911578

Now we're getting somewhere, as I suspected, it was not an isolated incident. 

The most important thing is not blame but to stop this happening in the future, some sort of clear warning to drive on the left when leaving a US facility is needed.

I drive a lot in Europe and know how careful one must be not to drive on the wrong side of the road when starting a journey. A particularly dangerous time is after stopping for a short time, like at a security gate, just before entering a main road.

I can drive for hundreds of miles in a day with no problems whatsoever. The danger time, when I know to be particularly aware, is the first few yards at the start of each day and the odd complicated junction. It's the same when returning to UK after driving for months in France.

HOLA4422
On 19/01/2020 at 00:34, Bruce Banner said:

https://news.sky.com/story/police-probe-footage-of-car-on-wrong-side-of-road-near-harry-dunn-raf-base-11911578

Now we're getting somewhere, as I suspected, it was not an isolated incident. 

The most important thing is not blame but to stop this happening in the future, some sort of clear warning to drive on the left when leaving a US facility is needed.

I drive a lot in Europe and know how careful one must be not to drive on the wrong side of the road when starting a journey. A particularly dangerous time is after stopping for a short time, like at a security gate, just before entering a main road.

I can drive for hundreds of miles in a day with no problems whatsoever. The danger time, when I know to be particularly aware, is the first few yards at the start of each day and the odd complicated junction. It's the same when returning to UK after driving for months in France.

I've seen exactly this. Following the credit crunch when the £ dived and there were tonnes of European tourists getting the ferry over for a cheap holiday, in a Yorkshire Dales car park I saw a European-numberplated car merrily exit the car park and drive a quarter of a mile down the road on the right hand side at normal road speed, before performing a mad panicky serve to the correct side when they realised what they'd done.

HOLA4423

Coming around a corner in France once, car coming towards me - "What's that idiot doing on the wrong oh sh1t it's me on the wrong side." Easily done. When I was going back and forth between the UK and France quite regularly I often found myself having to think carefully about which way round a roundabout I was supposed to go on the first one I encountered.

HOLA4424
On 22/01/2020 at 17:52, Riedquat said:

Coming around a corner in France once, car coming towards me - "What's that idiot doing on the wrong oh sh1t it's me on the wrong side." Easily done. When I was going back and forth between the UK and France quite regularly I often found myself having to think carefully about which way round a roundabout I was supposed to go on the first one I encountered.

A car exited a small industrial estate in front of me, doing a sharp right into the left hand lane, so facing me. There were a couple of vehicles coming along the right hand lane but far enough away so that I could slowly pass the car, which had stopped when I leant on the horn.

Couple of hundred yards before I had been on a left hand bend so this was not far away from being a head on at a closing speed of 80 -100 mph. 

• 3 months later...
HOLA4425

The claims that either of the Sacoolas had diplomatic immunity are false. The claims are not feasible when the protocols for granting diplomatic immunity were clearly never met. 
"Shadow foreign secretary Lisa Nandy has called for a parliamentary inquiry, in which the Foreign Secretary would have to explain "failings" with Mr Dunn's case."  I have no doubt that the inquiry will prove they never had immunity. 

A case can be put before the American courts to deliver her to British authorities, any claims about a "final decision" can be dismissed and turn out not to be the final US word on the matter.
The Interpol Warrant means she cannot leave the USA without being detained by the country she enters until extradited to the UK. I have more confidence than ever before that there will be justice for Harry..._

Archived